600+ FF horses for sale to new members?

I’m not sure if this is supposed to happen… tried to file it as a bug report and couldn’t get the page to work, but thought it was worth bringing up. There are over 600 horses for sale from FF for $1000 (to new members) - all 2008 geldings, it looks like.

I think Shanthi sets up a sale of older geldings every year to new players. Gives newer players a chance to get some potential money earners at a reasonable price :slight_smile:

I thought that may have been the case given that they were all older geldings, but just thought 600+ seemed like a really huge number even if that were true. Just wanted to double check they were supposed to be there :slight_smile:

The year-end script automatically sets all 7yo geldings for sale to newbies. :slight_smile:

Not all of them sell, obviously, but I leave them up for a few weeks. Gives people a chance to try out a cheap/possibly good horse, and gives the geldings a better job than sitting around waiting for the computer to enter them into races.

Ive picked up some really good geldings when I 1st started. They made me some extra money & gave me a chance to try new things in training, equipment changes and such.

All geldings have been relocated to Final Furlong stables. This should have been done by the script, but is done now. :slight_smile: