2023 How'd You Do?

Qietly nabbed 4 horses for $1,000 each, which is a personal triumph. Though my plan to not buy anymore broodmares utterly failed, but at least we only picked up two, both in foal, and both creates.

Cemetary Waltz is a weanling colt by GCh. Latino Mix (B) out Ch. Shadow Play (S). Extremely pleased to snag this half-brother of MSW and multi-millionaire NCh. Ancient Ghost.

Gesture is a weanling daughter of Curlin out of NCh. Take Me Higher (S). Half to 100% winners, including MSW Neat Mist and SP Chanel. Her dam is half to 5 MSW’s.

Ch. Can’t Catch Arrow is a 11yo broodmare, SW of 242k, silver-ranked, and her sole raced foal was 2 for 2 before going inactive. She comes in foal to Bear Witness.

Wanderlust is a 11yo broodmare, SP, and had won 3 of 4 starts while being member-campaigned. Gold-ranked and Reine-de-Course (I/C), she has 100% winners including MSW GCh. Itinerant. Comes in foal to Hogwarts.

Quickly got outbid on most of my first picks, but still ended with my most expensive (and highest-quality) buys ever. XD

Ranked by most expensive:

[color=#FF0000]GCh. Incandescent[/color] - A 9YO Candidate mare out of gold-ranked Golden Quest (Rainbow Quest). She’s MSW/MSP and just over $100k away from being a millionaire. She has 12 highlights to her name and a speed record on dirt at 9.5f. Hoping to get some good dirt runners out of her. Won at $250,500.

[color=#0000FF]Natural Strike[/color] (previously Unnamed) - A yearling colt by Strike It Rich (S) and platinum-ranked Shesanaturalactor (Planet Hollywood). Dam has produced 5 stakes winners, including 3 MSWs, and is currently sitting at 64% winners despite being a FF mare, so I’ve got high hopes for this little guy. Won at $203,000.

[color=#FF0000]Optimal Journey[/color] - A 3YO filly by Dr. Evil out of silver-ranked Skin Deep Beauty (Twin Oaks). She’s got one G3 stakes win under her belt despite being FF-owned, and her dam has already produced 71% winners, including 1 MSW/millionaire. Optimal Journey is a July baby, so she’s a bit behind her peers, but I think she should still have a fair amount of potential. Won at $25,500.

[color=#FF000]Waiting To Happen[/color] - A 12YO Backseat Driver mare out of gold-ranked Cereal Killer (Killing Time). She was only ever lightly raced during her 3YO year, so her racing potential is largely unknown, but both her dam and grand-dam are gold-ranked, so thought I’d take the gamble on her. Can’t help but feel that she was a steal at only $1,000.

Expensive trip to the auction :joy:
Heavy Measure. $200,000
3yo colt by In The Navy.
G3 placed on first jumps start, will be aimed at long distance chases over 12f plus
Bold Bridge. $200,500
1yo colt by Unabridged
Well bred and hopefully make graded class possibly on the dirt
Irish Bridge. $500,500
Weanling colt by Unabridged
Will have to wait a while to see how he turns out but 10/12f turf races will be where he should be performing
One Wealthy Lady. $1,667,000
Weanling filly by One Lucky Soul
Loved her pedigree and was my top pick of the whole auction. The price tag tells you I wasn’t the only one. Hopefully the wait will be worth it :wink:

1 Like

FYI bidding limit has increased to 8 horses.

Came away with 4 lovely broodmares. Waiting to see what new studs appear for stud in coming year before making choices for these ladies.

Heavenside Halo (Nightfight x What’s Your Dream by What’s It Worth) $1,000
Classic pedigree through and through. Possibility of sending her to California Chrome in spring.

Embargo (Cigar x American Black) $20,000
Another one with a classic pedigree. Possibility of her visiting Curlin in the spring. Had to spend more to get this beauty.

Afireinthesky (Ring of Fire x Long Shot) $1,000
I’ve always loved the Patriot Games family so snatching this girl wasn’t even a question. She will visit Carrowmore in the spring.

Dynamic Seven (Black Gold x What A Surprise) $1,000
Never had a Black Gold mare in my stock before. Should be interesting to watch how she does as a brood mare for Tall Oaks. She will visit Franco Classico in the spring.

Only came home with one, an ex-inmate who I always regretted selling.

GCh Ice Tiger is a MSW steeplechaser. She’s produced one SP runner to date. I hadn’t expected to pay quite so much for her but glad to have her home. She’ll visit Nobly Regal next year.