3/2

I had my young boy out today.

[color=blue]Take Notes has been too immature to prove anything on the track yet, but I was pleased with his performance today. He placed third out of six in 11.5f NW1 Allowance. I gave him both blinkers and a shadow roll, since he seems to spook when the grass moves. Looks like that’s what he needs.  :slight_smile:

Much better today.

Soupy broke her maiden today in an NW1 against the boys.  Very happy.

It’s A Girl was 3/6.  So average, but we’ll take it.

Fleeting Lady was 2nd and Madly Yours was 7th in the same OA.

Maya and Arizona Dream went 1-2 in their NW2.

Tickled Pink came in 5th in her ungraded stakes.  Disappointing, but her dam had a short career too.

Toast of the Town became FFCh. Takemetohollywood’s first stakes winner.  Toast is 1/2 to NCh. Demand the Best, so I think we have a keeper in GCh. Go For Glory.  YAY!

So, of 8 out, only two were off the board.  Very pleased.

REALLY good day today! I hope this is because last week sucked and our stable got hit hard with injuries over the weekend.

[color=red]Dark Twilight was a very game 4th/10 in her NW1 Allowance, finishing behind the leader by maybe 1-1/2 length (all noses). Hopefully next time out will be the win!
[color=red]Sheza Swan ran 2nd/6th in her NW2 Allowance, beaten just a nose.
[color=red]Miss Townsend ran 2nd/6th in her NW3 Allowance. We’re really happy here, since she was beaten 3-3/4 lengths but it was another 9 back to 3rd.
[color=green]Malevolence ran 5th/9 in his Allowance. We’ll shorten him up again.
[color=green]Space Rainbow went unclaimed and ran 3rd/6 in his 25k Claimer race.
[color=red]Lady Amelie was 5th/9 in her Allowance. We’re not entirely sure what to do with her, so we might try equipment experiments.
The highlight of today was [color=blue]Rocket Smoke breaking his maiden! Sure it was just a 10k Maiden, but he beat 5 others by 5-3/4 lengths and we had claimed him for just 5k earlier this year.

Sent three out, and all came back in the top three, so I’m a happy camper. :slight_smile:

[color=red]Teenage Temper moved to turf for a 7.5f maiden. She ran 3rd/6, a big improvement on her dirt starts, and looks like she could use a little more distance.

My claimed colt [color=blue]Uncle Pennybags came home 1st/7 in his 7.5f dirt NW2. For an impulse claim, he’s shaping up to be quite a good runner, knock on wood.

[color=green]Silver Cross came home 2nd/10 in the Grade 3 Shillaci Stakes. Too short for him, I think. No complaints from me, though.

Ran [color=red]Clannish and [color=red]Juxtaposed in the same NW3 on turf, finished 1-2. Clever girls  :smiley: Really nice to see Clannish get the win and Juxtaposed showing her last two runs weren’t a fluke.

Not a bad day for us, except in the stakes races (of course).

[color=blue]Golden Crown was 2nd in his NW1.

[color=red]Calanais won her NW2. :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Dreadpirateroberts was 2nd in his NW3.

[color=blue]Leverage was also 2nd in his NW3.

[color=red]Evensong was 2nd in her allowance.

[color=red]Bright Belles won the Busher Stakes. :slight_smile:

[color=red]Lady Fae was 5th in the Rampart Handicap.

[color=blue]Silver Stag was 12th in the Toorak Handicap - not sure what happened there.

Sire Report
Highland Bandit’s son Silver Bandit won his NW2.

Highland Laird’s daughter Clannish won her NW3. Son Just A Lil’ Star also won a NW3.

Highland Wizard’s daughter Ethereal Light won her NW3. Daughter Succubus was 3rd in the Busher Stakes, and daughter Highland Priestess was 2nd in the Rampart Handicap.

Slew O’Scot’s son Rocket Smoke won his maiden.

TakeMeToHollywood got his first stakes winner with daughter Toast of the Town’s win in the Rampart Handicap. :slight_smile:

Another not so hot day for us.

Cruella Deville ran pretty well in an open steeplechase allowance for fillies and mares. Finished 3rd/6.

Glasgow is now 4-0-4-0-0 for the year. Placeitis yes? 2nd/6 in a turf maiden for three year olds.

Island Empire ran an okay 4th/7 in a Dirt NW2.

Outlander was 5th/6 in a dirt claimer.

Seeking Sadler didn’t fare so well against older females, 12th/12 in the Rampart Handicap.

Voyeur was a dismal 6th/6 in a Dirt NW1.