3/20

Slightly better results today  :slight_smile:

[color=red]Dr Tariat (3yo Harvard Bound) switched to dirt and won her starter allowance, breaking her maiden.

[color=red]Timeless Classic (6yo I’m A Classic) finished 3rd her NW2. She’s lightly raced and aiming to get three more races into her so she can retire to brood. in

Sent out 5 and 4 hit the board, so good overall!

[color=red]Magickal Rites (Irish River) won her OA in a field of 9. She’s now won 3 of 5 starts this year.

[color=red]Mountain Laurel (Moonover Boy) was 2nd/6 in her NW2.

[color=green]Armageddon (Stagehand) was 3rd/6 in his NW3.
[color=green]Macau (Diplomat) ran 3rd/7 in his claimer and stays home.

The only also-ran was [color=blue]Candied Roses (7th/7, NW3). I gave him a go at long distance and apparently this was a no no.

Blah day, 11 runners sent out, no winners, although 7 hit the board.

3 Seconds
[color=blue]Ch. Liberty Creek, (5yo, Omaha x Skip the Secrets) 2/6 in an OA in Australia.
[color=blue]Contristo (Leased), (4yo, Stressed x Las Vegas Jitters) 2/6 in an OA in Australia.
[color=blue]Ch. Pointed Question, (4yo, What’s Your Point x Take the Challenge) 2/10 in the G2 Moonee Valley Gold Cup in Australia. His form seemed to have tailed off a bit towards the end of last year and the early part of this year. Hopefully this is an indication that he is coming back into form.

2 Thirds
[color=blue]Ch. Take Flight, (5yo, Major’s Flight x Foxfire) 3/10 in the G2 Moonee Valley Gold Cup in Australia. After sub-par performances in his last two races, hopefully a sign that he will be soon back to form.
[color=blue]Ch. Crystal Double, (5yo, Crystal Rainbow x Clear As Crystal) 3/10 in the G2 Crystal Mile in Australia.

2 Fourths
[color=blue]Star of Wonder, (3yo, Harvard Bound x Wonder’s Miracle) 4/14 in the G3 Cicada Stakes at Aqueduct. Headed home for a rest.
[color=blue]G.Ch. Lucky Sunset, (6yo, Red Sunset x Lucky Lucky Lady) 4/10 in the G2 A.J. Moir Stakes in Australia. He will have a short rest before trying to get the last SW needed to become stud-qualified.

Also Ran
[color=blue]Secano, (3yo, Sneak Peek x In Due Time) 7/8 in an Clm at Aqueduct. He is For Sale for 15k.
[color=red]Knight’s Match, (3yo, Chivalry x Match Me Up) 8/14 in the G3 Cicada Stakes at Aqueduct. She will have one more race before heading to Ireland for a rest then their 1,000 Guineas.
[color=blue]Ch. Prestige, (5yo, Cross Roads x Magician’s Mystery) 8/12 in the Ung Marsua’s River Stakes at Gulfstream. An MSW, including 1 G1W, he is For Sale for 50k.
[color=blue]Ch. Rebel Brother, (5yo, Backseat Driver x Movie Mistress) 7/9 in the Ung Hurricane Bertie Handicap at Gulfstream. On his way to England for their top SC races.

Shanthi - I was glad to see that one of my two favorite non-Starfish horses, [color=blue]GCh. Usain Bolt, won again. Congratulations. Only 2 more SW’s until he is stud-qualified, although one needs to be a G1W. When he does get qualified, as I’m sure he will, I will definitely want to send a couple of my mares to him. (Of course, if you ever decided to sell him, please can I have first refusal - LOL)

Quite a good day, especially since we threw most of our entries in at the last minute. 13 out, everyone brought home a paycheck.

WINS:
[color=red]Sable Princess (4yo, King David) in a NW3.

[color=blue]Usain Bolt (4yo, Strider) in the Marsua’s River Stakes. He now needs 2 stakes wins (including a Grade 1) to studify. We’ll see…

PLACES:
[color=blue]Mobile Emitter (3yo, A.P. Indy) in an OA.

[color=red]Integral (3yo, Magic Glory) in a NW1.

[color=blue]Freddie Mercury (3yo, King David) in a NW2.

[color=blue]Lord Nelson (5yo, Cigar) in the Hurricane Bertie Handicap.

[color=red]Arizona Dream (5yo, High Chances) in the San Luis Ray Handicap.

SHOWS:
[color=red]Gift of Gold (3yo, Giant’s Causeway) in an OA.

[color=red]Bright Princess (3yo, High Chances) in a NW2.

[color=red]Fairy Cat (5yo, High Chances) in the San Luis Ray Handicap.

Wow! My best day yet! Only sent 4 out, but had 3 wins and a show

[color=red]All Revved Up (3yo, All Jazzed Up) won her open allowance. Second win in a row! May be time to look into stakes races? To think I put her in a claimer just 3 races ago, guess I scared her into running faster

[color=blue]Blues Brother (3yo, Created) won his $10,000 claimer and stayed at the farm with us. He liked the equipment change

[color=blue]Turnpike Wannabe (3yo, Candidate) was the highlight of the day winning the Cicada Stakes! He was coming off a long rest, it was his first start as a 3yo and I couldn’t be happier! He is now a champion

[color=red]Blowing Kisses (3yo, Whats Your Point) ran 3rd in an open allowance behind All Revved Up. She is consistently on the board

A good day, even though only two horses hit the board.

Starting with the also-rans, [color=blue]Raising Witnesses ran 6th in a 10f SC OA for 4YO+. Nice SF, but far from a victory. My guess is that he needs to shorten up since his only victory was at 8.5f.

[color=red]A.P. Impala and [color=red]A Dreamy Sonata finished 5th in their respective races, a 9f dirt NW2 for 3YOs and the 9.5f ungraded Flag Down Stakes on the green. A bit frustrated with both of them, but Sonata especially; Impala’s shortening up and Sonata’s going back to OAs.

On the bright side, [color=red]Beautiful Is Gone won an 8.5f turf NW2 for 4YO+ F. Wish her SF was a little higher.

And to end on a positive note, [color=blue]The Time Lord showed in the 8f G2 San Felipe Stakes on dirt for 3YOs, becoming my first stakes-placed homebred and raising his dam’s breed ranking to silver. I’m a bit mixed on where to go from here with him, though.

Not too shabby today :slight_smile: sent out 7, had 2 wins, 1 place, and 1 show.

Wins:

[color=blue]Great Britain won his NW2. First start in a SC, and he won by a nice 9 1/2 lengths… I think the change was good! I bought him as a claimer in a 5k, and he hadn’t come above last once in a flat race, but I think he likes SC.

[color=green]Samhain won his $30,000 claiming and stayed home. He’s a reliable old guy (9 years old!) and has been doing really well lately.

Places:

[color=blue]Atavachron was 2nd in his NW3 SC. I bought him for 3k intending to turn him into a steeplechaser, as he was pretty useless on the flat. It seems that this was a good decision!

Shows:

[color=red]Sahha ran 3rd in her NW1. I bought her for 1k, once again intending to turn her into a steeplechaser (she was unplaced on the flat). She’s been decent, and I’m hoping she’ll make a good broodmare.

Also ran:

[color=blue]Epic Montage was 5th in an NW3 steeplechase. He hasn’t run in a long time, but this was a bit disappointing.

[color=blue]Refraction was also 5th, in a SC claimer. He doesn’t seem to like running, even though I’d hoped he would pick up at SC.

[color=green]Shamrock was 6th in a starter allowance. Can’t say I’m surprised; I think he needs a bit of a break, and might be done racing altogether.

Had a good day. Two new titles today, too!

Wins

Toast of the Town (TakeMetoHollywood, 5yo M) continues to show she’s a tough old girl. She won her 12th lifetime stakes and earned her WCh. title. I’m not sure if I can get her to FFCh. status, but I’d love to try.

Bandit’s Love (Highland Bandity, 4yo M) won her 7th lifetime stakes win and earned her NCh. title.

Places
Jester’s Crown (Foolhardy, 3yo f) went out against the boys in a Gr. 3 stakes
Buckets of Rain (Irish River, 3yo f) was 2nd in her OA.
Pie in the Sky (All Jazzed Up, 3yo c) was 2nd in his OA.

The rest was off the board, so…I guess only an OK week, but I’m really happy with the two mares who leveled up.

Two out who switched to fences today.

[color=red]White Picket Fence ran in 8.5f NW1 Allowance for 3yo+ F/M (SC) and placed 2nd/6. This is her first placing on the board!

[color=red]Nautilus ran in 9.0f Claiming ($25,000) for 3yo (SC) and placed 8th/8. This really scares me, because she’s still unplaced. Her jump trials all came back positive, but there was still no effort put into this race. This girl might end up retired without a single placing or a chance of becoming a broodmare if equipment changes don’t help either.

You may want to give Nautilus some time to mature before you retire her - it takes them awhile occasionally :slight_smile:

I totally agree. Her starting fractions are in the 50’s, to me that means immature or over the hill and she’s hasn’t peaked yet. I only get worried if their starting fractions are in the low 30’s and they still can’t win

Yay! Go FFCh. Toast! (Positive thinking here.)

I only sent two out as the majority are still on their “spring break” vacation, but it was a good day.

My golden boy, [color=blue]GCh. Ducati (x Magic Cross) won the G2 San Felipe Stakes, which officially put him into millionaire status.  He is only two stakes wins away from securing his future studhood, so please keep your fingers crossed!  He still has yet to ever finish out of the top three no matter what races I’ve thrown his way (including big ones, like the BC Juvenile and Champagne Stakes), so I’m still holding my plan to enter him into the TC races as my first ever Derby entry.  I’ll be such a nervous wreck!  I’m not sure what his next step will be - possibly heading to the Wood Memorial and a quick stay at the farm to prep…

Unfortunately, our boy [color=blue]Laudri (x Point Given) was simply outclassed in his first stakes attempt, finishing 6th in the G3 Cicada Stakes.  Darn it!  I was hoping he would reenact his last performance, where he earned a speed record.

Can’t wait for the rest of the team to join us.  Hopefully their rest will do them some good.

[color=red]Crosspoint (4yo, Point Given), a recent addition to our barn coming from Candi Cane Racing, came in 1st in an NW1 race.  It was her first race since age 2, so I didn’t know quite what to expect, but it seems she’s still got some racing left in her!

[color=red]Bint Shadayd (5yo, Created), another purchase from Candi Cane, came in 3rd in her 11.5f NW3 steeplechase.  She previously hadn’t been raced over 10f, so I’ll try shortening her up for her next race.

Finally, [color=green]Dust Collector (4yo, Created) came in 3rd in the Flag Down Stakes (Ungr.).  He was my first stakes race entry, and I’m pleased with his performance, but I’ll probably go back to entering him in open allowances for his next couple races - he’s been the primary racer funding my stable expansion!