2015 How'd You Do?

Well I only wanted to add one and I got my first preference!

[color=red]GUNS AND ROSES joins Vaucluse Farms for a relative bargain of $100,000 given her breeding. She’s currently standing at 14.0h and is an April foal so should grow some more. Her sire is ICh. GUNNINGDOWNROMANCE who’s first lot of progeny ran this year with some okay results. Her dam is ROSEBUD who is Gold-rated and the dam of ICh. WHAT’S YOUR POINT, CH. PRIMROSE and CH. GIANT’S START. Hopefully this filly does well on the track!

I tried to get her but was quickly left behind,lol

She was one of my choices… good luck with her Jase…

Well this is the most expensive horse that Clicker Lab bought so far, so I’m going to elaborate  ;D

[color=red]Hadriana - we bought her for $100,000 although there was no other bidder, so maybe we could get her for $1,000 as well :stuck_out_tongue: or at least cheaper. But well, at least she joined the herd quickly. She is by NCh. The Fighting Fifty (B), and I’m slowly becoming a big fan of him, as he’s promising speedy runners on both dirt and turf and he’s still cheap :wink:
We will have his foal in 2016 from Noisy Nancy and we will breed Golden Moon and Omaroo to him.
But back to Hadriana. Her dam Fleet Queen ran very well at the age of three and four, and she was not far from a Champion title. Hadriana is her first foal, but both her parents are silver ranked, one of them being a real-life stallion.
The name Hadriana is after my friend’s horse. She’s a warmblood, also dark bay but with a star, living as a family horse and doing some classical dressage just for fun.
Our filly is already 16.0h tall although she was born in April. She will probably be at her best as a 3yo and 4yo, but her sire was also great at the age of two.

Two for me and $1,000 each. Despite money problems I figured I needed some two year olds next year
[color=red]Madear (King David X Ocean’s Finest)
[color=red]Cal Sweet

Came home with 5 for $36,000.

[color=blue]Passport Dark Continent ex Moving You Over (Moonover Boy)
Weanling, first foal. Dam was stakes placed, half sister to several stakes level performers. Bred on the same sire/BM sire cross as SW, SP 2yo Pride Lands.

[color=red]Naivety Stressed ex Blind Justice (S) (created)
Weanling. Half to several stakes level performers. Dam has produced a MSP by Stressed’s sire, Secretariat.

[color=red]Raising Keene Harvard Bound ex Creamy Prospect (B) (Mr Prospector)
Yearling. Dam has three foals to race, all MW, MP. From the family of the Gold ranked broodmare Cream of The Crop. New lines for us.

[color=red]Play It Up Point Given ex Buildabettertown (created)
Weanling, first foal. Dam didn’t hit the track until she was four. She had a very consistent season at allowance level before improving to win a grade 1 at five. Was also stakes placed at Grade 1 level as a 6yo.

[color=red]Jauntiest The Fighting Fifty ex Amazon (Crimson Lad)
Weanling. Dam is MSW, MSP and has produced MSW, MSP Amazonian Spirit with her first foal this year. Totally new lines for us so quite excited to see how she’ll do.

Two colts for $1,000 apiece.

Across the Sea, Tiznow - Across the Stars, by Cross Roads. Nice dark bay colt. Sire isn’t the greatest (unlike the real life stallion, sigh), but I do own a promising half-brother to the colt’s dam.

I Will Return, Call To War - Yours Truly, by Kentucky Summer. Only bought this chestnut bugger because I have high hopes for the Man O’War line.

Wasn’t going to bid but the chance to pick her up for $1K was too much.

Many Many Sweets - Yearling filly by Harvard Bound and out of Sweet and Ready.
We raced her half-sister early this year but she was claimed in her maiden breaking run. When we saw her we knew we needed to bring her home. Not sure what to expect out of her, she should be best at 3 though.

Picked up one.  Waiting for another to close.

Calistar’s Star (Holy Bull x NCh. Dixie Double) is a HUGE weanling at 14.0hh. Parents are only 16.0hhish, so she’ll probably have a nice 2yo season.  Dam, in addition to being a MSW is 1/2 to my failed stud-prospect Ch. Chicken. So, you know, sentimental reasons.  =)

Shout-out to Generous.  Good luck with the DC colt. =)

Thanks. He’s quite a handsome little chap, I’m looking forward to getting him to the track eventually :slight_smile:

Well due to a couple that always go after the same horses,  i have bad luck,Or Good Taste,!lol, I have managed to get these ones so far. For a
$1,000, I  got her for her sirelines. ( I wanted yrlgs but think i ended up losing all but  Weanlings) most names were changed in part or all.

[color=red]Total Domination a nice black 14.2 weanling filly
by ICh. Alley Cat (B) (Alydar (S) x Ch. Highland Dreamer (G))
Out of-Sage Liquor (Created x Created)
I love the Highland Dreamer bloodline so this made me pick her.

Added another aquisition for &1,000
[color=blue]Peta Nacona  - a grey 13.3h weanling colt
By-FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (B)(What’s It Worth (G) x Hollywood Queen (G))
Out of-Cherokee Freedom (Created x Created)
I own a 2yo I bred from this stud with both gold ranked grand Dam/sire reine de course,chef de race, I wanted this boy.

Added another for just a$1,000, waiting on  more that still have several hours.
[color=blue]Total Eclipse- dark bay colt standing 13.0h born in may
By-GCh. My Lucky Day (S) (NCh. Lucky Cigar(S) x Miss Hayday (G))
Out of-Iridescence (Created x Created)
I wanted this guy due to not only the success of his sire already but with the Hayday line and back to cigar there’s lots of talent, reine de course/chef de race

Added another for $15,500

[color=blue]Twilight Zone ,12.3G light bay colt
By -FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (B)(What’s It Worth (G) x Hollywood Queen (G))
Out of-Natural Disaster (S) (Created x Created)
Another Hollywood foal ,this guy is 1/2 to Ch.I Will Survive and Ch.Natural Luck. I have both a 2 & 3 yo racing and seems the older one is running better so peak might come at 3/4, don’t know why but just really like this stud.

So far I’ve picked up 4 for $14,000 with a bid still going on a 5th. Lost out on most of my top choices, but I’m still quite happy with what I’ve taken home so far (and at a great steal!).

[color=red]Ominous Skies [War Chant (B) x CH. Yes It’s Storming) was our lone weanling acquisition. I typically only go for yearlings but I really, really liked her. She’s a 13.2hh black weanling and the second foal out of MSW Yes It’s Storming. Got her for $6,500.

[color=blue]Akram [WCH. King David (B) x Keeta (B), by Easy Street (B)] is a 16.0hh chestnut yearling colt, so we’re hoping for lots of nice things at 2! He’s half to MSW CH. Marble Man and Veritas, who has finished off the board only 7 times in 22 starts. We also liked adding in slightly new blood with Easy Street. Picked him up for $1,000.

[color=blue]Garibi [GCH. Harvard Bound (B) x Silver Eclipse (S)] is a 15.1hh black yearling colt. He’s half to SW CH. Wrapped in Silver and two other winners. Also picked him up for $1,000.

Finally we have [color=red]Valais [NCH. Gone Haywire (B) x Natural Disaster (S)], originally named All Systems Go. Considering her sire unfortunately retired young, we were especially happy to get her. She’s half to two SW, four SP, and 9 of her 10 racing siblings have won. Picked her up for $6,500.

Just as an FYI, her older sister Barely Black showed a lot of talent as a 2yo, but ended up breaking her leg.  I’m sure Valais is probably much sounder, but I’d baby her a bit all the same.  Good luck!

I might be changing names on some of mine also

Once I was outbid on the 5th horses, I forced myself not to go after her, haha. I got 4 for 15k and should be happy with that alone!

Cricket Hill - Barely Black had a GREAT 2yo career! Too bad she broke her leg. I also noticed that Valais has an older half-sister who has been doing pretty well as a broodmare, so at least she can be a prospect as well!

So far I’ve come home with 3, waiting for one more :slight_smile:

[color=red]Nanny Ogg
[GCh. Harvard Bound (b) x Grannies Cognac (G)]
I picked her up for $52,500 after a bit of a bidding war with Marshall Creek. I picked her up because off her dam’s stats. Nanny is 1/2 to MSW  GCh. Undun Image and Ch. Bold Bourbon. Her sire has a mix of runners, some running quite well, others flopping.

[color=red]I’m Not Alone
[A.P. Indy (S) x Out and About (S)]
I picked her up for $20,500 which I think is a steal considering the breeding costs to A.P Indy, and who doesn’t love an Indy baby? Her dam is pretty decent too producing some nice runners like Ch. My Little Girl and Ch. Homecoming.

[color=blue]War Axe
[Rock of Gibraltar x Berthas Bikini (S)]
I picked him up for $20,500 mainly because I am interested to see how Rock Of Gibralter’s foals will run. I’m excited to be a part of his first running crop. War Axe’s dam produced a few great runners but one outstanding runner, NCh. Unique Opportunity. Here’s hoping War Axe can follow Unique Opportunities footprints!

Got the last one I had bid on cost me $50,500 ,but he has great bloodlines
Changed name to…
[color=blue]Hpt Blooded- a nice dark bay colt,born in may ,12.1h
By-ICh. Candidate (S) (What’s It Worth (G) x Dark Magic (G))
Out of-Indy Fashion Flair (A.P. Indy (S) x A Certain Flair (S))(Seattle Slew(S)
His sire has produced several winner/MSW runners is ranked silver 7.0,and of course his grand sire needs no intro has produced many winner/MSW, and Is ranked Gold 10.9 chef de race,his granddam has produced all winner/MSW foals and is Ranked Gold 8.3.
His dam Has only 3 foals so far and her first runner unplaced as of yet,but his grand sire needs no intro being Silver 7.0 with many winner/MSW foals, his grand dam was created,but his great grand sire is Seattle slew, silver 6.3,and chef de race.
No famous siblings yet but through bloodlines is related to many champions!
We are hoping for a monster on the track with this guy, will be getting a new name shortly.

Four pretty great colts for $40K! Not too shabby.  :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Fact or Fiction is by [color=blue]Government Secret and a dam who was not a very consistent runner, but whose one running foal is stakes placed as a 2YO. We’re rolling the dice and hoping he’ll follow suit!

[color=blue]Thirteen Colonies is by [color=blue]Simply Heroic and a bronze-ranked mare. Three out of his nine running siblings are Champion ranked. Fingers crossed.

[color=blue]Townsend Magician is by [color=blue]Mr. Townsend out of [color=red]Is She Kinda Magic, who are both Silver-rated.

[color=blue]Jet West is by [color=blue]Lasting Spirit out of a created mare. He was our official “why not” purchase.  :wink:

Although I originally had set my mind on not bidding on any of the foals this year my willpower was not what I thought it was. Only brought home weanling colts, but I’m pleased by the fact that I got them both for only $3,000.

[color=blue]Rare And Dangerous is by NCh. Call to War and out of A Rare Beauty. His dam has a coming 2yo so it should be nice to see how he does on the track next year as I wait for him to mature.
[color=blue]Prithu is by Holy Bull and out of Vegas Runner. His dam has two foals already on the track who are doing quite well so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he does well too.

I see some horses I wanted but lost out on. I wanted Valais, but completely forgot that the auction had started until she was already sold (and for a steal!). To say I’m disappointed in myself is an understatement, but fortunately there are more babies in the auction! I also wanted Guns And Roses, but seeing as how I wanted more than one horse, $100k was too much for me.

I did get one of my picks, [color=red]LuckBeALadyTonight, I won her for $41k. She’s by [color=blue]Moonopoly, out of [color=red]Lady Luck

I was aiming strictly for yearlings, but managed to get hooked by a weanling now renamed [color=blue]Clayton Grissom. I just realized I can’t remember what his name originally was. He’s by [color=blue]Octagonal, out of [color=red]Bringdownthehouse. I got him for $1,500.