2024 Broodmare Leasing

In the interest of having fewer foals to manage in 2025 (and mixing things up a little), I’m considering leasing those broodmares from which I’ve bred at least 5 in-house foals (with at least 1 filly in that number). This group includes a few (what I consider) blue hens, platinum-ranked ladies, and reine-de-course dams. I haven’t come up with specific prices, though offers are certainly welcome (as are trade leases in kind, even if that doesn’t really solve the fewer foals problem :sweat_smile:). Leases would be for a year from whenever they foal in 2024. With that said, the mares that are on offer:

ICh. Date With Destiny
15.0h Brown Create Mare (due Jan 31) - Platinum

• Reine-de-Course (I/S)
  • 2x winner of the BC SC Distaff Endurance
  • Set 12 speed records, won SC mare of the year in 2014 & 2015, 11 stakes wins
  • 4 winners from 4 foals to race, including MSW GCh. Inevitable and SW Ch. Artistry
  • If GCh. Spamalot wins one final stakes race this year, this mare won’t be available in 2024.

Canyoutopthis
15.0h Light Chestnut Create (due April 24) - Platinum

• MW/MP on the track
  • 6 winners from 7 to race, including 3 MSW: NCh. Unprecedented (Eclipse 2yo filly 2017), GCh. Time Marches On, Ch. Legendary, and SW Ch. Rivalry, Ch. Can You Imagine, as well as SP Ch. Dare To Try.

In Thy Name
16.0h Bay Create (due April 9) - Platinum

• MSP as a racehorse
  • 6 winners from 7 to race, including 5 MSW: NCh. Holy Warrior (stallion, Eclipse 2yo colt 2017), GCh. When You Were Mine, Ch. In Your Honor, Ch. Rosary, Ch. Reverent

Valhalla
16.3h Dark Bay Create (due March 31) - Gold

• MW/MP
  • 5 winners from 5 to race; MSW Ch. Jotunheim, SP Volstagg, MW Ch. Folkvangr

Margaritaville
16.1h Bay - NCh. Seattle Sorcerer x Ch. All Too Cross (Cross Roads) - Gold (due 1/31)

• Stakes Placed, lines to Seattle Slew, Highland Rogue
  • 4 winners from 4 to race, including MSW/MSP GCh. Tin Cup Chalice and SP Ch. Come Monday

Afterlife
15.0h Dark Bay Create (due 2/3) - Gold

• Reine-de-Course (I/C)
  • 8 winners, 8 racers, including MSWs NCh. Pay The Boatman (stallion), GCh. Nighthawk, and Ch. Last Letter Home. SWs Ch. Eridanos, Ch. End of Watch.

Naval Romance
17.1h Black, Romeo x Naval Justice (War Admiral) - Gold (due 3/3)

• Reine-de-Course (B/I)
  • 5 winners from 6 to race; MSW GCh. Seafaring, MSW Ch. Widow Walk, SW Ch. Annapolis

Bonnie Kaikamahine
15.2h Grey, Crimson Lad x Kimolass - Gold (due 5/7)

• Reine-de-Course (I/C)
  • 4 winners, 5 racers. MSW Ch. Outspoken, SP Most of All.

Staroftheshow II
15.1h Bay Create - Silver (due 3/1)

• 7 winners, 7 racers. MSW Ch. Galway Girl, MSW Ch. Tempus Fugit (Eclipse 2021 2yo colt), SP My Lukcy Stars and Ch. Top Billing.

Leash
16.1h Grey Create - Silver (due 3/8)

• Reine-de-Course (B/I)
  • Foals include MSW Ch. Taste of Freedom, SW Ch. Ustinya, SP Balada.

I may add to the list, but there’s a kitten trying to surf the internet for me, so that’s all for now!

I love the idea of trading leases on two high quality broodmares. I have several mares who I have several foals (especially fillies) from but don’t want to miss a chance to breed foals from gold/platinum mares. A lease trade might be the perfect solution if any of the following mares look appealing to you!

ICh. Twilight Embers - GOLD (9.8) - she was 2008 3YO Filly of the Year, 2008 Classic Horse of the Year, 2008 Horse of the Year, set 8 speed records, and has produced my stallion, Fight The Twilight, among her stakes winners

Ch. Keria Toon - GOLD (7.7) - produced MSW GCh. Singsong, MSW Ch. Pistolwhip, SW Ch. Iconic, SW Maria Von Trapp

Sovereign Song - GOLD (8.7) - produced MSW Ch. Sovereign Glory, MSW Ch. Brianza, MSW Ch. Calla Lily, SW Ch. Shoot The Singer

Highland Treasure - PLATINUM (14.3) - has produced MSW GCh. Such A Fool, MSW GCh. El Dorado, MSW Ch. Worth A Treasure

Ch. Kiasport - PLATINUM (11.2) - has produced MSW GCh. Fool’s Errand, MSW Ch. Sportsmanship

Etta James - GOLD (7.5) - has produced 7/7 fillies so far, including MSW Ch. Matriarch and 3 SP girls

I’d be interested in trading similarly ranked mares for next season - of the ones you posted, Canyoutopthis, In Thy Name, and Afterlife are the most appealing. I may also have some high silver-rated mares to consider if interested - I only looked through gold/platinum.

I would be interested in Valhalla. Could negotiate price or trade leases. I have three I could potentially trade.

All Those Glasses - Gold (6.6)
Foaled 4/9/09 - Created
16.1h, Light Chestnut
She placed 3rd in the G2 Saratoga Breeders’ Cup in 2014 and set three speed records, all at or above 12f on dirt. Dam of SW Gilded Glass (Gilded Saint), SW/SP Ch. Wild Aspen (Nobly Regal), SW/MSP Ch. Kyoko (Belanso), and MSP Glass Belle (Belanso). Not currently in foal, so you’d have your choice of breeding dates.

Ch. Fantastic Debate - Gold (6.2)
Foaled 4/1/09 - WCh. What’s Debatable (G) x Fantasyland (S) - Created
17.1h, Black
Winner of the G3 Rose of Kingston Stakes (2014) and placed 2nd in the Ballston Spa Breeders’ Cup (2013) and the Tramway Handicap (2014). Has so far produced 6 (100%) winners, including MSW/MSP Ch. Moved By Words (A.P. Indy) and MSW/MSP Ch. Dissenting Opinion (ICh. Gunningdownromance). She’s due to foal May 4.

Rose Gloss - Gold (7.5), Reine-de-Course
Foaled 6/10/09 - Created
17.3h, Bay
MW/MP, and one speed record to her name on distance dirt. Has 4 of 6 who are winners. Of the two who aren’t, one is FF-owned and the other is a 2YO. Notable foals are MSW/MSP GCh. Got Gloss (As You Wish) and SP Glossy Gold (Irish Gold). She is not currently in foal.

I’d be happy to trade - lovely ladies! My top picks would be Twilight Embers and Kiasport. If that works for you, just let me know which two you prefer.

I don’t have anything that shiny to offer for lease next year, but I would be very interested in leasing Afterlife and/or In Thy Name.

I am more than happy to trade a lease of Twilight Embers and Kiasport for two of the following ladies. My preference is in this order (I saw you had some other deals to consider as well, so I want to be fair and flexible):

1. Afterlife
  2. In Thy Name
  3. Canyoutopthis

I don’t have too many to choose from to offer up, but since I do have a filly out this one, I’m willing to offer her up for trade:

One Lane: (Gold, 6.0)
Didn’t really have a great record on the track, but made up for it as a broodmare!
Dam of MSW Ch. Spurs of the Lane, and SP Twenty One Lanes

I’d also love to lease any, especially Date with Destiny! but also willing to wait around because I’m now sure what the price points will be.

I’d love to lease Canyoutopthis I would be willing to trade Devilady (Gold) dam of ICh. Devil’s Walk?

Hey there! I am so sorry about taking so long to get back to you, though I know the site has been inaccessible quite a bit. Unfortunately, Canyoutopthis is scheduled in trade for breedings to a couple of Ivy Creek’s mares. Is there another lady in my barn you might be interested in? The unavailable ladies are: Bay of Biscay, In Thy Name, Afterlife, Canyoutopthis, Valhalla, and Date With Destiny. I have no plans for anyone else yet.

I would be interested in leasing Date With Destiny if she is still available.