Battle Hill Farms 2015 Foals

The first 2 days of January has found our foaling Manager and staff very busy…

January 1, 2015

[color=blue]Busted
Bay - Colt - 8.2h
Sired by: ICh. Take Me Away
Out of: Young Hearts (created)

This is Young Hearts first foal… She has been consigned to the Battle Hill Sale starting on the 4th… He may be for sale in the future…

[color=red]Charmed I’m Sure
Dapple Grey - Filly - 8.3h
Sired by: Silver Charm
Out of: Phoenix Park (created)

This is Phoenix Park’s first foal… she has been consigned to the Battle Hill Auction starting on the 4th… We are looking forward to racing this filly in 2017…

[color=blue]Complete Warrior
Chestnut - Colt - 8.0h
Sired by: NCh. Call To War
Out of: Ch. Harvard Holiday (GCh. Harvard Bound (S))

This is the first foal for Ch. Harvard Holiday and the first foal crop of the Juvenile sire NCh. Call To War… this handsome colt should be a powerhouse on the track… he may be for sale in the future…

[color=red]Dark Colors
Bay - Filly - 7.3h
Sired by: ICh. Dark Continent
Out of: Northwest Colors (created)

This is Northwest Color’s first foal… she has been consigned to the Battle Hill Auction starting on the 4th… We are looking forward to racing this filly in 2017…

[color=blue]King Of Angels
Dark Bay - Colt - 7.3h
Sired by: WCh. King David (B)
Out of: Ch. Fallen Angel (S) (Black Gold(S/S) Chef-de-Race (I))

This is the second foal for Ch. Fallen Angel… this handsome colt should be a powerhouse on the Turf… We are looking forward to racing him in 2017…

[color=red]Nephthys
Dark Bay - Filly - 8.0h
Sired by: GCh. Akhetnaten (S)
Out of: Water Splash (created)

This is Water Splash’s first foal… she has been consigned to the Battle Hill Auction starting on the 4th… We are looking forward to racing this filly in 2017…

[color=red]Rush Week
Dark Bay - Filly - 8.2h
Sired by: GCh. Starzen (B)
Out of: Ch. Sorority Sister (GCh. Street Wise (S))

This is Ch. Sorority Sister’s first foal… We are looking forward to racing this filly in 2017…

[color=blue]Sacred Oath
Bay - Colt - 8.2h
Sired by: Tiznow (B)
Out of: Scarlet Seas (Seabiscuit (S/S))

This is Scarlet Seas second foal… We look forward to racing this Colt in 2017…

[color=red]War Beauty
Dark Bay - Filly - 8.0h
Sired by: NCh. Call To War
Out of: You Little Beauty (Closing Time (S))

This is You Little Beauty’s third foal… and Battle Hill’s second NCh. Call To War foal this year…We look forward to racing this Filly in 2017…

January 2, 2015

[color=blue]Naturally I’m King
Dark Bay - Colt - 9.0h
Sired by: ICh. Long Live The King
Out of: Natural Talent (Planet Hollywood (S/S) Chef-de-Race (I/C))

This is the forth foal for Natural Talent… Her first foal Kissed By Fire (ICh. Ring of Fire(S)) is a winner on the track… this handsome colt should be a powerhouse on the Turf or over fences… We are looking forward to racing him in 2017…

[color=red]Street Rumor
Black - Filly - 8.2h
Sired by: Ch. Rumor Has It (S)
Out of: Belladonna (NCh. I’m A Classic (S))

This is Belladonna’s second foal… We look forward to racing this Filly in 2017…

[color=red]Yes It’s An Issue
Chestnut - Filly - 8.1h
Sired by: NCh. Yes It’s Paddy
Out of: Ch. Debatable Issue (WCh. What’s Debatable (S))

This is Ch. Debatable Issue’s first foal… and out of the first foal crop of the juvenile sire NCh. Yes It’s Paddy… We look forward to racing this Filly in 2017…

Ther was one sad note for today… the Maiden mare Monneypenny delivered a stillborn filly sired by GCh. My Lucky Day… she has been consigned to the Battle Hill Auction starting on the 4th…

[color=green]13 foals / [color=red]7 Fillies / [color=blue]5 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn - 61 left to Foal

Sorry about your filly, but the rest of your foals are all beautiful. I must say you’ve taken on quite a task naming 70+ foals!

Wow, that’s a lot of foals already. Congrats on a nice crop so far. :slight_smile: Sorry about Monneypenny’s foal.

Love the name for the Paddy foal! ;D Congrats for all the healthy foals and condolences for the one you lost.

Woah, and I thought my BM was busy on the 1st!  Congrats and good luck with them, especially the LLTK and DC foals. =)

January 3, 2015

[color=red]Halos And Wings
Dark Bay - Filly - 9.1h
Sired by: WCh. I’m Your Angel (B)
Out of: Winged Victory (Cross Roads (S/S) Chef-de-Race (I/C))

This is Winged Victory’s first foal… We look forward to racing this Filly in 2017…

[color=blue]Mad Man Mars
Grey - Colt - 9.2h
Sired by: Point Given (S/S) Chef-de-Race (I)
Out of: Into the Myst (G) (Native Dancer (S/S))

3M is 1/2 to MSW Ch. Into the Unknown, and Into the Myst’s fourth foal… We are very excited about this colt and look forward to racing him in 2017…

There was another sad note for today…  Easy Trick delivered a stillborn filly sired by Ch. Moonopoly (B)… Easy Trick is recovering and will be bred later this year…

[color=green]16 foals / [color=red]8 Fillies / [color=blue]6 Colts / [color=brown]2 Stillborn - 58 left to Foal

I’m glad to see Into the Myst is doing well–we ran her (albeit unsuccessfully) for a bit.  =)

Congrats on the babies!

January 4, 2015

[color=blue]Warlord
Bay - Colt - 9.1h
Sired by: War Chant (B)
Out of: What A Folklore (Silver Legend (S/S))

This is What a Folklore’s second foal… and we were shocked that the name was not used yet… Were hoping for great things from this colt… looking forward to racing him in 2017…

[color=red]DevilInABlackDress
Black - Filly - 8.2h
Sired by: ICh. Devil His Due
Out of: Ch. Salty Oak (Twin Oaks (S/S))

We are super excited about this filly! This is Ch. Salty Oak’s first foal and should be a demon on the grass or hurdles… Watch for her at a track near you in 2017…

[color=red]All American Girl
Chestnut - Filly - 8.0h
Sired by: NCh. Starz ‘n’ Stripes (S)
Out of: Apple Pie (A.P. Indy (S/S) Chef-de-Race (B/I))

Another exciting filly… She’s destine for Glory with both grand-dams being Gold ranked… This is Apple Pie’s third foal…

[color=green]19 foals / [color=red]10 Fillies / [color=blue]6 Colts / [color=brown]2 Stillborn - 55 left to Foal

Love the name Warlord. :slight_smile:

January 5, 2014

[color=red]Simply Tonguetied
Chestnut - Filly - 10.0h
Sired by: GCh. Simply Heroic (S)
Out of: Tonguetied (B) (Class Act (G/G))

Tonguetied was my very first Color Wars prize… Simply Tonguetied is 1/2 to SP The Jazz Singer & The Whiz Kid… She may be for sale in the future…

[color=blue]Sky Writing
Dark Bay - Colt - 10.0h
Sired by: ICh. Doodles
Out of: Ch. Sky Heights (NCh. Lucky Cigar (S/S) Chef-de-Race (I))

This si the first foal for Ch. Sky Heights and the first foal crop for ICh. Doodles… He may be for sale in the future…

[color=blue]Fleet Matador
Dark Bay - Colt - 8.1h
Sired by: Holy Bull
Out of: Fleet Keeper (B) (NCh. Fleet Street (S/S))

Matador is 1/2 to MSP Onix Moon and is Fleet Keeper’s 5th foal… He may be for sale in the future…

[color=green]22 foals / [color=red]11 Fillies / [color=blue]9 Colts / [color=brown]2 Stillborn - 52 left to Foal

January 6, 2014

[color=red]Give Me A Signal
Chestnut - Filly - 8.2h
Sired by: ICh. Stressed
Out of: Advanced Signal (G)

Give Me A Sign is 1/2 to MSW Ch. Kiss This and is Advanced Signals 5th foal… We have great hopes for this filly and look forward to seeing her run in 2017…

[color=blue]Elegant Sneak
Dark Bay - Colt - 9.3h
Sired by: NCh. Sneak Peek (S)
Out of: Ch. Tres Elegant

This is the first foal for Ch. Tres Elegant… He may be for sale in the future…

[color=blue]Devil’s Stride
Chestnut - Colt - 9.0h
Sired by: WCh. Strider
Out of: Devil’s Legacy (NCh. Devil May Care (S))

This is Devil’s Legacy’s first foal… we are excited about this colt and can’t wait to see what he’ll do on the track in 2017…

[color=red]Bold Miss
Light Bay - Filly - 8.2h
Sired by: NCh. Boldness Shows (S)
Out of: Deputy Miss (Deputy Minister (S))

This is Deputy Miss’s  second live foal…

[color=blue]Quiet Giant
Dark Bay - Colt - 8.2h
Sired by: Giant’s Causeway (B)
Out of: Ch. Quiet Queen

This Ch. Quiet Queen’s fourth foal… He may be foe sale in the future…

[color=red]Fabled Time
Dark Bay - Filly - 9.1h
Sired by: WCH. Express Yourself
Out of: Ch. Timely Fable

This is the first foal from MSP Ch. Timely Fable and out of WCh. Express Yourself’s first foal crop… we are excited about this filly and look forward to seeing her run in 2017…

January 7, 2015

[color=blue]Fooled Again
Chestnut - Colt - 8.1h
Sired by: ICH. V is for Victory
Out of: Foolish Dame

This is Foolish Dame’s first foal and out of ICh. V is for Victory’s first foal crop… he may be for sale later this year…

[color=red]Satin Pillow
Dark bay - Filly - 9.2h
Sired by: Rock of Gibraltar
Out of: Mon Amour (B) (Satin Romance (S/S))

This is Mon Amour’s fourth foal… She may be for sale later this year…

[color=red]DreamALilDream
Grey - Filly - 8.2h
Sired by: Smart Strike
Out of: Wonderful Dreams (NCh. KC Wonder Boy (B))

This is Wonderful Dreams third foal…

[color=green]31 foals / [color=red]16 Fillies / [color=blue]13 Colts / [color=brown]2 Stillborn - 43 left to Foal

**changed from Give Me A Sign to Give Me A Signal… Hope this works better…

I like Fooled Again’s name!

Can’t believe you have over 30 foals on the ground already. :wink:

Me either… what was I thinking? the foaling staff have been running in circles since the first!!! What I also can’t believe is I have nearly 50 yet to foal!!! Again What was I thinking? :stuck_out_tongue:

Is Give Me A Sign too close to Gimme A Sign? (sorry!)

I second Shanthi’s sentiments on Fooled Again.  Dreamalildream is really cute, too!

Ahhh love the name Fleet Matador! Not that I’m biased or anything.

Sheezus! I can’t believe you have 93 broodmares! I thought I had the most this year at ~80! New target to beat… :stuck_out_tongue:

lol… Jase I have a few of those girls for sale… hint… most are around $80-$85K… you could take a few off my hands if you’d like… :wink:

Haha! Taxes pillaged me this year. Only got $100k in the bank. Eeek! Hopefully my 2YO sale raises some much needed $$$$s…

January 8, 2015

[color=blue]Sacred Cross
Chestnut - colt - 9.3h
Sired by: Rahy (G)
Out of: Victoria Cross (Citation (B/B))

This is Victorian Cross’ first foal and we are so excited about this handsome son on the MSW sire Rahy (G) We are looking forward to seeing this one on the track in 2017…

January 9,2015

[color=red]Bound For Glory
Dark Bay - Filly - 9.2h
Sired by: GCh. Harvard Bound (S)
Out of: Cool Trick (What’s It Worth (G/G) Chef-de-Race (I/C))

This is Cool Trick’s first live foal… Glory may be for sale later this year…

[color=green]33 foals / [color=red]17 Fillies / [color=blue]14 Colts / [color=brown]2 Stillborn - 41 left to Foal

January 10, 2015

[color=red]Lady Deca
Chestnut - Filly - 8.3h
Sired by: Octagonal
Out of: Ladybug (S)

The lovely Lady Deca so named because she is Ladybug’s 10th and final foal is 1/2 to MSP Jaques, Ch. Lady of the Night, Ch. Distinguished Gent and Daredevil Dan… Ladybug had a difficult labor and the descision was made to retire her from breeding…

[color=green]34 foals / [color=red]18 Fillies / [color=blue]14 Colts / [color=brown]2 Stillborn / [color=purple]1 Broodmare Retired - 40 left to Foal