2022 Racing Challenge

[font=Verdana]So, every team now has 6 horses - 2 2yos, 2 3yos, and 2 4yos.[/font]

Same general rules apply as in previous years…

• Teams will need to pick a location (first come, first served, no duplicates across CW teams)
  • Majority vote is required to enter a race
  • Captains can enter races
  • Horses running while injured will be penalised
  • Captains not entering races that have been voted on (unless the horse is entered in another race or is injured) will be penalised
  • Team/member activity is judged on how often your horses race
  • Points are earned based on how well your horses do, with extra points being awarded/taken away if other CW-owned horses are involved (e.g. beating another CW-owned horse gets more points than beating a regular game horse)

If you have any questions, post here.

Enjoy, and good luck! :slight_smile:

Our horses aren’t named this year. Will this change or will we be able to name them?

Nope, feel free to name them. :slight_smile:

Woo! Also, I can still see Team Red from last time (sorry for the jump between my main account and Purple Team Captain. I momentarily forgot where I was logged in).

You can see it on the forum or in their stable?

On the forum.

I think everyone should have access to the right CW forum sections now, but if not give a shout.

Shanthi, is there a way to open up naming the ponies?  Doesn’t seem we have the option to edit.

I believe once location is chosen then the “farm” becomes official and you can name horses.

Ah, ok.  I was wondering if something like that was the case.

Blue Team is unanimously decided on a home base of Aqueduct, and the moniker Blue Sapphires.

Purple Team has unanimously decided on home base Belmont, with team name Loony Lilacs.

The green team is going tor Woodbind and Green Means Go for our name.

Red team is going with Red Sparrows and Arlington

Looks like we still may be unable to name the ponies.

Naming should work now.

Question came up for captains on entering races. I honestly can’t remember, so can any previous captains weigh in?

I’m pretty sure that - at some point - the race entry code checked if the horse had enough votes to be entered, and if not it didn’t display the horse. It doesn’t do this now, but am I just thinking I’d written that functionality because it seems like a good idea, or did it exist at some point?

Attn. Captains
As stated above, the race entry code won’t prevent you from entering your CW horses into races that don’t have votes for them. On the CW stable page, you should see the tally of votes and whether the horse can be raced or not. If so, feel free to enter. If not, please don’t. :wink:

I believe that was a thing at some point.  It’s been a while, though.

I’ll see if I can add it back in…not sure how quickly that will happen as I’ve got travel for work coming up.

I think it was there, and rather helpful, preventing me from entering a horse in the wrong race :stuck_out_tongue: but I’m not sure.