2020 2yo Auction - How'd you do?

Well, that was short and sweet! Managed to only walk away with 2, as tempting as some of them were…went with boys this time as they’re easier to part with later down the line (and, optimistically speaking, studification is fun!).

[color=blue]RICH MINE (NCh. Slip in the Mud x Ch. Diavik), first foal from his SW dam. Both parents did well as 4yos, and he’s quite small, so don’t expect much of him from this year, but look forward to seeing what he can do in 2022. :wink:

[color=blue]TRUE ARCH (GCh. Ace of Hearts x Ch. Natagora), second foal from his SW dam. Just noticed that he’s 2x2 to Highland Magic, which should be interesting. His dam did well at 3 and his sire at 4-5, so again will be waiting to see what he does when he’s a bit older. His older sister (by A.P. Indy) is unplaced in one start, so not much to go on there.

Both cost $1,000, so definitely bargains.

Three so far, and one being our #1 choice at the base price! Can’t be too upset.

[color=blue]Different Clover, 15.1hh flea-bitten gray by NCh. In the Navy out of Ch. Katie’s Glory, by Lonesome Glory (G). Dam is MSP with earnings of almost 500k and set 4 speed records. Katie’s Glory is half to NCh. My Stupid Girl, dam of GCh. Turf Lightning. His two half-siblings have not raced yet. Bought for 1k.

[color=red]Known Brick, 15.1hh dark gray by Ch. Mr. Townsend (B) out of Flower Market (S). Her two raced siblings include MSW Ch. Half Moon Bay and a placed 4yo who hasn’t raced since he was two. Bought for 1k.

[color=blue]Various Shore, 15.1hh liver chestnut by NCh. French Ruby out of Doubles, by Distinct Possibili (S). Doubles set a SC speed record, and is half to MSW and millionaire GCh. Sophisticated Chic and Snake Charmer (S). I imagine he’ll take to SC like his parents. Bought for 1k.

Surprisingly, I got many of my first picks for the lowest price. Now waiting on one who ate the rest of the money (sorry, Generous Bloodstock…). Also, I sold a Frankel colt, out of Ch. Udaivilas who foaled yesterday.

[color=blue]Wistful Class - 15.2h dark bay colt by ICh. Magic Glory, out of GCh. Electrifying (Black Legend). Dad is gold ranked and we also own the colt’s half sister. He was born in August but he already reached his minimum height.

[color=blue]Private Tea 15.3h black colt by NCh. Black Warrior, out of Cee Me First. Dad also gold ranked, and dam is silver. Born in January and already reached his minimum height.

[color=red]Burning Moonbeam - 14.3h dapple grey filly by War Chant, out of Ch. High Society (ICh. Highland Pride). Born in June and still has some to grow, but her dosage looks good.

That’s ok Hilda - you’ve helped me save some money at least  :stuck_out_tongue:

Secured two so far and waiting on two more.

[color=red]Marvelous Verse is the last foal from Just Like You by Broad Account. At first glance her pedigree doesn’t look that inspiring with both parents being bronze ranked. However, she’s half to two of our broodmares who are both gold ranked - Just A Fox (dam of ICh Sionnach, GCh Llwynog etc) and Just Danzig (dam of GCh Danzintothetop). Cost a bargain $1000.

[color=red]Total Diva is by Giant’s Causeway out of created mare NCh Accepted Place. She’s on the small side so might not be much to write home about this year. I managed to outbid myself on when I was trying to bid on another horse  ::) but hopefully she’ll earn back her purchase price of

Of course, after I was all self-satisfied for being so good at this auction…I went back for another look.  :stuck_out_tongue:

[color=red]SKILLFUL GALAXY (ICh. Stressed x Entwining Spring) is a half-sister to SP Corkscrew. I’ve always liked Stressed, but somehow only have a 3yo by him at the moment. For $1,000, figured it was worth seeing what this girl can do.

Now I’m done…really…

I hope she’ll earn it back :wink:
Here is the last one:

[color=red]Icy Wine - 15.2h black filly by ICh. Almost Precious, out of Ch. Rum Runner (Seabiscuit). Her sire is a half brother to our home stallion Al Mundhir. Dam is silver ranked, and granddam is gold. She still has some to grow, but she was born in June.
Price: $75,500.

Went back for two more. Why is beyond me.

[color=red]Shy Lock, 14.1hh dark gray by NCh. Joyeux Oiseau (B) out of Ch. Hedge Witch, by A.P. Indy (S). Dam is MSP and half to GCh. Early Spring and 3 other stakes winners. Her dam is bred on the same Sire/BM Sire as 3 GCH horses and 1 broodmare whose only runner is SW. From the same family as GCh. Worthy Sage and GCh. American Dance. She wasn’t born until August so I may not run her until next year. I think I mostly picked her up for her damline and still having some fondness towards Joy, who was the only horse I’ve gotten stud qualified. Too bad his foals can’t find the broad side of a barn, lol. Bought for 1k.

[color=red]Minor Deer, 14.2hh dark gray by GCh. Tottenham Hotspur (S) out of Flipside, by ICh. Highland Pride (S). Dam is SP and raced sound from age 2-6, and is half to NCh. Robin Hood (S), ICh. Sleipnir (B), I Shot The Sheriff (S), GCh. Highland Desperado, NCh. Laird’s Own, and GCh. Airgead Dra

You and me both, but I like your extra choices. :slight_smile:

The two I was waiting on turned into three  ::) but all for $1000 dollars each so can’t complain.

[color=red]Careful Memory is by To Die For out of silver ranked Five Star Hotel. Half to MSW Ch Raffles and her three other siblings to race are all winners. Nice to have a runner from her sire’s first crop.

[color=red]Hollow Bubble is by retired stud Smart Strike out is SW, MSP mare. We don’t have anything by her sire so she should be fun to play with.

[color=red]Present Memory is by Dixie Time out of a MSP Bold Ruler mare. We have a nice 3yo filly by Dixie Time, hopefully this one will follow in her footsteps.

Went back for one more.

[color=red]Aggressive Honey, 15.2hh black filly by GCh. Dixie Time (S) out of Sweet Beginnings (B). Dam is SP. Half to two winners, but none of her half-sibs have been active in two years. 1k.