8/25

Pretty good day - only 3 out, though, as most of the string is resting up.

Win:
[color=red]Original Copy (2yo, Lasting Spirit) in the Adirondack Stakes. This is her first stakes win. :slight_smile:

Places:
[color=red]Brighid (Highland Laird) in a NW2.

[color=red]A Capella (What’s Debatable) in the Torrey Pines Stakes.

Don’t know what happened I completely missed today’s races. Lol
Got the team horses entered and forgot my own  ::)

I almost did! Had the races picked out weeks ago and only remembered to enter on Thursday, so a few didn’t make it to the track.

Fantastic day today! Sent 10 out, only one was out of the money! Especially proud of my stakes ponies

Wins
[color=red]Anex (3yo, Almost Home) in a NW3 allowance. Her first start on turf, she liked the surface change

[color=red]Eloquently (3yo, Strider) in an open allowance. She is now officially a champion!

[color=blue]Run Jenny Run (3yo, Whats Your Point) in the Saranac Stakes. Very pleased that his flight from England and his time off went well. Love this boy

Places
[color=red]Heaven’s Halo (2yo Ring Of Fire) in the Adirondack Stakes. This was her first stakes start and second lifetime start, can’t ask for much better! Excited to see what the future holds for this filly.

[color=blue]Nobleton (3yo, Point Given) in the Saranac Stakes against stablemate Run Jenny Run. Happy to see him bounce back after a poor finish in his last race.

Shows
[color=blue]Political Risk (2yo, Giant’s Causeway) in a NW3 allowance.

4ths
[color=blue]New Rule (Spectacular Bid) who was a recent purchase, in an open allowance.

[color=blue]Little Inclination (2yo, High Chances) in a maiden, this was his first ever start

[color=red]Honest Lady (3yo, Rumor Has It) in a SC NW2 allowance

Could be better… and it’s my fault!  ::)

[color=red]Ch. Crownette finished 4th/10 in Grade 3 Glen Falls Handicap, and  I just realized that she wasn’t trained since a month. She definetely needed a workout before this race!

[color=red]Belle of Portugal ran another maiden, and finished 4th/14. Again.

I was seriously considering selling off 90% of my racehorses earlier this year and due to internet issues, was away from the game for several months.  I didn’t train much before, but I came back in July and put all my ponies on a regular schedule.  I don’t know if it was the time off or the training, but they’ve given me HOPE.  Therefore, they get to stick around a little longer. 

8 of 8 in the money today!

[color=red]Indy’s Kitty seemed to like her equipment change as she wired the field in a 12.5f NW1 for 3yos.  1st/6

[color=blue]First Choice had me yelling “FINALLY!” as he too went gate-to-wire in his 6.5f NW3.  Now maybe he can live up to his breeding! 1st/6

[color=red]Tothemoonandback, a strapping (17.3h!) filly I picked up at auction, earned her purchase price back and more as she took the lead in a NW3 for 2yoF.  1st/6

[color=red]Moonlight Sonnet, full sister to a Gold-ranked broodmare, finally found her feet and wired a 9.5f Allowance for 3yo+.  1st/6

[color=red]Refinement, a previous claim, is now well on her way to earning back her tag.  She picked up a win in her 8.5 Allowance for 3yo.  1st/6

[color=blue]Tantalize earned his first paycheck in a 5.5f Maiden.  I think he might need more distance next time out.  2nd/6

[color=red]Gotta Fly proved that she’s got the right stuff, finishing on the board in the Gr. 3 Saranac Stakes.  She too might like more room to run.  3rd/10

[color=blue]Highland Devil finally earned a little money today in a 7f NW3 for 2yo.  The distance is within his range, so maybe a slight equipment tweak next time.  5th/6

Forgot about today’s races until now because I was moving back to uni, but man, I need more days like this! C’mon ponies, get me out of the red for year-end taxes! Sent out 8 and 6 hit the board.

WIN
[color=red]Ordinarily Yours won for the first time since April (yeesh!), and by 2-1/4!
[color=red]Magic Lable decimated her NW3 by 5 lengths; might give stakes a go next time.
Entered into an OA to keep the boy in shape as we wait for stakes races of his liking to come back around, [color=blue]Glorioso easily won by 2 lengths.

PLACE
[color=red]Ekosian ran 2nd/6 in an OA pushing past her usual distance.

SHOW
[color=red]Belfast Belle showed her old form and ran a respectable 3rd/9 in an OA.
[color=blue]Macau improved from his last start with a 3rd/6 in a NW1.

Also-rans: [color=red]Playdate (5th/14 Maiden; 2yo) and Nindalf (8th/14 maiden; 2yo – has been sent home for some well-deserved rest).

Eight out today. One of my biggest race days!

[color=blue]Gallant Affair has placed third or better in all of his 14 starts this year, except for the two stakes races. I guess he’s just not stakes material. He ran in 16.0f Allowance for 4yo+ (Dirt) and placed 1st/6, keeping his streak running.

Speaking of streaks, the mighty [color=blue]Alfresco strikes again. He ran in 6.5f Gr. 2 Saratoga Special for 2yo (D) and placed 2nd/10. This is simply amazing. Out of eight starts, he has never before placed less than second. I am so proud to have bred him.
This makes Alfresco into Ch. Alfresco at the young age of 2!

[color=red]Cathedral ran in 11.0f Gr. 3 Glen Falls Handicap for 3yo+ F/M (T) and placed 2nd/10! She’s having a nice year and will probably enjoy retirement in the breeding shed next year.
This makes Cathedral into Ch. Cathedral! Both her and Alfresco are from the same mare.

Mixed auction purchase [color=red]Champagne On Ice ran in 16.0f NW3 Allowance for 3yo+ (SC) and placed 2nd/6! I’m so glad I didn’t notice she was in Australia and decide not to buy her. She’s well worth her price and the shipping fees.

Mixed auction purchase [color=blue]All Is Holy ran in 13.0f Allowance for 3yo+ (T) and placed 7th/7. He was under raced in his prime. He will be losing his manhood tonight to see if that helps him with a little more success in his older years.

Mixed auction purchase [color=blue]Easy Launch ran in 7.0f Allowance for 3yo+ (T) and placed 9th/9. He has not placed anything above last this year. He is the same case as All Is Holy; under raced in his prime. He will also be losing his manhood tonight. They can help each other through it.

[color=red]Secretsofthesky ran in 5.5f Maiden for 2yo F (T) and placed 11th/14. Still unplaced.

[color=blue]Noble 6 ran in 5.5f Maiden for 2yo (T) and placed 13th/14. Also unplaced.

Lots of change today! Two new champions and two new geldings.

An all-or-nothing day. 12 runners, 4 wins, 1 third, 7 also rans.

Winners
[color=red]Classic Red Line, (2yo, I’m A Classic) 1/9 releasing her maiden status in an NW2 at Woodbine.
[color=red]Take Your Chances (L), (5yo, Gimme A Shot) 1/10 in the G1 Ballerina Stakes at Saratoga. Her first win in the three races since we leased her from SunStar Stables. Hopefully she has returned to the form of two years ago when she won her last three races of the year.
[color=red]GCh. Big Dawn, (4yo, Rumor Has It) 1/10 in the G3 Glen Falls Handicap at Saratoga. Her sixth consecutive win, all in Stakes races. She will have one more race, then return to the Farm for a rest before heading to Belmont for the Breeder’s Cup.
[color=blue]GCh. In The Navy, (5yo, Man O’War) 1/10 in the G2 Blarney Stakes in Australia. His fifth SW for this year, sixth overall. He needs one more SW to become the third Starfish Stables horse to be stud-qualified this year.

Third
[color=blue]Last For More, (2yo, Lasting Spirit) 3/6 in an NW3 at Calder.

Unplaced
[color=red]Exquisite, (4yo, Easy Goer) 6/6 in an NW2 at Arlington. Will try her over jumps next.
[color=red]DashingCoronaRose, (2yo, Worth my While) 10/14 in an Mdn at Woodbine.
[color=blue]Final Mystery, (2yo, Magic Glory) 11/14 in an Mdn at Woodbine.
[color=red]Tshotsholoza, (3yo, Moonopoly) 6/6 in an NW3 at Saratoga.
[color=red]Magic Topaz, (2yo, Magic Glory) 8/11 in an NW3 at Arlington.
[color=blue]Shiloh’s Hill, (3yo, Worth the Wait) 5/9 in an OA at Woodbine.
[color=red]Ch. Dark Topaz, (3yo, Dark Continent) 10/10 in the G3 Saranac Stakes at Saratoga.