2015 Foals

Thanks Holly!

Well  we’re getting our girls in bunches it seems. We have two more beautiful fillys as of this morning. Introducing -

[color=red]After The Rain
Crystal Rainbow x Glorified (Lonesome Glory)
2015 Filly
7.2 hands
I really need to start writing down expected due dates because I’m not sure if Glorified gave birth early or not. Either way, this girl is tiny! This is Glorified’s third foal, although none have raced yet so I’m still not sure what to expect. Hopefully she’ll follow her full sister, NCH Camelot’s example, and give me a MSW crossing my fingers

[color=red]Midsummer Dream
My Lucky Day x Summer Day (Kentucky Summer)
2015 Filly
9.2 Hands
This filly is nice and healthy and I had to take the opportunity to name her after one of my favorite Shakespeare plays. Summer Day is another unproven producer. She didn’t do much on the track but I like her relatively obscure bloodlines. Summer Day is also a half sister to Fleeting Beauty who is a gold producer with 3 MSW out of 6 racers. Again hoping for similar success (one can hope lol)!

Love your names! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Well after the boys jumped out to a quick lead we’re now all tied up with 4 colts and 4 fillies.

[color=red]Office Affair
Secretary x Somebodylovesme
2015 Filly
8.2 hands
This filly’s name was inspired by one of my favorite TV shows, Mad Men, and it seemed to tie in nicely with Mom and Dad. This is our first foal by Secretary, and is Somebodylovesme’s second baby. She is a create who did decently on the track and who I probably retired a bit too early, but hopefully she’ll produce some nice runners.

Well we had a bit of a baby lull for awhile and lost one along the way, but we got a healthy big filly tonight who is one of Rahy’s last babies. We’re very excited to have her.

[color=red]A Guiding Star
Rahy x December Lights (Boldness Shows)
2015 Filly
10.0 Hands
Bay
4 left to go!

Oh and if anyone has any suggestions/shameless plugs for a stallion I could breed December Lights to, I’d love to hear them. Thanks!

Congrats on a nice healthy filly.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Our first ever broodmare gave birth to a healthy colt last night.

[color=blue]Grand Slam Bite The Bullet
Secretary x Shameka
2015 Colt
8.2 hands
Light Bay
Since baseball season is starting I felt this name was appropriate although I was surprised it wasn’t taken! Mom will be sent to Doodles for her 2016 foal.

Sorry, but Grand Slam was a (real) stakes winning racehorse, so the name isn’t allowed. Cute colt, though. :slight_smile:

Dang it, knew it was too good to be true. Oh well I have a back up name.

Our last two mares finally foaled. They were both early and we had a scare thinking both foals were stillborn. Luckily one pulled through and one healthy foal is certainly better than loosing two. Sadly Harvest Moon lost her Point Given baby. She’s being sent to Carrowmore and were very excited about that cross.

Our other mare Derby Appeal gave birth to a Ring of Fire colt. This was our second time breeding her to Ring Of Fire as her 2014 colt by him didn’t make it. We’re happy (and quite relieved) to finally introduce:

[color=blue][b]Streets Of Laredo
Ring of Fire x Derby Appeal
2015 Colt
Black
8.1 Hands

Derby Appeal will be sent to V is for Victory for 2016.

Congrats on a healthy ROF baby. :slight_smile: Sorry to hear about your other foal.