2025 Annual 2YO Auction

Creating an official thread. Out of curiosity, Shanthi, has the script already finished running for the babies up for auction? It’s been a while since my last 2YO auction, but to me the list looked a little short? Will more horses be added?

I remember we used to be able to suggest FF horses for auctions sometimes? I would really like these to be added: Zany Branch, Unusual Copy, Unequaled Fox, Neat Ground, Different Frog, Better Fog. :heart:

1 Like

Good choices :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can we move inactive account horses to the auctions this year? :smiley:

2 Likes

Ohhh yess I have some suggestions haha

Common Side, Slippery Kitten, Rampant Beam, Daring Purpose, Joyous Interest

@Shanthi looks like the script might need a nudge to consign more horses for tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Is there any chance the max number of horses will go up for the last part of the auction? There doesn’t seem to be a lot of selling happening anymore.

1 Like

I’ve increased the limit to 10 per stable. (Meant to do that on Saturday, but better late than never.)

3 Likes

That’s great, thanks Shanthi!

With the sudden loss of Paint Me Proud, and the majority of his foals still owned by Renegade, any chance we can see some of the inactive stable horses moved to this year’s FF auctions? I own a few stallions and mares whose foals have been frozen in the inactive stables for years. At least if they were FF owned, those foals might manage to place or win and help their parent’s breeding ranking.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the plan - I want to do it manually though, to avoid flooding any given auction with horses from the same barn.

3 Likes

I had an idea the other day, which might be easy or not - I don’t know what the back-end requirements would look like.

The random homeless horses (not the stallions or the gold rated mares, fancy, etc.) could just be lottery system dispersed. Everyone could put in that they would take X number of horses, select the types they would take (W, Y, RH, BM), and they could just be randomly allocated.

Or we could just have an a monthly clearing house auction for whatever stable or age or something until all the horses that stables want to claim are claimed with the leftovers being sent to FF or retired appropriately.

Also we could consider having the code revert anything bred by an active stable to that stable when the owning stable becomes inactive. That might solve a small amount of the stagnation.

Mostly I just want you to not have to do a ton of extra work because you’ve been swamped with server fits.

2 Likes

I would love some major clearing house auctions (I joked with Willa about having a single insane auction of all the inactive stable horses in one shot, then the leftovers going to FF, but that might be insane since that’d be 1000+ in one auction). A super random allocation lottery would be fun, too. Sort of Color War award-esque.

I’m against sending horses bred by an active stable being sent back to that stable when the owner becomes inactive because 1) I might not want the horse back, it might have taken me awhile to get rid of the horse to begin with, and 2) I already occasionally forget I bought a horse without having more spontaneously appear in my account. :laughing:

I think just a code that automatically transfers inactive stable horses to FF would work. Maybe a stable must sit inactive for 30 days before horses go to FF and the account deleted (thinking of accounts that are sometimes marked as inactive after x months of nothing, THEN the account owner returns, so the 30 days could be the final warning period). So no login after 8-12 months = triggers an “inactive” code, sits inactive for 30 days, at 30 days another code is triggers that sends horses to FF and the account auto-deletes.

1 Like

I think it used to be a 6 week trigger? Or was it 6 months? 30 days isn’t enough in my view - There are so many things in life that make people take 30 days away - a baby, school, a death, an accident, life in general, vacation, moving.

It’s 6 months, and horses are meant to revert to FF, but clearly something went awry the last time major stables got marked as deleted.

3 Likes