2020 Results (Finally)

2020 results have been processed and people should have been awarded money and the choice of horses. :slight_smile: Sorry for it taking me almost a year (!) to process things.

Oh that was a nice surprise! I went for the youngsters (not that I need more fillies!). Thank you!

A very nice surprise!

Great surprise! Went for the very shiny broodmare.  ;D

I didn’t play, but I’d love to hear what everyone got if anyone feels like sharing!  :slight_smile:

I opted for these two:

[color=red]Lonesome Magic
First Born Son x Easy Keeper (S) (Easy Goer)
Unraced 2yo filly. Half to MSW Darq Queen. Dam has produced 5 winners from 6 runners.

[color=red]Resplendent
Yearling filly by Dark Continent out of Flamboyant (Gunningdownromance). First foal for MSP dam, who is out of Gold ranked Hollywood Hopes.

Excited to see how they do  :slight_smile:

I chose Colors Waving, a gold-ranked create mare in foal to Mantle of Power. She has already produced MSW stallion NCh. Aptitude and MSW Ch. Waving Octopus. Unfortunately her 2yo-5yo foals are unraced, but all her raced foals are SP or SW.

I had a really hard time deciding who to pick, but finally chose to pick the younger ones since I think I have enough broodmares for now. I got:

[color=red]Towering Clover
2 YO filly by Edinburgh x Pushin Buttons (G)

[color=red]Unnamed yearling filly by Celtic Star x Robyn’s View (S)

Yay! I claimed mine right away but waited for a nice coffee time to write about them :wink:

[color=red]Cuddly Thought is a black 2yo filly by ICh. Chivalry (S) out of Ch. Beer Barrel (S). Her name corresponds nicely with my most recent obsession, which is crocheting… I already made two sweaters for my dog, a pair of leg warmers, two pairs of fingerless mitts, two hats, shawls… and I keep thinking of all those fancy yarns out there waiting to be hoarded :wink: so this filly’s name really speaks to me.

And I got an unnamed yearling filly; she was born on May 24th which means her name had to start with S due to my alphabetical order :wink: so I named her [color=red]Sappho after my favourite ancient poet. Which somewhat ties with parents names, GCh. Harvard Bound (B) and NCh. Shesanaturalactor §. The ancient lady was highly educated and her poems were performed because people hardly knew how to write back then. Anyway, it’s super cool to have a filly out of a platinum Multi-Millionaire mare!
I wasn’t really looking for Harvard Bound’s offspring, but I do have a broodmare by him; [color=red]GCh. Embellished, which I bought as a 2yo at the 2015 Annual Select Auction (time flies!) and she had a really nice career. She even made a tiny profit :stuck_out_tongue:

Good Luck with Cuddly Thought - Beer Barrel is part of our broodmares band. Very glad to see her go to an active stable

Oh man, the fancy yarn rabbit hole…I’ve only knit our dog a snood, and I’m not sure he likes it (but then, he doesn’t like having clothes put on in general, even though he has no hair so really needs them!). I might make him another one that’s a bit longer as this one only covers half his (very long) neck.

I need to do fingerless mitts for myself next - my hands are getting cold typing at the computer these days. :slight_smile: I’ve done a bit of crochet, mainly granny squares. Mostly I knit sweaters and socks for myself, because I’m always freezing, lol.

Nice surprise, I choose :

Option 1
Plucky Sunlight - 2019 f. (Point Given x To Caro With Love)
Unnamed - 2020 c . (Sleipnir x Teacher’s Pet)

They are great for that! I followed this tutorial when I made my first mitts: youtube.com/watch?v=NpD1lmPAWIM
I then used these techniques for some other projects. My dog loves the sweater! I’m actually tempted to make another one… but I’ll try to sell one of those first… or else my dog will need his own wardrobe soon :wink: