2014 Oakwood Farm Stallion Roster - *First Winner for ICh. Candidate!*

New for 2014, NCh. Yes It’s Paddy! And now we are very excited to announce we will be standing ICh. Sleipnir for 2014!

ICh. Sleipnir:

On The Track:
Sleipnir would be what you would call an early bloomer on the track. In his 4th start as a 2yo he broke his maiden on the dirt. Three starts later he hit his stride and wired the field in the GI Blue Diamond Stakes (Turf). He then went on for the rest of the year to win the GI Hopeful, the GI Champagne, the GII Planet Hollywood Breeder’s Stakes, the GIII Nasua Stakes, and the Ungraded Sleepy Hollow. He also earned the eclipse award for 2yo Colt of the Year. As a 3yo, Sleipnir was 3rd in the GI Kentucky Derby, won the GI Preakness and finished 2nd in the GI Belmont. After the Belmont he beat older horses in the GI Suburban Handicap. By the time he turned four years old we could tell Sleipnir wasn’t the same horse as he was when he was a 2yo. Despite this, he did win the Ungraded Empire Classic and was consistently in the money against graded company. This year he is still winless and most likely past his prime but he still does show that he can run with the best of them, finishing 2nd in both the GII Del Mar Handicap and the GI Vosburgh, both over fences. We are very excited that the stallion qualifications will be adjusted and that we can stand Sleipnir. If you are looking to add precocity to your mares, Sleipnir is the boy for you. Sleipnir will be the third Lucky Cigar son to stand at stud. His other two sons have been lightly used (and underused) in the shed but are producing some nice horses. Sleipnir is the most accomplished of the three and we are very hopeful he will show quite a bit of promise as a stallion.  

Lifetime Record: 75( 67 ) - 11( 9 ) - 13( 11 ) - 13( 13 ) - 9( 8 ) $4,823,900

2014 Fee (Breeder’s Cup Nominated): $1,000 LFG

Reservations:
February 1A: 28Days (Misty Lodge)  [color=blue]*
February 1B:
February 2A: Miss Edyta (Candi Cane Racing)  [color=blue]*
February 2B: Noplaceforamaiden (Black Storm West)  [color=blue]*
March 1A: Kill A Mockingbird (Oakwood Farm) [color=blue]*
March 1B: Sonny’s Blues (Battle Hill Farm)
March 2A: Baby Book (Oakwood Farms)  [color=blue]*
March 2B: Crimson Dahlia (Snowbird International)
March 3A: Dixie Love (Ivy Creek Farm)  [color=blue]*
March 3B: Moving Statement (Candi Cane Racing Stable)  [color=blue]*
April 1A: Wine Trick (Blue Ridge Farm)
April 1B: Salty Eyes (Seaside Stables)
April 2A: No Soup For You (SunStar Stables)  [color=blue]*
April 2B:  Quidnunc (Sunstar Stables)  [color=blue]*
May 1A: Royalle (Tall Oaks Farm)
May 1B:
May 2A: Cruisin For First (Mahogany Grove)
May 2B:
June 1A: Romance Me (Cricket Hill)
June 1B:
June 2A:
June 2B:
July 1A:
July 1B:
July 2A:
July 2B:
August 1A:
August 1B:
August 2A:
August 2B:

NCh. Yes It’s Paddy:

On The Track:
Yes It’s Paddy took a bit of time to get rolling, it took him 12 starts to break his maiden which he finally accomplished in his last start as a 2yo going 8 furlongs on the dirt. As a 3yo he went to Australia and won the GII MV Vase and later that year it was back to the states to win the Ungraded General Douglas MacArthur. At four Yes It’s Paddy seemed to finally hit his stride. He would go on to win the GI Woodward Stakes, GI The Black Breeder’s Stakes, GII Lonesome Glory Breeder’s Stakes, GIII Sports Page Stakes and the GIII Hanshin Cup. As a 5yo he had a great start to the year, winning the GI Donn Handicap, GII San Fernando Breeder’s Cup and the GII Strub Stakes.

While he may not have the most stellar career on record, Yes It’s Paddy has always been a hard knocking and consistent runner. He also has a created pedigree and would be great for anyone looking for new blood.

Lifetime Record: 70( 46 ) - 14( 11 ) - 9( 5 ) - 9( 8 ) - 7( 6 ) $2,537,500

2014 Fee (Breeder’s Cup Nominated): $1,000 LFG

Reservations:
February 1A: Debatable Issue (Battle Hill Farm) [color=blue]*
February 1B: Classic Hope (Sheldrake Racing) [color=blue]*
February 2A: Getthepartystarted (Kona Star Ranch) [color=blue]*
February 2B: Positivly Magic (Southern Cross TC) [color=blue]*
March 1A: Heart’s Longing (Sorreleaf Stables) [color=blue]*
March 1B: Hadhafang (Railbird Racing) [color=blue]*
March 2A: Daisy Doo (Cypress Farm) [color=blue]*
March 2B: Last Hope (Vaucluse Farm) [color=blue]*
March 3A: Flecha (Sorreleaf Stables) [color=blue]*
March 3B: Blueyesnlevis (Delta Ro)
April 1A: Dancing Forbidden (Rainee Thoroughbreds) [color=blue]*
April 1B:Soul Shaker (Oakwood)
April 2A: Dominion Jewel (Snowbird International)
April 2B:
May 1A:
May 1B:
May 2A:
May 2B:
June 1A:
June 1B:
June 2A:
June 2B:
July 1A:
July 1B:
July 2A:
July 2B:
August 1A:
August 1B:
August 2A:
August 2B:

ICh. Candidate:

On The Track:
It did not take long for Candidate to understand his job as a racehorse, win and win often. He ran twice as a 2yo, he didn’t show much in either of those starts. However his first start as a 3yo he broke his maiden in a 6f Dirt Allowance. He then went on toward the Derby trail, placing in the Ungraded Sham Stakes and the GI Fountain of Youth. His big break came in the GIII Derby Trial where he went gate to wire in dominating fashion. This sent him onto the GI Kentucky Derby where he once again stole the race from gate to wire. Later on in the year he went back to sprinting and once again stole the race on the front end in the GII Amsterdam Stakes. He then went on to win the GI Travers Stakes and later in the year the Ungraded Gallant Fox.

As a 4yo Candidate tried the turf and took a real liking to it winning the GI Epsom Handicap which prompted a trip to Dubai where took the GI Dubai Sheema Classic. During the summer he went back to the dirt and won the GII Brooklyn Handicap, the Ungraded Mike Lee Stakes, and GI Forego Stakes . For his last start of the year he returned to the turf and won the GI Doomben Cup.

Candidate came back as a 5yo and won the GII San Fernando Breeders Cup and GI Ranvet Stakes on the dirt and the Ungraded Aventura Stakes on the turf.

Candidate proved himself a truly versatile horse winning in distances for 6 furlongs to 1 1/2 miles and could run well on both dirt and turf. He won 7 GI’s, 4 GII’s, 1 GIII and 3 Ungraded Stakes in his career.

Lifetime Record: 61( 56 ) - 16( 15 ) - 8( 8 ) - 10( 8 ) - 8( 8 ) $5,970,000 948

In The Breeding Shed:
Candidate’s first crop will be 2yo’s in 2014.

Candidate has been given the best chance to succeed with yearlings from and mares in foal including stakes winners, dams of stakes winners, platinum ranked mares and gold ranked mares. Book to him now and get your Candidate foal before his foals hit the track and his fee goes up! [i]Candidate is also a 1/2 brother to Gold rated and succesful stallion, Highland Magic!

2014 Fee (Breeder’s Cup Nominated): $10,000 LFG ($5,000 For Newbies)

Reservations:
February 1A: Arwen’s Fate (Battle Hill Farm) [color=blue]*
February 1B: Clever Kisses (Gust O’Wind Farm) [color=blue]*
February 2A: Hawthorne Memory (Day Break Stables) [color=blue]*
February 2B: Forget Paris (Sheldrake Racing) [color=blue]*
March 1A: Sundae Surprise (Railbird Racing) [color=blue]*
March 1B: Egyptian Flower (The Grey Stable) [color=blue]*
March 2A: Pot O Gold (Blue Ridge Farm)
March 2B: Serilda (Southern Cross TC) [color=blue]*
March 3A: Sweet And Spicy (Rebellious Racers) [color=blue]*
March 3B: Ice Princess (Oakwood) [color=blue]*
April 1A: Make A Bid (Stillwater Farms) [color=blue]*
April 1B: Ricochet (Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds)
April 2A: Viva V (Silver Pond Farm)
April 2B:
May 1A: Brilliant Success (Vaucluse Farms)  [color=blue]*
May 1B: Moms Gift (Menelya)  [color=blue]*
May 2A:
May 2B:
June 1A:
June 1B:
June 2A: Indy Fashion Flair (Stormy Island)
June 2B:
July 1A:
July 1B:
July 2A:
July 2B:
August 1A:
August 1B:
August 2A:
August 2B:

Ooooh.

For Yes It’s Paddy: Can I get Flecha on March 3 and Heart’s Longing on March 1? Thanks.

I’d like to reserve a spot with Yes It’s Paddy for GetThePartyStarted on Feb. 2?  Thanks!

Can I grab an April 1 spot for Make A Bid with Candidate?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Oh could I get the Feb 1 spot to Yes It’s Paddy for Zippy Tune

and the Feb 1 spot to Candidate for Arwen’s Fate

Thanks
Dawn

Could I reserve Feb 2B to Yes It’s Paddy for Ch. Positivly Magic

Can I get the Feb 2B booking to Yes It’s Paddy for Classic hope and the Feb 2B booking to Candidate for Forget Paris.

Can I get a April 1A to Candidate for my mare Ricochet?

Argus, the Feb 2b spot was snatched up already, is there another date you want?

Maya, the April 1A is taken already, would the April 1B spot work for you?

Everybody else is set up!

Didn’t even notice, sure I’d take Feb 1A for Classic Hope if that’s ok.

Thanks

I goofed… forgot I consigned Zippy Tune to my auction coming up… can I change her out and breed. Ch. Debatable Issue to Yes It’s Paddy instead…

Thanks and sorry for the trouble…
Dawn

Yep that works, thanks :slight_smile:

Can I take Candidate’s MAR 2A spot for [color=red]Pot of Gold (Blue Ridge Farm)? Thanks!

Can I snag Candidate’s March 3A spot for Sweet And Spicy please?

Thanks!

Hi,

Can I snag a Feb 1 spot to Candidate for Clever Kisses please?

Thanks,
Deanna

Can I get Yes It’s Paddy March 1B spot for Hadhafang and Candidate’s March 1A spot for Sundae Surprise.

Drew

Can I please get Candidate’s April 2A spot for Viva V? Thanks!

Can I have Sleipnir’s May 1A booking for Royalle please? Thanks  :)

Could I have a June 1A spot with Sleipnir for Romance Me?  Thank you!

Can I get an APR 1A spot for Wine Trick to Sleipnir? Thanks!