3/16

Rather pleased with the big group I sent out yesterday.

[color=red]Teenage Temper came one step closer to breaking her maiden with a 2nd in a mixed field of 6 in her 6.0f turf NW1.

[color=red]Song Of Tears said no thank you to the wet ground and came home 6th/7 in a 10.0f NW3 steeplechase. She’s liked this distance before, so we’re blaming the wet-ness.

Back on his game, [color=green]Grim Augury took 2nd in a very scary field of 12 in a 5.5f turf allowance. We get it, he likes sprints!

[color=blue]Uncle Pennybags won his 7.5f dirt starter allowance. He’s shaping up to be a very nice colt and quite the little dirt beast. He’ll be facing some tougher company in the near future.

Our last start was from [color=red]Hello Goodbye. She finished in the middle of the pack, 7th/14 in mixed company in the 9.5f dirt San Pedro Stakes. She ran against some tough horses and put up a good race, so I’m happy enough with the finish.

Claimed [color=green]Solid Move for $10,000. He won his race so I guess that even at 4 he’s a good bet

Blah day for us.

[color=red]Capture The Glory and [color=red]Singyourhearout were 3rd/4th in their NW3.

[color=blue]Cannes and [color=blue]Leverage were 8th/10th in their allowance.

[color=red]Jubilation was 9th in her NW1.

[color=red]Calanais was 3rd in her allowance.

[color=blue]Reafan was 5th in the Swale Stakes.

[color=red]Lady Fae won the Irish O’Brien Stakes. [color=red]Swan Song finished 5th.

[color=red]Leap of Faith was 5th in the San Pedro Stakes.

Sire Report
Congrats to Highland Bandit daughter All Yours Baby for her NW3 win.

Congrats to Highland Laird son Just A Lil’ Star for his allowance win.

Congrats to Highland Wizard son Texas Chili on his 3rd in the Geelong Cup.

PS Just noticed that my claimed horse gained a Speed Record for 9.9F in his claiming race.
Good boy

Didn’t send anyone out this time, but couldn’t resist putting a claim ticket in on a well-bred Devil May Care daughter (who knows how many opportunities I’ll have to acquire one of those?).  [color=red]DEVIL’S DREAM joined our string today, and although she finished 5th/6 today in her races, we are ok with this because she is already a multi-winner who holds a speed record, and we want her to end up in the breeding shed anyway.  I’m still excited to work with her on the track first, though, and see if we can get her motivated again.  Her dam is a silver-ranked champion titled brood.  This makes her 1/2 to MSW Volkl and SW Tempestad.  And did I mention her sire is Devil May Care??  :slight_smile:

Blegh day today.

Arnhem Land ran pretty well in a NW2 on the turf, finishing 3rd/14.

Don’t Put Me Back sometimes looks like she’s starting to figure it out and sometimes not. Today was one of those days she didn’t have it figured out, 7th/12.

Heart Thunder seems to suffer from the same affliction as Don’t Put Me Back and today wasn’t a good day for her either. 6th/14.

Mi Casa ran an okay 5th/14 in a dirt maiden for 3yo’s.

River Rapids didn’t fare so well in a steeplechase allowance, 4th of 5.

First out after breaking his maiden didn’t go so well for Sonorous, 5th/6.

The Majestic ran okay in a turf allowance, 6th/12. Timaeus didn’t do so well in the same race, last of 12.

Watagan Wildcat ran an okay 5th/12 in a turf NW1.