6/26 How'd you do?!

Been a little while since we reported.

2yo’s

[color=red]Only Black finished 2nd in her Open NW3 allowance.  

[color=red]Roan Me A Kiss stayed on the board for 3rd in her Fillies NW3 allowance.

[color=blue]I Knew I Wood bombed in his NW3 allowance.  We have an inkling that he’s going to mature a bit later so we’re going to take it easy for the rest of the year.

[color=red]Stylish Wish found her legs again and wired her NW3 Allowance for fillies.  She’s a big girl and I don’t blame her for having to get use to those legs! :wink:

[color=red]Wizardly Lady is still all over the place and just never found her stride in her Maiden.

[color=red]Nanana Nah Boo Boo finshed off the board for the first time but still managed a 5th place paycheck in the open Tremont Stakes.

Stakes winning, [color=red]Rahy’s Star, is acting 2 and finished 6th again.  We are going to bring her home for some rest and local races.

3yo’s and up

One of our claims this year, [color=red]Wise Lady, put in an effort for 3rd in her NW3 allowance.

[color=blue]Hollyworth wired his Allowance.  I think we may have got a good hand on his equipment and jockey so hopefully he’ll only get better from here. Lord knows he’s got the breeding. lol.

Another claim from this year, [color=blue]Bold Personality, finished 2nd in his maiden race.  This was only his second start as well so we think he’ll come into his own quite nicely.  

[color=red]Winning Secret DNF after leading the pack most of the way.  She got away from her jockey down the stretch and just faded.  Bad girl!

Claimer, [color=green]Fleet Risk and [color=blue]Highland Battle, finished 5th and 6th in their starter allowance.  Come on boys!

[color=blue]King Indy and[color=red] I’m A Golden Girl were both entered in the G1 Arlington Classic.  King Indy really found his stride and wired the race while Golden Girl finished in 5th.

[color=blue]Johnny Rio did well for 2nd in the Hanshin Stakes. He came out on bottom after a battle with Runs With Scissors in the stretch.

16(5)-3(1)-3(1)-2-0
50% on the board! Well take it! :slight_smile:

we had a good day too! only 3 runners but 2 wins!
Beachcomber was a disappointment in the 6f Stewarde Cup. He ran well last year but has not found his form this year and trailed in a poor ninth.
but it was more than made up for by a wire to wire win from one of our recent purchases in the 2yo auction Winter War.
Finally we were delighted to see Urban Posy wire her first G1 win in the Chevely Park Stakes. She was just pipped in her last G1 the Ascot Fillies Mile, after leading most of the way although at 8f it may have been a bit too far so we will be keeping her to shorter distances. She was another auction bargain in last years foal auction and we hope to see more good things from her in the coming months!

It was our kind of day here a Mayfair… two boys who we’d been having our doubts about totally turned it around!

[color=blue]Egyptian Evil was unraced until 3yo, and so far this year had never raced with an FF above 70. Today he pulled a rabbit out of a hat and finished his Maiden race way in the front with an FF of 115! Yaaaaaay!

[color=blue]Zero to Hero is a guy that we bought in January of this year who we had yet to get a handle on. Though he consistently finished with FF’s in the 80’s, that’s not fast enough to place in most of the 4yo Allowance races.  :frowning:  However, patience seems to have paid off, and after about six weeks off the track Hero won his turf Allowance with a very happy-sounding FF of 120.

On the flip side, our 2yo’s weren’t too shabby either! [color=red]Bye Sweetie came in second in her NW3, though she has yet to match her pair of FF 70s from earlier this year, and [color=green]A.P. Arrow somehow managed to come in third in his Maiden despite running a big 'ol goose egg. Oh, 2yo’s.  ::)

Another big day for SF

Ouch.  Just ouch.  11 out and I still only made about $5k.

On the plus side, Light of Ceres earned her first paycheck–a solid 3rd place in a maiden.

In other news, Unnamed has finally be retired.  Her last significant paycheck was in March.

Eleven runners and only five hit the board. Oh well. At least those races had decent purses.

Our one winner is the mostly consistent [color=blue]My Dear Watson who’s turning into another wonderful turf marathoner with few opportunities here in the US. I might give him a break and then send him Down Under. Today he won an 11.5f allowance.

[color=green]Easy Memories and [color=blue]Dial Who ran second in their respective races, a 9f turf allowance and a 6.5f dirt allowance. Solid efforts from reliable runners.

[color=red]Super Tuesday ran third in a 5.5f turf allowance for 2YOs. The distance may have been too short. She’s headed home for a short break before boarding a plane to Australia (and hopefully, glory!)

[color=red]Eudora ran fourth in a 6.5f turf allowance. Well that experiment’s over. Back to the dirt with you.

Of our other runners four are headed home for a very long vacation (and to save some money on entry fees). Hoping for a better showing from everyone next time out.