2016 Horses Consigned

Done via random-selection from the database, but everyone should either be stakes quality themselves, or their dam was stakes quality, or they have a half-sibling who’s stakes quality.

Still need to do reserves.

Bidding starts September 1.

Dare I look? There’s always some to tempt me lol.

I haven’t even looked yet myself. :wink: I have one consigned so technically I could come home with 1 and still “break even” on number of ponies, but I already have 1 on my shopping list. So, really shouldn’t look for more. :stuck_out_tongue: But I know I will.

Well I had one from the initial ones that were up, I definitely see another couple now :stuck_out_tongue:

I took out 3 horses who had half-siblings in the auction (I thought my random list pre-screened for that).

There is still one pair of half-siblings consigned (Majestic Light and Dynamic Seven), but I’m leaving them in as 1) one is consigned by a private stable 2) they’re 10 years apart in age.

Nooooooo, more ponies!  And I see a couple.  I also see a gelding I bred, and sold in there! Kinda cool one of my babies made the select auction (he’s not a baby now though) :slight_smile:

I’ve already got some ponies that I really should sell so going to try and keep spending levels low. Always seem attracted to the expensive one’s though lol

I really hope my horses start winning everything in site between now and September 1st, but I don’t see this happening, haha. I do have one consigned, so hopefully she’ll at least hit her reserve! (and keep going!). Some part of me hopes bidding for everything will get so insane I won’t bother.

Ok, just looked, and there’s a yearling I really, really want. Aaaah.

I was hoping I’m Outrageous would make it in there… I REALLY wanted a chance to bid on her and get her back in our barn  :wink:  lol

I saw 2 mares I’d like due to bloodlines hen noticed they’re gold, way out of my reach!

You might get a run for your money, Lindsay, if she is. :wink:

What bloodlines are really desirable? I know the ones I look for either are hard to find hidden gems, or wll know grand dam lines. (broods)

I’m planning on adding a function in the rewrite so that you can request horses (owned by FF) be put in auctions. It won’t guarantee anything, but at least would give a better chance than the database selecting 60 random broodmares from a list of 350+.

Wow, I’m becoming picky! Found just one filly that I’d like to buy  ;D hope she’ll not ruin my budget anyway.

Would love to have the son of my retired stud(killing time), I’m sure his price will go out of budget quickly though as studs usually do.
:frowning:
Would love love love to oWn darling evil!! She’s 2002, had 10 foals only 2 are boys (G), and I own 3 of her fillies!  I have good luck with the bloodline. :slight_smile:
She’s not in foal this yr. :frowning:

This could be very dangerous lol

My script ignored any broodmares who were 1) 2006 or older (not much point in spending big bucks on a mare who’ll only produce a couple more foals) and/or 2) not in foal

There is no solid guideline. I’m partial to certain lines because they have run well for me. Your best bet of getting a good return on investment is at the mixed or foal auction. It is incredibly rare for a select auction purchase–at least in my experience–to break even.

I have had some luck–Long Live the King was a $350k purchase that worked out. But I have had far more awesome runners come out of the foal auction.

I have a select auction dud, we won’t go there. Lol. I think I tend to do good with female lines but not much luck with the males. I try to avoid the more expensive horses now. I would love to have the luck some people have with making studs out of thir boys! 7 yrs and still trying! :slight_smile:
I can get fillies to GCh. :slight_smile:

Likewise. I tend to shop for bloodlines that I don’t have in my barn, or ones that work particularly well for me.

This, too. Pretty much all the racehorses/babies I’ve bought in the select auction haven’t earned back their purchase price. (Still have a 2yo from last year’s auction to try out.) I mainly stick with broodmares, who have tended to earn their keep eventually, through nice foals.