9/11 the 10th Anniversary

It’s been a very quiet day for me; one of my best friends that I grew up with died in Baghdad June 21, 2007. He was a disk jockey in Florida when 9/11 happened, and was so moved by it, that he enlisted in the army. He was scheduled to ship home the weekend of my niece’s 2nd birthday, and I remember that all of us took turns talking to him over webcam on the day. He smiled at me and told me that he missed me; and we’d go catch a movie when he got back; even teased me over having a crush on him for ages.

They pushed his date back to June 25, 2007. He and those in his group were driving along when their vehicle hit a hidden bomb, and were killed instantly. He was only 28 years old.

I’m in NY at Belmont Park for the first time ever, and it’s been an unsettling week leading up to today…I was ironically in history class the day of the attack; I can remember my history teacher crying as she turned on the tv and we watched the replay of the planes hitting the tower.

It’s just a sad day all around…had to get it out I suppose. RIP to everyone who lost their lives on 9/11, and a salute to every woman and man who put their life on the line to bring justice and a fighting spirit back to America. RIP Daniel Agami we all love and miss you so much and we’ve made sure that you’ll never be forgotten. All my love and respect to my brother in law Jonathan Dow who arrived home safely from a year stint in Afghanistan, and all of my love and respect to my absolute best friend and one-time high school sweetheart, Doug Shevlin, who i went and welcomed home after a year in Afghanistan and having almost died in an attack.

I may have lost one of my close friends dear to my heart, but I thank whoevers up there that I didn’t lose either one of you. <3

RIP Danny Agami

Jonathan Dow

Doug Shevlin

Thank you for sharing this. 9/11 is a hard day for many Americans.