8/8

Big milestone here at CDS today.  Our 3yo homebred filly, [color=red]Fightin’ The Smoke, by Nightfight won the Wonder Where Stakes clenching the Canadian Triple tiara!  We were worried with the switch to turf, especially with so many Nightfight foals prefering dirt, but she really showed her champion heart today by keeping her nose in front the whole way.  She is the second Nightfight foal to win a triple title.  ;D

Blah is all I can say 10 out had a 3rd and a 4th !  What happened to my ponies all of a sudden! :frowning:

Congrats Holly !!  Nightlit Haze is jut 2 pts from grand Ch. , though no big series she’s still running well!

Congrats Holly! My Nightflight baby is resting after running either flaming hot or deciding to putz about. Darn 2yo. My kids were back to their hit-the-board-but-avoid-a-win-like-the-plague ways. Sent out 12 and 5 hit the board, no wins.

[color=blue]Kindred Romance (2yo, Gunningdownromance) ran a gutsy 2nd/14 in a NW2.
[color=red]A.P. Goodyear (A.P. Indy) and [color=red]Crack the Bell (Dark Continent) ran 3rd and 4th/7 in an OA. This gives me much hope since both were bombing all year long after great 2yo seasons. Sent them back home then started messing with equipment. Hopefully this speaks of more promising things to come!
[color=red]Belfast Belle finished 3rd/14 in an OA.
[color=red]Hot Nurse was stretched out a little farther than she liked and managed a 4th/6 in her OA.

lol…yeah they seem to really mellow out at 3. Some in a good way some in a bad way. Can’t wait to see how they do at 4 as well,  also thank you btw.  :slight_smile:

YES. I literally squealed when I saw this. I’ll try not to yell.

[color=blue]Alfresco, who has been on a winning streak as of late, ran in 6.5f Gr. 3 Best Pal Stakes for 2yo (D). This was a definite gamble, due to the fact that it was his first dirt race as well as his first stakes. He placed 1st/12!! I CANNOT believe it! A homebred! A stakes winner! On his first try!  :astonished: This is my first stakes winner since Unabridged, and definitely the first stakes winner that I’ve bred.

I’m losing my mind.

[color=blue]Acapulco Gold did reasonably well (but is unfortunately overshadowed by Alfresco’s performance). He ran in 8.0f Allowance for 3yo and placed 4th/7. May be gelding him next year.

Many good placings, but no wins.

[color=red]Jorghinia finished 2nd/8, and [color=red]Lacune 3rd, in a steeplechase allowance. Lacune is not so clearly bred for sprint, so I’m glad that she can run like this too.
Two maiden fillies, [color=red]Chalula One and [color=red]Gentle Charlotte, still remain maidens. They both finished 3rd in their very crowded races.
We also have a 2yo colt [color=blue]Im Your Daddy and he’s still unplaced. Looks like he’ll not do much at this age.
Same for [color=red]Hadriana (5th) and [color=blue]Sugarbird (6th).  ::)
However, our 3yo filly [color=red]Embellished finished 3rd in the Wonder Where Stakes. It was her first turf race and I entered her in the last moment, because I completely forgot that she’s nominated.

Yay! Congrats! That’s a huge milestone, too! :slight_smile:

Pretty good day - not many out, but everyone came home with a check.

Win:
[color=red]Magick Symbol (2yo, Cryptic Ballad) in a NW3.

Places:
[color=blue]Country Store (Point Given) in a starter allowance.

[color=blue]Damon Bradley (2yo, No Duplicate) in his first stakes attempt, the Best Pal Stakes.

Show:
[color=red]Temporary Insanity (Foolhardy) in an OA.

Congrats! He’s a nice pony. :slight_smile:

Thanks Holly and Shanthi! We both had a good day, Holly, congrats to you too.  ;D

11 Runners, 3 Wins, 1 third, 2 fourths, 5 others

Winners
[color=red]Ch. Giant’s Debate, (3yo, Giant’s Causeway) 1/10 in the G3 Singapore Plate at Arlington. Her fourth win (including 3 SW), in her last five starts.
[color=blue]Prestige, (4yo, Cross Roads) 1/11 in the G1 Whitney Handicap at Saratoga. His third win in the four races he has run in since we purchased him in April.
[color=red]GCh. Big Dawn, (4yo, Rumor Has It) 1/10 in the G1 Personal Ensign Handicap at Saratoga. After a slow start to this year, she has improved by leaps and bounds, winning her last five races, all SW, including two G1W. She will make a great addition to our Broodmare ranks next year.

Third
[color=red]Classic Red Line, (2yo, I’m A Classic) 3/10 in an NW3 at Woodbine.

Fourths
[color=red]DashingCoronaRose, (2yo, Worth my While) 4/14 in a Mdn at Woodbine.
[color=blue]Final Mystery, (2yo, Magic Glory) 4/14 in a Mdn at Woodbine.

Others
[color=red]Ginny Weasley, (2yo, Major’s Flight) 5/14 in an NW2 at Saratoga.
[color=blue]Crystal Double, (4yo, Crystal Rainbow) 10/10 in an NW3 at Woodbine.
[color=red]Lucky Major, (2yo, Major’s Flight) 10/14 in an NW2 at Woodbine.
[color=blue]GCh. AndLikeThatHesGone, (4yo, Major’s Flight) 5/10 in the G2 Pat O’Brien Handicap at Del Mar. He still needs two more SW’s to be stud-qualified.
[color=blue]Cup O’ Tea, (5yo, Stagehand) 6/11 in the G3 Launceston Cup in Australia. He still needs one more SW to be stud-qualified.

Another fabulous day for Ivy Creek:

WINS:

2YO homebred [color=blue]Star of Lakshmi (x Octagonal) WON his NW1, breaking his maiden finally.  :slight_smile:

4YO [color=red]Mango Frappe (x Sunday Silence) won her NW2 by a large margin, also earning a speed record today.  She has always been consistantly on the board despite being lightly raced, but today’s race secured her future spot in our broodmare herd, knowing that the talent exists in her.  Can’t wait to see what else she can do on the track first, though!

2YO [color=red]Nicole’s Majic (x A.P. Indy) won her NW2, her second win in a row.  Yay for consistancy!

3YO [color=blue]Win Zenith (x Gotta Go) won his NW1 in fine style, finally living up to his legendary pedigree (he’s 1/2 to several MSWers).

3YO [color=blue]Exit Poll (x Irish River) won the G2 Pat O’Brien Handicap.  This is his second stakes win in a row, and it earned him his champion title.  Stablemate [color=green]Notmyfirstrodeo (our first ever homebred x Temptation) finished 3rd.

PLACES:

3YO [color=blue]Cuchulain (x Irish River) ran 2nd in his NW1 - still figuring this boy out.

2YO homebred [color=blue]Mood Indigo (x All Jazzed Up) ran 2nd in his debut, a full maiden field.  I’m impressed!

3YO [color=red]Ciao Bella (x Alley Cat, from our HOTY mare) ran 2nd in the G3 Singapore Plate, her first ever stakes attempt.  I am so glad she’s starting to find her feet!

SHOWS:

2YO homebred [color=red]Singsong (x Rahy) ran 3rd in her NW3.  She’s always in the top 3, but I would love to see her in the winner’s circle again someday…  -sigh-

2YO [color=blue]Ducati (x Magic Cross) ran 3rd in the G3 Best Pal Stakes after making the long journey from England to Del Mar.  No wonder he was off his game…

AND BEYOND:

2YO homebred [color=blue]D’angelo ran 4th in his debut in a full field.  I’ll take it!

Only one, 2YO homebred [color=red]Comedy Queen (x High Chances) failed to bring home a paycheck - but it was her first ever race, so that’s easily forgiven.