2023 Two Year Olds

So who else is terrified for Wednesday? :laughing:

We have six 2yo’s set to make their debut on Wednesday, including two with half-sibs who were SW’s at two. A few others…well I hope they leave the gate. Right now we have no one entered for Saturday but I’m sure that will change in the next 48 hours.

I have four entered for tomorrow, two colts and two fillies. Three of them are homebred, and one was bred by Final Furlong; I bought his dam when she was in foal. Dóighiúil is by NCh. Player and out of gold ranked Ch. Opulent, a twin sister to NCh. Irish Gold. Eerschay, a filly by Frankel and out of created Champion mare, is my sentimental favourite; her name is also my nickname here and there. Another Frankel filly is Azhagu. And there is also a colt by my stallion Al Mundhir - Cap’n Muncher. He was born mid January but will probably develop more next year (if at all…).

I bit the bullet and have 9 2YOs scheduled to race tomorrow. Eep!

The ones entered are all in their expected mature height range and have been in training for a while, reaching A/A energy/fitness, so fingers crossed! Knowing how 2YOs go, though, this doesn’t mean a darn thing ha. All but one are homebreds, so the pressure is real.

So far, I only have 4 entered for Saturday, and most of those are newer to training (with less fitness). I’m not expecting much there as a result. I’m not sure if I’ll enter more, but I did ship a bunch more 2YOs to train recently. Depends how patient I can be (and how soul-crushing Wednesdays results are).

First day of 2yo’s wasn’t too bad for us. Went (6) 1-0-2-2. See how Saturday goes. :fire:

Our first day was 9 starters: 1-2-1-0, so not awful but very much divided.
Our second day was definitely worse with 4 starters: 0-0-1-0 (but I figured that would be the case).

Surprisingly, several of our day 1 racers have already bounced back to A/A and will be running again Saturday.