Belmont Stakes 2018 (June 9) - Justify & Bong Bong Bong

Maybe there won’t be American Triple Crown winner in Final Furlong this year (there’s still a chance to win the English, or the Canadian), but it’s still one of the richest races in the game. Meanwhile, in real life, Justify will try to win the third leg. Do you think he can?

“The 2018 Belmont Stakes will be the 150th running of the Belmont Stakes and the 107th time the event will take place at Belmont Park. The 1 1â�„2-mile (2,400 m) race, known as the “test of the champion”, is the final leg in Thoroughbred horse racing’s American Triple Crown series.”

[align=center]The FF Belmont Stakes info:

Date
2022-06-09

Race
Belmont Stakes (Gr. 1)

Surface
Dirt

Distance
12 furlongs

Purse
$1,000,000[/align]

Links:

@BelmontStakes - Twitter

Belmont Stakes - home page

2018 Belmont Stakes - Wikipedia

Past winners in real life:

• 2015 - American Pharoah - 2:26.65
  • 2016 - Creator - Time: 2:28.51
  • 2017 - Tapwrit - Time: 2:30.02

Past Final Furlong winners:

Justify on the road to Triple Crown:

twitter.com/KentuckyDerby/statu … 4147631107

Entries for Belmont Stakes are now open! And also for Epsom Derby :slight_smile:

In awe to have witnessed TWO Triple Crown Champions! What a finish!

Congrats to Bong Bong Bong but I’m a little distracted by Justify. :smiley:

and we have the 13th Triple Crown winner!!!

Wow!
I don’t know if there is a full race replay but here is the finish:

twitter.com/NBCSports/status/10 … 4285577216

incredible that he’s again so squeaky clean at the finish. Justify becomes another American Triple Crown winner.

Meanwhile, Lewis (Starfish Stables) won the FF Belmont Stakes with our colt [color=blue]Ch. Bong Bong Bong. Congratulations!

aaaand Justify has been retired.

horseracingnation.com/news/ … rom_racing

Now that’s a brilliant but very very short career… and another horse retired to stud because he got injured… breeding for soundness, anyone?

Yeah, I wish American racing was different. He didn’t race at 2 and then couldn’t make it through a 3yo campaign. It seems like it was a minor injury though so why not rest for a couple months and try to come back as a 4yo? But stud money is worth more than racing money and so is risking soundness.