2019 Annual Foal Auction

My last year’s purchases didn’t do much yet, one is still unraced but Tinderbox scored a win and she was twice in the money. Now I bought two yearlings…

[color=red]Fantoche - 15.0h dark bay filly by NCh. Robin Hood, out of Ch. Pandemonium (Point Given). Dam is out of gold ranked Ch. Hollywood Hopes, and a multiple stakes winner with speed record on turf. Granddam Eternal Hope is the dam of retired stallion NCh. Hope To Succeed. Pandemonium has two racing foals and they both look promising. Robin Hood has sired GCh. She’s Outlawed that I used to own, and a millionaire GCh. Legendary Glory, among others. Fantoche is “puppet” in Spanish. The filly was born in June and her estimated height is 16.1h - 17.1h, so we’ll be waiting.
Price: $45,500.

[color=blue]Chiringuito - 16.3h dark bay colt by ICh. Dr. Evil out of Ch. Promised Union. Dr. Evil has a whole lot of speed records on turf and three Eclipse Awards. He had two injuries but dam was injury-free after 50 races, so I hope that the foal will take after her. She was also a multiple stakes winner. The boy was born in April but he has already reached his minimum height. Chiringuito means “beach bar” in Spanish.
Price: $1,000.

We managed to secure two new faces, a pair of weanling fillies.

[color=red]Cuddles is by Express Yourself out of a MW, MP Highland Wizard half-sister to ICh Sleipnir and NCh Robin Hood. Eldest half-sibling to race won and placed in three starts at 2 and hasn’t raced since. Cost $6500.

[color=red]Tombstone is by Ring of Fire out of MSW, MSP mare Fabulously High (High Chances). Bred by Cricket Hill, cost $1000.

Good luck with Tombstone!

Thanks Cat!

Meant to consign horses to the auction and then December crept up on me so I didn’t

I originally had a stupidly massive list of foals I liked, then completely spaced when the auction was. 99% of those foals were sold when I finally got to the auction. Oh well, maybe that’s a good thing! Picked up two:

[color=red]Rainbowsnladybugs is a yearling filly by Brigade (B) out of Ornaran, by Mr. Prospector (S). Her dam set 1 speed record and has produced 2 winners from 2 foals. $1,000.

[color=blue]Zero Gravity is a yearling colt by GCh. Galaxy’s Zodiac out of Tuburon Mariposa, by Seattle Slew (S). His dam is half to GCh. While It Lasts, NCh. Fingerprints (S), and Ch. Highland Miracle. $1,000.

Brought one for the $100k, think it’s the first time I’ve ever been successful when in a random draw  :slight_smile:

Grey colt -

ICh. Candidate  x Onyx (G)

Fingers crossed he turns out like some of his siblings.

8)

Good luck with him, Andy! I thought about him but then got tempted by other babies.

I made a list and then completely forgot about it and bought two other horses :stuck_out_tongue: when I “found” the list the horses were of course already sold  ::)

I have upped the limit to 8 horses per stable if anyone wants to go back for more. :slight_smile:

I have upped the limit to 10 horses per stable if anyone wants to go back for more. :slight_smile: