2018 Mixed Auction

I saw that the mixed auction is supposed to begin at midnight (eek!) but doesn’t have any Final Furlong horses consigned.  Is there a script, or do you need help picking consignments?

Will it be delayed?  Or will it just run with members’ only contributions?

Just curious!

Thanks for the reminder - I need to tweak the script to work with the mixed auction. I’ll work on that this week and the auction should start next weekend instead.

Script has been tweaked and horses consigned. Auction will start tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Two broodmares so far. I’m not very lucky in mixed auctions and I was very lucky winning claimers this year, so I will probably not buy more ponies here this year. Both mares are created but with some interesting careers.

[color=red]Ch. The Nightingale - 10yo brown mare, 15h. Stakes Winner, Mult. Stakes Placed with four speed records; two on dirt and two on turf. She raced at stakes level from age 3 to 6. She was not in foal and will be bred to Frankel.
Purchased for $1,000.

[color=red]Pinoit - 9yo light chestnut mare, 17h. Stakes Winner, Millionaire with three speed records; turf and steeplechase. She won Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff Endurance. Still in foal to NCh. Bellagio (due 7/15/18).
Purchased for $10,000.

Got two so far, waiting on another one.

[color=red]Ch. West L.A. Fadeaway is a 10yo broodmare by Planet Hollywood out of By Honor Bound, making her half-sister to MSWs NCh. Mark My Word, Ch. Secret Society, GCh. Keep to the Code, and Ch. Highland Bound. Her first foal, [color=blue]Planet Hell (2yo by NCh. Gimme A Shot) won his debut race in April. Got her for $30,500.

[color=blue]Sutter’s Mill is a weanling colt by NCh. Eighteen Karat out of Ch. An American Icon. His dam won a stakes race at 2 and won again at age 3 and 6. He is her first foal. Got him for $1,000.

Picked up two so far and have a bid in on one more. I don’t really need more ponies but these two were a steal at $1000 each, with lovely pedigrees.

[color=red]Pieces of Eight is a yearling filly by freshman sire Dixie Time out of Gold ranked Spectacular Silver. Her sire has had several winners already this year and made a fair start considering his best years on the track were at ages 5 and 6. Spectacular Silver has already produced GCh Blue Empress, and is a half-sister to Question Authority, dam of ICh Quarren. Named after the Spanish dollar which was the first World currency.

[color=blue]Quickstep is a weanling by ICh Demand The Best out of GCh Waltz Gang. His sire was a very nice runner and has his first 2yos next year. Waltz Gang was a multiple grade one winner and holds 7 speed records. This is her second foal.

Got our final bid for $1000. Another weanling, [color=red]First Lady of Song is a daughter of All Jazzed Up out of MSW, MSP Royal Success (Hope To Succeed). Named after Ella Fitzgerald who was known as both the First Lady of Song and the Queen of Jazz (tentative link to both parents).

Ended up with 3 more, which is at least 3 too many. :wink:

[color=blue]Wales is a 2yo son of NCh. Joyeux Oiseau and Kitty Kat Knapp, making him a half-brother to MSW Dancing In Winter. He hasn’t done much so far, but he’s also pretty small so we think he needs another 6 months to mature, at least. Our only other Joyeux foals are weanlings so we’re excited to be able to play with a baby now. Got him for $12,000.

[color=red]Dixie Cup is a yearling daughter of GCh. Dixie Time and Ch. Ellies Gift, making her a half-sister to SP Superstriker. Not sure I’m sold on the name, but it’s the first that popped into my head. This is our first Dixie Time foal, so I’m intrigued to see how she runs. Got her for $1,000.

[color=blue]Within Reach is a weanling son of ICh. Can’t Touch This and Ch. Still Easy who was a stakes winner on the track. He’s the third foal from his dam, so a bit of an unknown. Got him for $1,000.

Also, congrats to the new owners of Stillwater horses - I hope they do well for you in the future!

I seriously didnt need any more but saw some lines I love, I tried to get sleipnir but was out bid since I had already spent some money, but that’s ok I may sell gilded saint when his lease is up
So I walked away with these

Dream Evil a 2008 bm out of darling evil by resident evil I bred her to Irish gold for next yrs foal $1k
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=2648

Strait to my Heart a yrlg colt by point given out of Indys joy x ap Indy $1k
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=26745

Evil Eyed Son another yrlg colt by mr prospective out of forget shvann by resident evil $2k
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=26897

And
Saint Sebastian another colt by chivalry out of Sunday saint  $1k
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=30772

First auction I participated in in a long while, but the stable needed some fresh faces.

[color=red]Full of Fanfare is a stakes placed steeplechasing daughter of Witness-Full of Glory, by Lonesome Glory. We’ll keep running her to the end of the year before retiring her to the shed. Got her for $1k.

[color=red]Agent Carter is a nice black weanling filly by Chivalry-Brassy ‘n’ Sassy, by Awesome Again. Picked her up because we raced her older half-brother, Captain’s Orders (Giant’s Causeway), and he won three stakes for us. Picked her up for $1k, which is good because I had a dream the other day that I had to fight to win her, lol

[color=blue]After The War is a black weanling by Tiznow-You Little Beauty, by Closing Time. Tiznow’s not the greatest sire but his horses have always done well enough for me so I like to buy 'em up for cheap when I can. He was $1k.

Waiting on one more horse.

Was going to get one or two, came home with 5… Typical  ::)

[color=red]One More Chance - $25,500 - 7yo Broodmare by Lonesome Glory (S) and out of reine-de-course mare Gimme A Chance (G). She is SP and 1/2 to NCh. Gimme A Shot and WCh. Dreamboat. She will be visiting my stally Sunday Paper

[color=red]Dressed To Impress - $27,000 - 4yo racehorse - She was my most expensive purchase and was purchased for her bloodlines. She is SP but hasn’t been all that interested in running lately… By No Duplicate (G) and out of GCh. Make An Impression (G) she is 1/2 to WCh. Express Yourself and numerous other MSWs. I will race her the rest of the year and retire her to brood next year.

[color=red]Classy Broad - $1000 - 2yo filly by NCh. Broad Account and out of GCh. Lonesome Lover. Broad Account’s foals are still young, I think they will likely be late bloomers. Classy Broad’s dam was a fantastic runner but didn’t really start running until 3-5 years. I think this filly will explode in the next year or so.

[color=red]Daisy Duke - $1000 - Adorable yearling by FFCh. High Chances and out of Ch. General Lee’s Girl. High Chance’s stud fee alone make this yearling a very good buy!

[color=blue]Paddy Wagon - $1000 - Couldn’t resist this name! My only colt purchase that I got for an absolute steal. By NCh. Yes It’s Paddy who’s still a young stally who’s foals have alot of potential. He is out of Ch. Celtic Princess (G) making him 1/2 to ICh. Celtic Glory, GCh. War Engine, and Ch. Celtic Knot. How did I get him so cheap??

Congrats Shanthi on Wales!

I probably shouldn’t have, but picked up 3 that were hard to resist. They all came home for 1k apiece.

[color=red]Ch. The Fire Rose is a MSP create broodmare with 2 speed records on two different surfaces. She just has a weanling on the ground, and we’re trying to decide who to send her to. [color=red]Uninspired is a create 3yo filly who has hit the board 18/26 times including 8/10 this year. Massive dapple gray I couldn’t say no to. And originally unnamed, [color=blue]Sherlocked is a weanling son of Rock of Gibraltar (S) out of SW Mark of Time whose oldest foal is an unraced 2yo.

I went into the auction planning to look for strong broods/future broods…then realized that the stallion, [color=blue]Sleipnir, was available.  Since our first stallion, Witness, retired unexpectedly this season, and two of our three stud-qualified racers look like they want to keep running in the spring, I figured we could use such a quality addition to our lineup.  I’ve had good success with my first colt from him - MSW/MSP Ch. Laevateinn.  I think he’s really got a lot of potential, much like V is for Victory.  They are currently about the same rating, with about the same number of foals on the ground, so it will be interesting to see how they compare in a few years. It also looks like our boy, Ducati, is likely to join them next spring, so next breeding season should be fun.  :slight_smile:

After I won the bid on Sleipnir, I still had the option to spend a whopping $1k, so I decided to browse the broods/future broods category for ladies with no bids.  I saw a couple of the quality I was seeking, but ultimately chose [color=red]Wrapped Around - a created mare with two speed records at age 3, at 8.5f and 6f.  In addition, she’s in foal to Dr. Evil, so if all goes well, I will really have gotten THREE horses at the mixed auction…

Good luck with him! I toyed with the idea of buying him since I bred him, but I’ve got enough studs to manage. I hope he does well for you. :slight_smile:

I’ve raised the limit to 10 horses, plus extended the auction until Monday (because I meant to change the limit a couple of days ago :wink:).

Happy bidding!