2019 Horses Consigned

Bidding starts tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Ok I have my two :wink:

[color=red]Monarch Butterfly - 16.1h dark grey filly by Monarchos, out of Gild the Stars (Planet Hollywood). Her granddam Gilded Sky is the dam of our stallion NCh. Al Mundhir, and also of another stallion, NCh. Hidden Destiny. So I’m very happy to continue the line and I like Monarchos too.
Purchased for $18,000.

[color=red]Hot Money - 16.2h dark bay filly by NCh. Player, out of Ch. Killarney (Ch. Irish River). Player is the 2012 Endurance Horse, Turf Horse, and Older Horse of the Year. Both parents were Grade 1 level on turf.
Got her for only $1,000.

Secured two, waiting on one more. More girls  ::)

[color=red]A Moment In Time by Long Live The King out of SW, MSP Fantastic Moment. Bred by Shanthi. I like her sire and hopefully she’ll run well.

[color=red]General Cake by Beau Esprit out of SW, MSP Mystery Lover. She’s a bit of an unknown.

Both cost $12,000.

I hope she does well for you! I struggled with the decision to sell her but Fantastic Moment’s given me two more fillies since.

We went in with the intention of bidding first and foremost on [color=blue]Explosive Motif, the Foolhardy x Fenix colt. We also had our eye on a couple of others, in case we either didn’t get him or didn’t have to pay $100k for him.

We were one of three bidders who bid the maximum for [color=blue]Explosive Motif and, to our pleasant surprise, we won the Lottery for him. We are looking forward with great excitement to see if he can even remotely emulate his famous father when he hits the tracks later this year.

We will now be interested observers in the rest of the Auction. While Shanthi will often increase the maximum number of horses each Stable can win in these Auctions if there are still a lot of horses left about half way through, she doesn’t usually (ever?) increase the maximum spending limit. We are very grateful for this, as we now cannot be tempted to bid on any more horses. If there was an FFHHA (Final Furlong Horse Hoarders Anonymous), we would definitely be members of it, so any help we can get, enforced or otherwise, is always welcomed (it’s mantra should be “I will not look, I will not look, Not even a peek, Not even a peek”, sung to the tune of “I won’t grow up” from Peter Pan). ;D

Came home with 3 of my 5 top picks, spent very little, so I’m quite happy!

[color=blue]Defiant Ember, 2yo dapple gray colt 16.2hh. Sired by GCh. Beau Esprit out of Ch. Avenging Angel, by Magic Man. I have none of Beau Esprit’s offspring in my herd, so that was the first appeal. Avenging Angel was a MSP earner of 265k and her one raced foal hit the board once in 4 starts so far (inactive since 2017). She is half to A Reason to Love (dam of 2 MSW’s), Ch. Starry-Eyed, and Ch. Sunday Star. I also have no Magic Man in the herd, a silver-ranked stud with only 10 daughters, 1 gold-ranked and 5 silver-ranked, including the dams of NCh. Black Light II and GCh. Volare. Bought for $1,000.

[color=red]Lotus, 2yo bay filly 14.1hh. Sired by ICh. Ring of Fire out of Accelerating, by NCh. Slew O’Scots. Half-sister to Ch. Elfin. I somehow have very few Ring of Fire’s in my herd and Slew O’Scots is turning into a nice broodmare sire; I also like the combination of Cross Roads and Seattle Slew plus her great-granddam is Miss Hayday (100% winners, 8 SW’s, 5 MSW’s incl. Gone Haywire and My Lucky Day). Really excited for her to grow and hit the track later! Picked up for $6,000.

[color=red]Fire Opal, 2yo dark bay filly 14.2hh. Sired by ICh. Ring of Fire out of A Time for Romance, by Danzig. Apparently I hit the Ring of Fire card a little harder than I thought, haha. Danzig being the broodmare sire was the main reason behind this purchase, as the dam didn’t show much on the track and is unproven in the shed. But the Sire/BM cross has produced MSP Ch. Mount St. Helens, and A Time for Romance’s granddam is by Mr. Prospector (S). Bought for $1,000.

I might go back and pick up a 4th once the bidding has died down more but for now I’m really happy.

Good luck with her! If my barn weren’t full of ROF/SOS I definitely would have kept her. :slight_smile:

Thanks. Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Added one more for $1000. Starr Thief is a filly by retired stud Cool Thief out of a created MSP mare. Her sire retired early but has done well with the limited foals that have hit the track. Hopefully she’ll earn back her purchase price.

We were originally going for no ponies. We’ve got 9 for sale (3 left!) and were quite proud of ourselves for not being tempted.

And then we spotted the high bid on Explosive Motif, which was too tempting to pass up. Lucky for us, we lost the lottery on him. (“Lucky” only in the hoarding aspec, I’m sure he’ll go on to win millions for you, Lewis!)

While moping a bit on that, we spotted the high bid on Massive Fail, which also ended up too tempting to pass up. We snagged her for the “bargain” (relative to $100k) price of $99,500. She’s the second foal from MSW Give The Slip, her older brother is a winner in 2 starts under Final Furlong management. She’s by I’m Your Angel, whom we like but don’t many foals by him. Plus, I love the name.

Still, 9 out, 1 in, that’s progress, right?

Went back for one more.

[color=red]Rose Gold, 2yo dark bay filly 15.0hh. By Holy Bull out of Chrome It. Half to SP Ch. New Year’s Baby. $1,000.

I’m excited this is my first FF sponsored auction and I think I found some nice 2 yo’s for nearly nothing!

We picked up the following youngsters:

[color=red]Rough Magid 2 yo filly sired by ICh. Demand the Best and the first foal out of Bella Luna. Loved her name and since I don’t know the racing lines ingame yet was willing to take a chance on this pretty girl. She will make a nice broodie when she retires from the track. paid $1000

[color=red]Top That 2 yo filly sired by NCh. Slip In The Mud and the 3rd foal out of Ch. Tres Elegant (created). Another one picked for her name. Paid $1000

[color=red]Waiting Condition 2 yo filly by NC. Slew O’Scotts and the 2nd foal out of Baby Jinx (dreated). Not crazy about her name but Love the breeding of her sire. Really look forward to running her. Paid $1000

[color=blue]Joyeux Holiday 2 yo colt sired by NCh. Joyeux Oiseau and the 4th foal out of Ch. Harvard Holiday a daughter of Gold ranked Berthas Bikini. Loved his name and the bloodlines have had some success on the track. $1000

[color=blue]Casual Attire 2 yo colts sired by NCh. Black Light II and the first foal out of Aviendha (created). Positively love this colts name! Would love to see him stud qualified in the future. Paid $1000

A nice group of 2 yo’s to add to my race string for this year.

thank you Shanthi for hosting this auction.

I managed to reduce my herd last year and said I wouldn

[quote="Wolfhound"]
[color=blue]Volcanic Cocoa 15.3 bay colt (Tiznow x Ch. Full of Glory(S)) I don

I’ve upped the purchase limit to 7 horses now.

No! No! - I will not look (well maybe just a quick peek :wink:

You should have done what I did - blow your entire Max. Limit ($-wise) on the first day of the Auction then, it wouldn’t matter how attractive the left-overs looked, you wouldn’t be tempted to get any more. As I said before, while Shanthi will often bump up the limit on # of horses, she seldom, if ever, bumps up the max amount spent.

Never have, never will. (The $100k limit itself might change, I suppose, but the limit in the auction overall won’t change for the 2yo/mixed/foal auctions, to give everyone a level playing field.)

For which, as a member of FFHHA (see my post Reply #5 on March 8th), I am extremely grateful!  LOL!

I have increased the limit to 10 horses for the last few days of the auction.