4/28

Unprecedented day for us - two stakes horses out, two stakes wins! Plus all 9 entries brought home some sort of paycheck. :slight_smile:

Wins:
[color=red]Apprintice (Candidate) in the Ceasar’s Wish Stakes for her first stakes win. :slight_smile: We own her little sister and her dam, so yay.

[color=blue]Star Tide (A.P. Indy) in the Bristol Novices, also for his first stakes win. :slight_smile: Dare we dream for 6+ more?

Places:
[color=red]Bright Naiad (Irish River) in a NW3.

[color=red]Delightfully Black (The Black) in an open allowance.

Shows:
[color=red]Gotta Triumph (2yo, Gotta Go) in a NW2.

[color=blue]Sir Tristan (2yo, Gunningdownromance) in a NW3.

[color=red]Mount St. Helens in an open allowance.

Pretty bad day for us, but it was mostly full of 2yo’s. Sent out 10 and only 2 brought home checks, but Rocket Smoke did us proud!

[color=red]Temple Maid (Worth My While) ran 3rd/14 in a turf maiden.
[color=blue]Rocket Smoke ran 2nd/10 in the G2 Churchill Downs Handicap.

blah all my babies did crap today and they were ones that earned their first time out. sighs… out of 9 the older 5 made money 1-5th placings.  so at least it wasnt a complete disaster.

[color=red]Getting Wired -(Gone Haywire)5.5f NW1 Allow, 2yo F,Dirt - Good,[color=red]8th
[color=blue]Highland Ruler-(Highland Bandit)5.0f NW3 Allow,2yo,Dirt - Fast,[color=blue]14th
[color=blue]Leading Man -(im Your Angel)5.5f NW3 Allow,2yo,Dirt - Good,[color=blue]7th
[color=blue]Dagestan -(Alley Cat)6.0f NW3 Allow,2yo,Dirt - Wet,[color=blue]8th
[color=green]Franklin-7.5f Maiden for 3yo+,Turf - Slow-,[color=green]2nd this guy is turning out to be a pretty good boy, wondering now if i shouldnt have gelded him
[color=red]Cardinal Sin -8.0f NW3 Allow,3yo F,Turf - Good,[color=red]3rd happy with this girl and her stable mate coming in 3/4
[color=red] K

Good day again - I keep wondering how long the ponies will keep it up  :wink:

[color=red]Affenliebe was our lowest place finish, coming home a distant 4th in her NW3. However, she picked up a paycheck and only has one more race to qualify for brood so she can take up her date with Ring of Fire  :slight_smile:

First 2yo winner of the year! [color=red]Redheaded Princess ran nicely first time out, finishing 2nd. She put the experience to good use today, coming home first in a field of 10 in her NW2 :smiley:

[color=red]Crowd Teaser switched back to dirt after a prolonged spell running on turf. She seemed to enjoy it, stretching clear to win her OA. Hoping she’ll reach champion status this year.

[color=blue]Baringa ran a very good race to finish a close 2nd in the Dipper Novices. Hopefully he can get a stakes win on his CV at some point.

Drum Major is back and rolling in the CD Handicap - number 22! Only 233 more for FFCh :slight_smile: Go Go Dancer got a 2nd in the Melair on turf… everyone else was pretty blah.

Had a fantastic day over here.

Sword of Honor clinched his second win of the year in a dirt NW2 for older horses, 1st/7. He’s earned his sales price back and then some from earlier this year, I love turning horse’s like this around.

After a bit of a break at the farm we gave Firsthand Account a confidence booster in a turf NW3 for fillies which she won by 2 lengths, 1st/11.

Silly Magic made his second start for us today after claiming him for $5,000 in March. He broke his maiden in good fashion, winning by 4 lengths in a turf NW1. 1st/14.

Two of our A.P. Indy 2yo’s did great today in their second career starts!

Head of State held of a late challenge to break his maiden by a half length on the turf. 1st/14.

Lucky Devil impressed by breaking his maiden by 2 1/4 lengths in a dirt NW2 which included a few that were already multiple winners this year. Really excited for this guy, I’ve been waiting a LONG time to race an Ain’t I Pretty baby, she was the first horse I purchased and was my second horse in the game after my starter horse Romancer. She was a nice horse for us, winning 4 times and earning over $200,000. We were very excited for her first foal but sadly she did not give birth to a live foal until the aptly named Lucky Devil who was her third try in becoming a mom. Would be really sweet for this guy to have some talent!

Now hopefully these guys aren’t one of the ‘special’ 2yo’s that randomly win a race and then fall off the face of the planet. shakes fist

After the sad news that one broodmare has died, I had also two very nice surprises - only two horses were entered for this day, both in stakes races, and they had wonderful performances.

[color=blue]Ch. Smokin’ Star won Gr. 1 Eclipse Stakes! This is his second graded win. ;D
[color=red]Crownette finished 2nd/8 in Ungr. Ceasar’s Wish Stakes.

Congrats!

Ooooh, the illustrious G1 win for a colt!  Congrats!  :slight_smile:

I have nothing to report on mine, as neither of my ponies brought back so much as a penny.

Thank goodness our color war ponies fared better!