2yo Sass

Anyone else going through their 2yos and realizing they bred a lot of SC horses? Cause I am :sweat_smile: The struggle is to remember not to give up on them when they bomb this year. I’m also realizing that when workouts aren’t saving it’s like racing in the wild days before we had them. Good luck all!

Sometimes I just don’t even race the 2yo SC prospects. I have raced a few if they do well, but some if they run 1-2 times and don’t do well I just send them home until they turn 3.

Its also just less to worry about when you have 50+ 2yos lol

1 Like

I have a few SC-breds who are turning out great workout comments…but I’m sure it’s all a lie once they actually run. :laughing:

1 Like

Same here! Workouts are tricking me into thinking my colt from a SC SW mare is going to run well on the flat :sweat_smile:… His older brother bombed his jump trials, so maybe the mare was just a fluke.

My two-year-olds have been… persnickety so far, to say the least. And I have a bunch at home who are all under 15 hands and still have some growing to do.

2 Likes

When I owned Joyeux Oiseau, he was pure long turf but at stud he mostly threw chasers which was a little maddening. So far I have a 75% win rate with my 2yo’s…but more debut tomorrow and I’m sure it’s all a fake start. They’ll be chasing butterflies and shiny things in no time.

I have THREE 2yo’s at 17hh then a handful still under 15hh despite being early-year babies. I’m starting to wonder if certain children were eating more than their fair share growing up.

3 Likes

I’m glad some of y’all’s 2yos are doing well. Mine just took one look at the track, yawned, and went back to bed.

I think most of my 2yos just took a leisurely stroll round admiring the view :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Went 15-0-0-0-3 today. Shoutout to those three 2-year-olds who decided to go for a little run and snag 4th. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I finally had some babies show up and do something! YAY! They’re not all duds at least. As I often wait to see what 2yos do before I decide what to do with mares I’m on the fence about, I got to make some decisions! yay! Hope everyone else is doing well with their tiny monsters!

I went back just to see how we’ve been doing and knock on wood, this is so far my best 2yo crop EVER (so they’ll probably be duds starting next year). Maybe it’s the crop, maybe it’s the new workout schedule I’m trying this year when it comes to the babies. So far we’ve sent out 18 2yo’s for a 8-6-2-0 return (16/18 in top 3!).

Can’t wait to be overly confident and start entering them in stakes. :fire:

4 Likes

I already entered a couple in stakes because if we lose we might as well lose big. Right?

3 Likes

Interesting post, just had a look and so far we are
11-3-6-0 so pretty good so far…

2 Likes