7/29

Best day in a long time for us! Two thirds, a second and a first, plus a new pony to play with!

[color=red]Dark Justice, a 14.1hh black two year old filly was our claim for the day. She’s by Northern Dancer (S) and out of Monday Silence (B). She’s a June baby and will be headed home to chill with Dharma our other tiny two year old to grow a bit. She took a third which has been her best showing out of three races.

[color=red]Amie Aliza also took a 3rd in her allowance. She just does not seem to like the winner’s circle and has been dancing around it for a while.

[color=red]Joey’s Classic on the other hand, seemed to LOVE the winner’s circle and won her second race a) in a row, b) ever. She got the hang of the fences and the distance and we seem to have found a great combination for her.

[color=blue]Dylansdream took a 2nd in his allowance behind Delaware Bound who runs the same circuit as him. I thought I’d give him a nice allowance before a rest and maybe a leg in Australia. He’s quite a reliable little guy.

Grand total of eight out.

And the best I could do was a second in a NW1 from Success Is Clear and third in an allowance from Wedding March

contemplates a feed change…or…something

Five out, six back.

No wins, but oldie [color=green]Twiterpated is still rocking with a second in a 12f turf allowance, followed by [color=green]Temujin. How I love these reliable geldings,  ;D

[color=green]Now’s The Time took a third, too, on the dirt. Not bad. Not sure whether to tinker with his equipment, though.

[color=red]Lady Ironsides does not like shadow rolls. Got that. Trying wraps next.

[color=red]Fairy Wish…not sure what happened, actually. Might be an off day, I suppose.

Last but not least is [color=red]Miss My Scrabbles, a [color=blue]Secretariat daughter. I own her half-sister, [color=red]Romeo’s Girl. Family affairs are so exciting!

Well, being a massive newbie, this was my third start - the second for my starter mare, [color=red]Titanium Angel. She won her maiden on her first try on dirt a couple weeks ago, and I wanted to see how she’d take to the turf. She ran in Race #3, 8f NW1 Allowance for 3y/o+ F/M in a more experienced field (though she was the only starter with a win under her belt). She is now two wins for two starts, finishing first with an SF of 182. I plan on pursuing her career on the turf in the future :slight_smile: And giving her lots of carrots.

Congrats on your second win, Grace! :slight_smile:  Sounds like a good start.

Three out, one back.

[color=green]Addendum got switched to dirt, and we were reward with his first win of the season. 1st/6

[color=red]Fabulous Mike took the lead near the end of her race,but droped to 5th in the final furlong. 5th/9

[color=red]Honk And Wave ran third for most of the race,but like Mike,dropped in the final furlong. 5th/6

New claim [color=red]Tiz A Prospect came in 5/6, but she has shown promise on the turf.

Congrats on your second win Grace, there should be more to come.

One out…

[color=green]Joe Millionaire went out in a 11f Steeplechase at Arlington, finished a disappointing 13 of 14 runners.  Seems he got trapped well back but was improving at the end, so going to give him a break and then look for another shot at 11f–he’s already proven early on that was his optimal distance, so keep him in that general area…

Only two runners today, but I’m super happy with the results!

[color=red]Pretty In Blue was 4th/6 in 8f NW1 on the Turf.  Not a fantastic finish, but better than her previous two starts and hey, a paycheque is a paycheque, right?  Haven’t quite figured out this girl yet, but I will persevere. :wink:

The highlight of the day (and probably the month so far) was [color=red]Keep On Keepin’s win in her 12f NW3 over jumps!  I spent all of last year getting pretty much nowhere with her, aside from a few random on-the-board finishes in some long races… she was switched to steeplechase two starts ago and has already earned more money over fences than she did in her previous 14 starts on the flat combined!  She was one of my starter horses, so I really didn’t want to give up on her, and I’m really excited that it finally paid off!

And another congrats, Grace!  I hope you have continued success :smiley:  The first few wins were super exciting for me, too :slight_smile: