Are Future Entries Functional? (Answer: Not Yet)

So I noticed on horse pages under upcoming entries I can schedule them for future entries. Is this function functional (It lets me do it, but does that script run)? I just wanted to check before I put effort into scheduling a bunch of horses. If it does work I’m super excited though!

Nope, it’s not functional yet (otherwise believe me, I would have made a huge announcement…this code has been sitting unfinished for over 9 years!).

I’ve updated the script, but I’m only enabling it for my stable for the next couple of weeks to make sure it doesn’t do incredibly stupid things. :wink: Hopefully it will all work amazingly and I can turn it on for everyone.

There is this page if it’s helpful, at least you can see what future entries you have planned:
https://www.finalfurlong.org/stableentries.php

1 Like

I figured it would have been a big annoucement, but I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss it! Very cool about the future entries page. Even that is helpful. Thanks, Shanthi!

Well the first run was…interesting. :wink: Lots of minor issues to fix, and as a result of debugging I paid for shipping about 5x.

End result is good though!

I still have a variety of tweaks to make, and this didn’t really fully test things as all my horses happened to be eligible for their races so it didn’t check any of that logic, but at least it did the basics. :slight_smile:

Even if it just keeps this functionality for the next while, it made my life SO MUCH easier! Much better than long stable notes and scattered scratch papers. It also allows me to concentrate my time on entries for a couple of weeks instead of just per week.

Thanks, Shanthi!

1 Like

Oh good, I’m glad to hear it.

I agree - the combination of being able to filter the trainer summary by high energy horses not entered in races, and then plan future entries for them…very helpful so far! I’m not counting the future entry bit itself as I think I would have spent far less time clicking the buttons by hand than massaging the code, lol, but that will pay off longer-term.

I noticed there’s a link for future entries on my stable page now. I’ve got several set for future entries for 2nd Feb. Entries opened today for those races. Do I need to enter the ponies manually for now as none have been entered automatically.

Yes, the script will not enter them automatically yet.