2015 2YO Auction: How'd you do?

My first FF auction and…WOW. Three well bred fillies for $1,000 apeice. Where were all the big stables who have huge funds? Well, without furthur ado. Introducing;

[color=red]Unbridled Run (Strider x Unbridled Passion (Unbridled))
15.0hh Strawberry Roan filly
I bought this one because of her Sire’s name. As you might have guessed, I’m a LOTR fan.
Not sure when she’ll start, because she’s an endurance horse by blood and there are only sprints. She’s the youngest of the trio… Look out for her next year though.

[color=red]American Dance (Almost Home x Northern Sister (Northern Slew))
16.1hh Bay filly
This girl is greatgranddaughter to Seattle Slew! She’s a January foal and pretty much at full height now. Look out for her in April in either sprints or classics, I’m hoping she’ll be my main moneybringer this year.

[color=red]Snowy Range (War Chant x World War III (War Admiral))
14.1hh Bay filly
The baby of the lot. She’s got good lines though so hopefully her 3yo season will be brilliant. Again, like American Dance, she’s a sprint/classic girl… when she’s grown into them

PS Anyone got any comments/pointers for these three?

Personally, I have 50 2yos already. :wink: I purposefully didn’t look at what went into the auction because I hoard enough as it is.

Congrats on your new babies, and good luck with them!

I had my eye on a Point Given filly which I lost out on. Bidding on a Rahy filly now. I’m a bit like Shanthi though - I’ve already got 20 2YOs. I have trouble running a big stable of racers…

Got 3/5 so far! and probably the least amount i’ve ever spent at an auction!

[color=blue]Amjaad (Diplomat x I’m Awesome (Awesome Again))
16.1h Bay Colt
Half-sibling to my SW mare Ch. Awesome Moon. Got him for only $15,000 and looks to be my most expensive purchase.

[color=red]Passadina (Created x Rose Won)
14.2h Chestnut Filly
Wanted to get some more fillys and she’s looked so cute. She is her dam’s second foal and hopefully she will be a winner like her sister. Got her for only $1,000.

[color=red]Recoognizable (Created x Soul Action)
14.2 Chestnut Filly
I got her because well I liked her name and her moms name really :stuck_out_tongue:. Hopefully she gets a bit bigger since she is a Feb baby but her mom is only 14.3h so she wont get too big. Got her for only $1,000.

Picked up three for $25000, much less than I usually spend  :smiley:

[color=blue]I Slew You Slew O’Scots x PS I Love You (Gone Haywire). Dam only won one race but has produced two MW,MP horses from her first two foals. A January baby he should be ready to make his debut fairly soon.

[color=red]Golden Spirit Lasting Spirit x Alygold (Alydar). Another January baby, first foal for mum and from dad’s first crop so a bit of an unknown quantity. Again dam only won one race but that was a stakes win and she’s a half sister to the Point Given filly Jason was after - the granddam Heart of Gold has a very good production record so here’s hoping.

[color=red]Surreptitious Secretary x Firebrand (Point Given). Second living foal, half-sister placed once in three starts. Dam is a SW and half sister to Ch Turn’n’Burn and Ch Secret Flame. Bred on quite similar lines to Secret Flame (by Secretary’s sire Secretariat). Hopefully this filly might show some of the family talent  :slight_smile:

All in all, pretty pleased with the new additions, making a total of nine 2yos this year.

Same as Shanthi–too many 2yos to contemplate (sanely) buying any more.  So, sitting this one out and plotting evilly for the select auction in September, or whenever it is.

I’ve picked up 3/4 so far, including one I really wanted. Cheap spending is good spending! :smiley:

[color=red]Chasqui Mistress (Mr. Townsend x Chasqui Gold). I’ve always like the Mr. Townsends, especially the fillies, so I was quite happy to get this girl for 5.5k. Her dam is still pretty unproven, with just 4 foals of racing age but only two having raced.

[color=red]Strike the Cause (Giant’s Causeway x Venus Strikes, by Planet Hollywood). How could we resist a Giant’s Causeway filly for just 1k?! Her dam has produced 2 winners from 2 starts, so we’re excited to see how she does for us.

[color=red]Ordinarily Yours (King David x Red Diamonds, by Redwood Prince). One of the 4 horses we originally had our eyes on. The rest went out of our price range, so getting her for 1k was a nice compensation. She’s half to MSW Dance to My Lou and we were excited to get some Redwood Prince into our herd.

Yay cheap spending!

We already have a herd of 2YOs (small stable, y’all) so we just made two initial bids on some decently bred horses and left. Next thing I know I’m signing two tickets and seeing off two more 2YOs back to our farm, XD

[color=red]Pink Slew is a small bay filly by Tiznow (B)-Sapphire Slew (B), by Northern Slew (B). We only picked her up because her granddam is the Gold-ranked A Diamond Jewel, the dam of, among other black-type horses, WCh. Crystal Rainbow. She’s $1k.

[color=blue]Wise Words is an even tinier dark bay colt but he has quite the quality breeding. By No Duplicate (S)-Meteor Shower (S), by Wonder’s Pride (B), he’s a half-brother to four black-type runners, including a stakes winner. We’re expecting good things from him. His ticket was for $12.5k.

And now we have twelve rambunctious 2YOs who aren’t making life any easier for our personal trainer. Joy.

We didn’t do too bad, bringing home three chestnuts with minimal white (wasn’t going for a theme, it just happened!)

[color=blue]Khoozam (Diplomat x Klondike Gold)
Standing 15.3hh, this chestnut colt still has some growing to do, as both his parents stand 17.1hh. He’s a July baby, so he won’t be seeing the races for awhile. I really like his dam- she’s produced a MSW, along with several MSP runners. Plus I love her name. Not a bad $2k purchase.

[color=red]Somebody Dear (Starzen x Revelation (x Sunday Silence))
This pretty little girl is 14.2hh and a June baby, so again it’ll be awhile before she sets foot on a racetrack. Really love her lines. Her maternal granddam is reine-de-course, and her maternal grandsire is chef-de-race. Her dam is fairly unproven as of yet, but I’m quite happy to have this girl for only $1k.

[color=blue]Tactician (Stressed x Lady Admiral (x War Admiral))
This boy’s dam is MSP, by a chef-de-race and out of a strong silver mare. Her only foal to race to is a multiple winner, so hopefully that bodes well. As a February baby, he’ll probably be seeing the racetrack earlier than some of his stablemates. At 14.3hh, he doesn’t look to have to much more growing to do, and we’re hoping he takes after his sire. At $33.5k, he cost a pretty penny, but I’m pretty excited about his prospects.

Got one so far, but still have bids in on two. :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Dual Honor
Diplomat (S) x Dry Your Tears (B)
Although his dam’s produce record isn’t spectacular, 4 of her 6 foals have been winners and one is stakes placed, so we’re hoping he can at least go in the right direction on the track. I’m pretty fond of Diplomat as a sire, so when this colt was sitting with no bids, we put $1000 down on him. Brought him home at that price tag. He’s a July foal who should end up pretty big, so he probably will not hit the track until late 2015.

I’ve picked up one colt so far from the auction and have a bid out on another…

[color=blue]Fighting the Blues is a nicely bred colt by NCh. The Fighting Fifty x Ch. Mood Ring. He’s a January baby and already almost full height so expect to see him on the track soon.

Didnt really need more but couldnt resist, had 18 in my stable and bought 3 more bringing my total to 21, 2 yos to drive the staff nuts.
first filly i got for $16,500 had to have her due to her sire
[color=red]In The Fast Lane a 15.0h black filly with minimal white born Jan2 ready to race soon,
shes by the late Cross Roads (Breeding Ranking: Sire: Silver (7.5) | Broodmare Sire: Silver (7.5)Chef-de-Race (I/C))
out of Brazen Success by silver ranked parents( Brazen Remark x Sudden Success)

[color=red]Cardinal Sin a bay filly with some white standing 15.2h, born on april fools day , will race a little later  got her for $10,500
shes by ICH.Highland Pride (S) (Highland Rogue *Breeding Ranking: Gold (9.8) | Broodmare Sire: Gold (9.8)Chef-de-Race (I/C) * x Created  )
out of Hellish Pleasure (B) by (Foolish Pleasure (S) 00- Hooligan(B)
shes the 3rd baby out of her dam , the first is a winner so we have high hopes for her due to the shot of Rogue Blood in there.

and last because i felt bad no body was bidding on him i got this guy for $1k
[color=red]Burnished Bronze a chestnut colt  with just a star and snip,standing 14.2h born march 3, so should race soon.
he is By of Created (created x created)
out of Black Magic Lady (created x created)
no foals racing yet by his dam , so its a wait and see, but i am a sucker for a cute face. His dam stands only 14.3 so he is probably not going to get much taller.

so i spent much less than i usually do , and have some new cuties to play with.

I tried to not spend much time looking at ponies in the auction, but couldn’t resist throwing in some bids on a couple of “steals”, by my definition.  I wound up bringing 2 “stars” home - unintentionally!

First, a filly, [color=red]SHOOTFORTHESTARS, is a dainty little June baby who won’t be running anytime soon, at this rate.  Her sire forgot to sign the birth certificate, so who knows what she’s got from that side.  But mom is a chamption-titled, stakes winning, multi-stakes placed mare (Gr.2) and speed record holder.

Second, a colt, [color=blue]STARSEEKER, is also a bit on the small side, being a July baby.  However, he is sired by silver-rated NCh. Starz ‘n’ Stripes, and is out of a stakes-placed (Gr.3) daughter of Planet Hollywood (S).

And at $18k for the pair, I think I made out well!

Every year I tell myself I don’t need more 2yo’s and every year I keep buying! :stuck_out_tongue:

Came home with 4, spent $33.5k, most of it on the one with a pedigree, the rest are creates. I haven’t bought a created one in awhile and those are the ones who usually run the best so why not eh?

[color=red]Lady Maddow is a 15.1hh dark bay filly.

[color=red]Twirl Top is a 16hh chestnut filly.

[color=red]Ethelian is a 14.3hh blood bay filly.

[color=blue]Serious Spender is a 16.1hh grey colt by Rahy (G) out of Silver Story (B) by Silver Legend. Rahy is hot right now so we’re trying to get a hold of any of his foals we can.

Well I have too many horses so I wasn’t even going to look at the auction… and then I did… and I thought i’ll just bid once on some of them and i came home with 5!!!
A couple were real bargains
Adored  15.3 filly by Alley Cat x Stormy Subject and is half to 3  x Ch 1 x NCh and 1 x GCh and all for $1,000!

Wild Invader 15.3 colt by Boldness Shows x Wildflower. He is half to 2 x Ch and 2 x GCh another bargain for $1,000

Scarlett Bow, Splasher and Cavernous are all created but I liked their names and only one had another bid on so I got all 5 for  just$8,400 - well pleased!