Annual Foal Auction?

The auction has not yet started, but there are 19 horses sold, but they are unsold :upside_down_face:
Maybe these are the horses consigned by stables other than Final Furlong?

Some pretty ponies, by the way!

These were horses that were somehow simultaneously consigned to other auctions this year (Mixed and Select). They’re a reminder of what we can’t have. :laughing:

2 Likes

Is it a normal number of foals this year? Maybe it seems like in past years we’ve had more of a distribution across Gold, Silver, and Bronze-ranked stallions and mares. This group seems pretty Bronze and unranked-heavy. Not that there aren’t some hidden gems to be discovered, of course…

Honestly, with the number of stables that have gone inactive over the last few years and the number of horses now in Final Furlong’s care, breeding rankings are subjective. I’ve got quite a few horses from bronze ranked parents (sire, dam, or both) who are stakes winners. I can’t say for certain because I’ve never paid attention to numbers, but the number of foals entered looks right to me.

Plus the breeding rankings have been broken for awhile. For instance, Straticus has been at 0.2-0.4 all year as a sire, but he has 52% winners, 15% SW’s, and 2 MSW’s (plus extra pts with a 2yo SW). His win percentage is higher than some Silver-ranked horses this year.

Number of foals entered also looks right to me, too. With the inactive horses, I think the # of horses with lower-ranked parents just outweighs horses with high-ranked parents, since half-sibs have just sat for several years.

I’ve removed the extraneous ponies.

1 Like

Yeah the update script is still running as usual, but something’s wonky with it. I may blow away all the rankings and re-run the script to see if that helps. (Not sure when, though, because Life.)

3 Likes

I think as long as the percentages are accurate, breeding rankings can be at the bottom of the to-do list. We just need to remember to take the rankings with a grain of salt, so to speak. Lol. Definitely understand that life can get in the way of things, but thank you for continuing to run the game all the same, Shanthi!

1 Like