2023 2yo auction - How'd you do?

As for my last year purchases, I still keep all of them. Super Deer , the most expensive last year, did not earn her purchase price, and in her recent race she finished second to last. But she was mostly in the money as a 2yo, so maybe she just needs better training, when we get the Training Workouts page fixed.
Awesome Stream finished second four times as a 2yo, but is still a maiden. He will run this Wednesday. Neat Heat was lightly raced and we think steeplechase might be his thing. Ch. Wiry Feeling became our champion filly; bought for only $1,000, she already earned $921,000. She finished 2nd in Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies last year. Green Hour was stakes placed as a 2yo, and finished 4th most recently.

This year I bought:

[color=blue]Neat Mist[/color] - 16.0h bay colt by NCh. Golden Text (G), out of NCh. Take Me Higher (S) / FFCh. Foolhardy (S). He seems ready to start training. Half brother to a stakes placed filly. Bred by AMLC Racing.
Price: $97,500

[color=blue]Far Match[/color] - 15.1h dapple grey colt by WCh. All Jazzed Up (S), out of NCh. Night’s Over (B) / Ch. Moonopoly (B). Born in May, so we’ll wait till then to start training. His dam won two 2014 Eclipse Awards: Classic Horse and Turf Mare. Sire won four: 2009 2 Year Old Colt, 2010 3 Year Old Colt, 2010 Endurance Horse and Turf Horse, 2011 Older Horse. Bred by Final Furlong.
Price: $1,500

[color=blue]Rare Rock[/color] - 16.0h black colt by ICh. Can’t Touch This (G), out of Ch. Synbound (S). He will start training soon. Bred by Final Furlong.
Price: $1,000.

Just four and kept it cheap at 1k apiece.

Abberville - 16hh bay colt by ICh. To Die For (B), out of White Chocolate (S) - Danzig (S)
A big colt who is has already been training for a few weeks. Half to 2 winners including a SP 3yo.

Electric Lyre - 14.3hh dark gray colt by Dunaden, out of Hint of Magic (B) - ICh. Highland Magic (B)
A June baby so he has much growing to do before he begins training. Dam set 2 speed records and has produced 2/3 winners. Mostly purchased because he’s a Dunaden son.

Magic Hill - 15hh bay filly by NCh. Crafty Magic, out of Beacon Hill (B) - No Duplicate (S)
Half to 2/3 winners including a SW. Interested to see how Crafty Magic does as a sire.

White View - 16hh black filly by NCh. Highland Burning (S), out of Joyful News (S) - Affirmed (S)
Dam is SP. White View is half to a SW; her other half-sibs are inactive FF foals so hard to say how she may do but I like the combination of Highland Burning/Affirmed. Big filly, she will likely start training next month or May.

Of last year’s selections, it’s been a bit of a split. Amusing Spell (Long Live The King) has been in the top three 6 of 8 races, two being wins. Cape Hatteras (Deep Impact) has 1 win and 1 show of 5 starts, Previous Frost (Invasor) is still chasing butterflies in circles down the track, Regular Profit (Tottenham Hotspur) has only managed to squeeze out a fourth place in 5 starts, and Whimsical War (City Upon a Hill) has managed a third in 4 starts.

This Year
I can hardly manage the horses I already have at the moment, so I only threw out 1k on a single horse.

[color=#FF0000]Jaded Cake[/color] - 15.3hh dark grey filly by ICh. Unabridged (G), out of Hollywood’s Finest (B) - Planet Hollywood (S). Dam is twice stakes placed, and oldest sibling was stakes placed under Final Furlong management. She’s bred for dirt distances, so I hope she lives up to her breeding.