9/12

No wins, but a really good day with 5 of 6 hitting the board!

[color=blue]Jade River, whom we’re leasing from Rainee Thoroughbreds, made his first start with us and ran 2nd/7 in a NW3.
[color=blue]Rocket Smoke ran 2nd/8 in an OA.
[color=blue]A Knight’s Tale came off a long break to finish 2nd/8 in his OA.

[color=red]Temple Maid (2yo, Worth My While) was 4th/14 in her NW2.
[color=blue]Field of Diamonds ran 4th/6 in a NW3.

Only flunk was [color=red]Irish Miss finishing 6th/8 in a NW3.

Blah so much for my ponies winning me birthday money, well a day early. Sent out 9 and only 3 were in the money. 3 stakes dissapointments and shocks !

Win
[color=red]Cats Lucky Day (my lucky day) Broke her maiden in a Mixed NW-1 allowance, she beat Both boys and girls and she still 15h of her predicted 16h height.

4ths
[color=blue]The Councelor (point given) in an NW-3
[color=red]Count Me Twice (king David) a recent auction purchase, her first race ever,In an NW-3 for 2/f

Sent 14 out, some good, some bad :slight_smile:

Wins
[color=blue]Lumberjack (4yo, I’m Your Angel) in the Belmont Breeders’ Cup. Bit of a pleasant surprise, he tends to run 2nd/3rd, happy to see him step it up a notch!
[color=red]Careless Whisper (4yo, Alydar) in the Joe Aitcheson. She loves the longer distances!

Places
[color=blue]New Rule (4yo, Spectacular Bid) in an open allowance, tried some different equipment on him
[color=blue]Criminal Secret (2yo, Foolhardy) in a dirt allowance, he is good an consistent

Shows
[color=blue]Adena Brave (3yo, Boldness Shows) in a NW3 allowance

4ths
[color=red]Uncanny Yodel (4yo, Highland Bandit) in the Arlington Matron Handicap. I think she is more of a sprinter

One nice win! 3yo colt [color=blue]Al Mundhir won the Grade 2 Jerome Stakes, and looks like he can win some more at this level.

Nice day at the races!

[color=red]Hello Goodbye has completely destroyed the way I used to see her as a runner. She ran in 9.5f Gr. 3 Arlington Matron Handicap for 3yo+ F/M (SC) and placed 2/14. Her past three runs have been 3rd or better in stakes. And to think I was wondering if I should even breed her! She has made 17x her sale price for me since I figured out she was a jumper.

My pride and joy [color=blue]Alfresco got below second place for the first time today. He ran in 6.5f Allowance for 2yo (D) as a break from the stakes pressure and placed 3rd/8. Never below third is still awesome! :smiley:

[color=blue]Gallant Affair ran in 13.5f Allowance for 4yo+ (D) and placed 4th/8. He’s doing really well this year, but not enough for stud. Going to play with his equipment a bit, and if he still doesn’t start becoming a prospective stud, gelding is imminent.

A much better day than on Saturday. 8 Runners, 2 Wins, 2 Thirds, 2 Fourths, 2 Also Rans

Winners
[color=red]Ch. Last Nights Jitter, (4yo, Major’s Flight x Las Vegas Jitters) 1/14 in the G3 Arlington Matron Handicap at Arlington. 3rd win this year (4th overall), 2 of which have been SW. She will have one more race then will head to Belmont for the Breeder’s Cup (either the SC Distaff or the SC Distaff Endurance).
[color=blue]GCh. In The Navy, (5yo, Man O’War x Dayatthebeach) 1/10 in the G1 Ranvet Stakes in Australia. His 6th win this year (10th overall). All of his wins this year were SW, which, added to his SW from last year, makes him the 3rd Starfish Horse to become Stud-Qualified this year. He will have one more race before being shipped home for a rest, then, he too will head to Belmont for the Breeder’s Cup (undecided as to which race he will be entered in).

Thirds
[color=red]Whats Believeable, (3yo, What’s Debatable x By By Birdie) 3/6 in an OA at Calder.
[color=blue]Ch. Painted Raven, (4yo, Slew O’ Scots x Painted Desert) 3/13 in the G1 Joe Aitcheson at Arlington.  He will have one more race then be shipped home for a rest, then, he too will head to Belmont for the Breeder’s Cup (probably the SC Classic).

Fourths
[color=blue]Ch. Pointed Question, (3yo, What’s Your Point x Take the Challenge) 4/12 in the G2 Belmont Breeders’ Cup at Belmont. He will be sent home for a rest then we’re toying with the thought of running him in one of the Breeder’s Cup races.
[color=blue]Keyboard, (3yo, War Chant x Lady of Mystery) 4/10 in the G3 Newcastle Newmarket Handicap in Australia.

Also Rans
[color=red]Office Hours (L), (2yo, Alley Cat x Wonderful Dreams) 6/14 in an NW2 at Belmont.
[color=blue]GCh. AndLikeThatHesGone, (4yo, Major’s Flight x Risky Venture) 7/13 in the G1 Joe Aitcheson at Arlington. He has run below-par in his last three races and has been sent home for a rest. He will have one race after that before heading to Belmont for the Breeder’s Cup (probably the SC Sprint).

The Ivy Creek string continues to impress:

The highlight of the day is surely our 4YO Affirmed daughter, [color=red]Ch. Afterglow, who won the G1 Coolmore Classic, earning herself a speed record for 7.5f turf.  She has run hot and cold this year, but when she’s running well, she is more than impressive.  And with this most recent change of equipment, she seems to have found a new level.  I’m incredibly excited to see her continue, and I’m glad knowing that she will someday soon fill the void in our brood band that her mother used to inhabit before her retirement last spring.

3YO homebred [color=blue]Allinvain (Worth My While) handily won his NW2, also earning a speed record with his speed factor of 222.  :astonished:

2YO homebred [color=red]Talkofthetown (Rumor Has It), 1/2 sister to Afterglow, ran 2nd in her second race ever.  We’re still figuring her out, but she is looking promising.

2YO homebred [color=red]Worth A Treasure (Worth My While) ran 2nd in her NW3 - she’s yet to be off the board, and I’m super happy to see her continue.

2YO homebred [color=blue]Star of Lakshmi (Octagonal) ran 3rd in his NW3.  He’s very inconsistant, but I’m happy with this finish.