6/21

After some very disappointing and frustrating racing days, Oakwood Farms seems to be back on track. (It might have helped that I sent them all home to rest for a month :wink:)

Admiral’s Colors ran a respectable third in a 16f Turf Open Allowance for fillies and mares. Going to cut back to 10f next time out and see what she can do.

One Special Browny was coming off a nice win in a NW1 and once again ran very well to come in 2nd/13 in an open allowance against older horses.

Silent Miracle looks to be more of a turf horse. Went out today in a NW3 for 2yo’s on the grass and ran a nice 2nd/6.

Delaware Bound broke from the gate in first and never looked back winning a dirt NW2 for 2yo’s. 1st/8. Very proud of this win, he’s my first homebred.

After a dismal last couple of starts I sent Soviet Nights home for a month and she came back with a brilliant win in the GIII Sands Point Stakes.

[color=blue]The Fool took a 2nd place in his race which makes me very happy. I bought him mostly on a spur of a moment thing and he’s been resting his little 14.0 hooves at the farm for a good while. I’m surprised he ran so well, I was expecting him to have a few starts at a 2YO and then a heavier career as a 3YO. But this gives hope that he’s got a fighting spirit!

[color=red]Tiger Queen is slowly working her way up to broodmare status with a nice 3rd in her allowance. She’s definitely a sprinter but she handled the 8f quite well.

[color=blue]Sure N Black ran last in The Queen’s Plate but I sort of knew that. He was a last minute entry but it looks like he needs more recovery now then strenuous stakes races :slight_smile: However he had a great time for the race, 2:19. Considering Tiger Queen ran about a 2:30 in a race that was 2f shorter I’m going to applaud his effort.

[color=red]My Favorite is a recent purchase who is a maiden, but she’s out of a gold rated mare by a son of Highland Rogue so she’s really just a broodmare prospect who’s running out the year.  She ran 4th of 6 in her NW1.

[color=blue]Citizen Kane is another recent purchase with stellar bloodlines.  He ran splendidly in his NW1, wiring the field.  Good boy.

[color=green]Ima Broke Kitty came off a layoff to wire his open turf allowance!

[color=red]Misstress Tiger, a recent claim, toyed with the field before storming away to win her open allowance by 137 1/4 lengths :wink:  That brings her record to 7–4-1-1-1 lifetime.  She might be looking for a stakes soon.

[color=red]Irish Eyes was next in a NW2.  She was leading to the eighth pole and I thought we were going to be four in a row, but she DNFed and finished 4th.  Will shorten her up a bit next time out and hopefully that’ll get the job done.

[color=blue]Halo’s Affair went out next in a NW3.  He was 4th at every call and content to stay there.  At least it earns a paycheck.

Finally was [color=blue]GCh Player in the GI Newmarket Championship Stakes.  His last out I had messed him by running him too close to his last start and subsequently messed up his schedule.  This race was a bit too short for him, he needs 12 furlongs to suit his stretch running style, but he ran a nice 3rd.  He’s headed back home for a week or two and then will be headed back down to Australia to hopefully finish his studification :slight_smile:

So good day here!