2017 Horses Consigned

This was done via a script, so any requests for specific horses to be added were not handled. Eventually, the beta will allow you to request a horse be considered for consignment, which the script will take into account.

Reserves were done via a very basic calculation, so don’t read too much into them. (And if any are super off, I’ll tweak them manually.)

Enjoy!

Oh gosh, I’m scared to look!!

But how can I resist? Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, what I find scary is the fact that, while there is the usual 5 horse purchased limit, the $100,000 maximum spending limit that is usually associated with these Annual Auctions has been removed. Does this mean that the reserves are higher than normal, or is it just to make the auction more interesting?

Either way, I have my eyes on quite a few of the horses consigned (more than 5) so will have to rank them in order of preference and decide on my Maximums for each of them.

That’s the whole point of the select auction - stakes quality horses at whatever prices the market deems fair. :wink:  >:D

So many tempting horses! I just hope I can afford a few without overspending too much… Especially some of those drool worthy broodmares. :slight_smile:

The select auction has no limit hence SELECT in the title, I’ve bought some awesome broods in the past here, horses in this action have special breeding, stakes quality, high rankings etc. I can’t afford this yr so consigned one very RARE blooded filly and a Slew OScots colt I had specially bred

I’ve seen ponies go for several million at these auctions. Granted, it’s a buyer’s market this year, so I think prices may be a bit lower than usual. Generally I’ve had to pay at least 250k for a nice broodmare. 100k for racehorses.

This will be interesting :slight_smile:

Been looking at past year’s bragposts, and I have an awesome tendency to strike out (i.e. pay high prices for ponies that turn out to be duds.) Maybe I should just sit this one out?

Is your willpower that strong? :stuck_out_tongue:
Mine isn’t.

My only saving grace will be my fear of spending large sums. The reserves are typically enough to scare me off, but I have my eye on a few already without even digging too deeply.

For newbies and people without deep pockets, the racers and especially young stock tend to be the most easily affordable. I’ve had good luck that way.

I want just three, but they might be expensive :wink: at least one of them would make me happy too!

As there are still 70+ horses available, I’ve upped the purchase limit to 7 horses per stable.

Happy bidding!

I have tried to bid on a couple of other horses but, when I click on the Bid button, the horses Bid History screen comes up but there is nowhere to place my bid (I have already won 5 horses in this Auction).

BTW - Is there any chance you might consider lowering the Reserves on those that are still left? I realize that you will have to be careful with this as there are a couple of stables who have bid on a number of horses whose Reserves haven’t been met so have gone on to bid on other horses. If you did a generic across the board reduction on Reserve prices, they could end up winning more than 7 horses. Maybe if you did reduce the Reserves for all the horses remaining that either haven’t been bid on or that have been bid on but the bids haven’t met their Reserves (obviously the Reserve won’t matter if the high bid on a horse is more than its Reserve), you could also remove all bids on those that haven’t met their Reserves yet.

Sorry, just fixed that - accidentally increased the Foal Auction horse limit, not the Select Auction.

If you have any specific horses that you feel have reserves that are too high, feel free to point them out. I’m not just going to blanket lower the reserves to save money though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks. It doesn’t matter to me about the Reserves as my bids on the 2 additional horses have both met their Reserves.

I’ve extended the auction another week (forgot that it usually runs for 2 weeks as the bids last 24 hours), and increased the limit to 10.

Happy bidding/buying!