2018 2yo Auction Horses Consigned

FF has consigned horses to the 2018 Annual 2yo Auction.  :slight_smile:  Bidding will start on March 15.

Shanthi, you weren’t supposed to remind me. I don’t need more pretty ponies…

Gah! I totally forgot about this auction… So many lovely horses :smiley:

Thank goodness I’m on a tight budget!

Ended up with the one I wanted - Camlaan - AP Indy X Avalon - half to my Msw Antique Mystique :slight_smile:

I totally forgot :smiley: but picked one I like, and got her really cheap.

[color=red]A Sweet Melody - 16.1h black filly by Octagonal, out of Ch. Political Affairs (NCh. Diplomat). Her dam ran 52 races injury-free and placed or showed in stakes races of all grades, dirt and turf. Granddam produced GCh. Snowflake, a multiple stakes winner with four speed records on turf.
A Sweet Melody seems mature already, although her birthday was just yesterday!

And I got her for only $1,000. :slight_smile:

Came home with 5 for $1000 a piece.

[color=blue]Knights Victory (V is for Victory x NCh Nights Over). First foal. Dam is a multiple Eclipse award winner. July baby so likely to be a late starter as both parents were most effective from 3 years onwards.

[color=red]Give Me A Shot (Point Given x Last Shot) Eldest half sibling is GCh Hot Nurse.

[color=red]Prospective Heart (Mr Prospective x Key To My Heart). Half to several stakes level performers. Sire is silver ranked from a small first crop.

[color=red]Magician (Holy Bull x MysteriousStarlet). First foal for MSP dam, career highlight was placing in the BC Filly and Made Turf.

[color=red]Tatyana (Lasting Spirit x Hit The Park). First foal for SW, MSP dam. Both parents are jumpers so could be another late starter.

There were two who really caught my eye, and those two came home!

[color=red]Dixie Dance, 15.1hh dark gray. First crop by GCh. Dixie Time out of Dancer’s Melody, who hit the board 15/19 times, and set 2 speed records. She caught my eye because her damsire is Danzig (G) and I don’t have any Dixie Time kids. Bought for 1k.

[color=blue]Hollywood Fire, 15.0hh black. By FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (S) out of Emberinthefire (S), by Distinct Possibili (S). He’s half to MSW Ch. Emberella and SP AP In the Fire. Bought for 3k.

I didn’t even notice Give Me a Shot, and now I’m sad because I own Hot Nurse and that makes me sad, haha. I’ll just have to stalk her. I might go through the leftovers in a few days, but I’m pretty happy with just buying these two.

[color=red]Canary Yellow, her dam placed in 7 of 10 starts and she’s by NCh Gimme A Shot.  She should mature a little late but for $1,000 she’s a steal.

[color=red]Candy Corn, 15.3h strawberry roan.  Her dam was stakes placed and she’s by Point Given.

[color=blue]Doctor Doolittle, 15.0h bay colt.  Out of silver ranked CH Shesamazing and by Mr. Prospective.  I paid $18,000 for him so I hope he does something.

[color=blue]Shadow Boxer, another one expected to mature late.  His dam, CH Whirling Dervish, was quite good at 4.  He is by Tottenham Hotspur. 

Caved and brought home one more for 1k.

[color=blue]Smoked Out, 15.3hh black. By Ch. Rumor Has It (B) out of Ch. Tango Red, by Crimson Lad (S). Dam was MSP with earnings of $288,350 and hit the board 27/35 times. The dam is also a half-sister to Ch. Chase The Wind (G). Smoked Out is her oldest foal.

Found one who really caught my eye.

[color=blue]King of Glen is a 15.3hh colt by ICh. Long Live The King x Lady Of The Glen. Dam wasn’t run until 5 years old and placed first in the two starts she had that year, so hoping for a good, solid runner.

Bidding ends today - I’ve upped the limit to 10 horses per stable.

Added another three, all for $1000 each.

[color=red]Sabine (Clockstopper x Bright Halo) Dam MSP, sire has a small first crop of 6 foals - 3 winners and 3 placed.

[color=red]Bay Beauty (Oscillation x Wicked Livy). First foal for MSW, MSP dam. Sire did quite well with his earlier crops. Should earn back her purchase price.

[color=red]Vaishya (Sneak Peek x Lastthingonmylist).  First foal for MSP dam. Shares a grandam with our earlier purchase Give Me A Shot. Quite small, likely to be a late starter.