2024 2yo Auction - How'd You Do?

Not that I needed more two year olds.

Ardent Idea, gr. colt (Formal Occasion x Rumpshaker)
Half to 2 winners from 3 runners, most FF-campaigned or inactive for a few years, but all seemed to do really well when under actual management. Hoping for the same with this guy. Second most expensive at $10,500.

Eminent Game, dkb. filly (Blame x Driven - Worth My While)
I own a Blame 3yo who has been doing fairly well so wanted to grab a daughter. Dam didn’t do much on the track but retired sound after 6 years of racing and over 50 starts. Half to 2 winners from 4 runners, and again most seemed to do well when actually managed. Dam is half to 2 gold mares. Worth a gamble for $1,000.

Smooth Wall, gr. colt (Straticus x It’s An Honour - Highland Pride)
Picked up purely because he’s by Straticus, but also half to 2 winners from 3 runners. Dam is half to platinum-ranked Ancient Honour (dam of NCh. Ancient Magic and 3 other MSW’s). Probably won’t do much at 2. Bought for $1,000.

Solid Rest, blk. colt (Silver Wizard x I’m A Golden Girl)
Half to 3 SW’s and 80% winners; dam was MSW and a millionaire. From the same damline as FFCh. I’m No Fool, NCh. Irish Lights, GCh. One Lucky Soul, GCh. Beau Esprit, GCh. Defense Secretary, and others. Most expensive at $31,500.

Spicy Success, dkb. filly (Gotta Go x Forsaken Art)
Here’s to hoping she doesn’t defy her name! Half to 2 SW’s, and her 3 non-winning siblings are all FF bred/campaigned. Bought for $1,000.

Oh no, I completely forgot about this auction!

Had to fight for the two I won. XD Paid $30,500 for each.

Diamond Kitten (Link)
NCh. Bellagio (S) x Heart Of Glass (S) - Created
Black filly born March 9

Born from silver-ranked parents, I wanted her as much for her name as for her potential. XD

Quiet Sea (Link)
NCh. Worthy Victor (G) x Ch. Atsa Pretty Muffin (B) - Cross Roads (S)
Bay colt born June 10

Seems to be bred largely for turf, though might have potential on dirt as well. Despite being bronze-ranked, Atsa Pretty Muffin’s babies have a 71% win rate, and her current 3YO is stakes placed. She herself was a G1 winner, winning the 2010 Test stakes and showing in the 2010 Flight Stakes. Her list of highlights includes a showing in the Distaff Breeders’ Cup Handicap as well. Quiet Sea is her last baby, so I’m hoping he blows the rest of his siblings out of the water as a Worthy Victor son. XD