2023 Black Storm West Stallions

SPECIAL DISCOUNT: All platinum-ranked mares get free breedings, and gold-ranked mares receive 50% off the stud fee. Please let me know at time of post.

ICh. Blue Smoke
2010 Bay Stallion, 16.3hh - Blue Ensign x Smoke ‘n’ Mirrors (Fire ‘n’ Smoke)
BC Nominated | Fee: $5,000 LFG

Stakes winner at 2, 3, and 4. Winner of six G1 races including the Epsom Derby, Dubai Sheema Classic, Tattersalls Gold Cup, Sussex Stakes, and Turf Classic Invitational. Hit the board in other major turf G1’s such as the St. Leger, Arlington Million, Dubai Sheema Classic (a year before winning it), Cox Plate, and St. James’ Palace Stakes. Set 6 speed records between 10-12f turf. Also won 3 dirt stakes races but showed preference for long turf.

BRONZE: Only son of Blue Ensign at stud, and only grandfoal of Fire ‘n’ Smoke at stud. He has sired 42% winners and 10% stakes winners, including MSW’s GCh. Epiphany, Ch. Handy Locket, Ch. Smokin Indeed, and Ch. Blue-Footed Booby. Sired the 2023 G1 Irish Oaks winner, Rare Cannon, and G1 winner Blue Angel Fighter.

Available Dates:
Jul 1b -
Jul 2a -
Jul 2b -
Aug 1a -
Aug 1b -
Aug 2a -
Aug 2b -

NCh. Nobly Regal
2011 Bay Stallion, 16.0hh - Danzig x Delightful Natalie
BC Nominated | Fee: $10,000 LFG

Multi-stakes winner at 2, 3, and 4. Winner of the G1 Australian Cup, Canterbury Guineas, and George Ryder Stakes. Set two speed records for 10f turf, but pulled off graded stakes wins at all distances, from the 7.5f turf G1 George Ryder to the 10f turf Australian Cup–also managed to finish 2nd in the 10f dirt Australian Derby.

SILVER: Only son of Danzig at stud. Has sired 68% winners and 14% stakes winners, including MSW’s Ch. Falsehood, Ch. Investiture, Ch. Regal Prince, Ch. Classical Cube, Ch. Professor Plum, and Ch. Cersei. Notable 2023 SW’s include Ch. Always Regal and Home From Holidays.

Available Dates:
FULLY BOOKED

NCh. Straticus
2014 Chestnut Stallion, 15.3hh - Simply Heroic x Hashin Out a Song
BC Nominated | Fee: $10,000 LFG

New to the lineup and just finishing his first year at stud. Stakes winner at 3, 4, 5, and 6. Campaigned for 6 years and retired with one minor injury at age 5. Winner of the G1 Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup, with multiple on-the-board placings in major G1 events such as the Breeders’ Cup Turf, Japan Cup, Singapore Airlines International Cup, and the Metropolitan Stakes. All of his stakes victories and placings were on turf, but he won 2 of 3 dirt races while showing a preference for classic and long distances.

Only son of Simply Heroic at stud. Simply Heroic is turning into a very nice damsire, with a 3.7 Silver ranking, which bodes well for any grandfoals via Straticus.

Available Dates:
Jul 1a -
Jul 1b -
Jul 2a -
Jul 2b -
Aug 1a -
Aug 1b -
Aug 2a -
Aug 2b -

Please could I get the following for Nobly Regal:

March 2a - Ice Tiger
March 3a - Jaded Silk (due to retire at the end of this year - please can I have a genetic slot if she’s not on the list to book when you set up breedings)
May 2a - In The Loop
July 2b - Just A Fox (GOLD ranked)

Thank you

1 Like

If possible can I get another March or April a lot to Nobly Regal for The Good Stuff please?

You’re booked.

Can I get the following for Nobly Regal?
Mar 1a - California Classic
Apr 1a - Label Maker (due to retire in 2024)
Apr 2b - Vainilla

1 Like

Got you!

1 Like

I shuffled around a few of my mares and more slots opened up for the boys.

I’d like to breed Ch. Lointaine to Blue Smoke. March 3 will be fine.

Could I get two to each of your boys? Blue Smoke - Mar 3b and Apr 1a; Nobly Regal April 1b,2a; and Straticus - Feb 2a and 2b?

Added, thanks!

Can I get the following?

Blue Smoke:
June 1 slot for Madame Justice?

Nobly Regal:
June 1 slot for Evanescence?

Straticus:
March 1 slot for Indy’s Moment?

Main post update with remaining slots.

May I please reserve the following

Straticus
Apr 1 slot for Haven’s Watch (Gold Ranked)

Blue Smoke-
Earliest slot available for Regal Kiss

Nobly Regal
Earliest Slot for Devil’s Art
Jul 1 slot for Kiss Me Goodbye

Earliest slot I have for Blue Smoke is June 1A, and I gave Devil’s Art a July slot. Hope that works.

Blue smoke booking is good, I’m going to have to withdraw on Devil’s Art. July will move her breeding time too far back for my liking! Thank you!

May I please get another Jun 1 slot for Moon and Stars to Blue Smoke if possible.

Done.

thank you!

Main post updated. Only July-August slots left for Blue Smoke and Straticus, and Nobly Regal is fully booked! Probably the first time I’ve ever had a stallion with a full book. Thanks to everyone who has sent a mare or two our way.

1 Like