2020/2024 Kentucky Derby

With the RL Kentucky Derby now delayed until September (which should provide a very interesting summer, presuming races are still running in general), at least we have the FF Derby!

Who has Derby prospects this year? I have none for the Derby, but I might try Ch. Lipstickandmalice in the Kentucky Oaks.

Just trying to generate some chat, hah. @Hilda_with_Clicker I love your RL race posts so hoping we can continue with those this year (especially with so many stuck indoors).

1 Like

Yes! My list of races to highlight this year is shorter, because I thought some of them weren’t so interesting. But this year it’s going to be different for sure… and it was actually my first year in a while when I had many real life horse riding trails planned… looks like I’m not coming back to riding for a while!

I don’t think I’ve ever had a runner in the American classics so maybe this year I might have to give it a go.

Dead Horse Gap could go for the Derby and maybe Volokolamsk could be an Oaks contender.

The rest of my 3yos are probably more turf runners.

As for the Kentucky Derby… it still doesn’t show up in Schedule Search?

I’ll probably enter Neat Mist and/or Splendid Blessing, if they do well in Dubai this Wednesday.

Maybe it’s because Shanthi just fixed the schedule search, but I was able to look it up pretty quickly. May 2nd is FF Derby/Oaks day.

And now the RL Dubai World Cup has been cancelled. Thank you FF for SOME manner of racing outlet. I have 5 Dubai entries this year. Fingers crossed they still run straight.