2010 How'd Ya Do?

Thanks Jason ^^ I hope he turns out like Akhetnaten, and yes i am cool. I have a vast knowledge of useless information, and yes I agree the sheer size, and expensive interior design of their hotels makes me gape in awe.

anyway Shizuka Takara snagged a filly! Her reserve was low enough for me to afford with out beating myself to death over it.
[color=red]Makemeapromise (debating over a rename) by Romeo(B) out of Makemeamiracle(s). Nothing special about her i just wanted more girls. The current Geld/Colt to Mare/Filly Ratio is about 2 (1.8 so i rounded up) to 1. That’s to many “Dudes” for me… ::)

(edit: Makemeapromis was renamed [color=red]Merchant of Venice)

By “Geld/Colt to Mare/Filly Ratio is about 2” did you mean in your barn or on the game? Because in the game, there are 2833 fillies/mares and 2467 colts/stallions/geldings. So, there are actually more “dudettes” ;D in the game than “dudes”. lol. ::)

I meant at my stable…in my previous post i mentioned it, but i forgot to restate the fact in this one. sorry for the confusion…

[sup]P.S the technical term for a female “dude” is not “dudette” it’s “Dudina.” Yet again another piece of useless information from the mind of Jei.
P.P.S Too prove furthermore use spell check. Dudina will be recognised and Dudette is unrecognised.  :-*[/sup]

I think our last 2 have come home.

Debatable Move is a 3yo SW filly.  Her win came this year in a 6f dirt race (yay, dirt horses…).  Ahem.  She’s by What’s Debatable and out of Move Boldly, a gold ranked mare.  This is Move Boldly’s only foal to race so it’s hard to say much.  She seems to have some promise and should be good for fiddling with.

Bonny Prince is a weanling colt by Redwood Prince (S) and out of Sunset Beauty (S).  Sunset Beauty finished 4th in her only start and has a MSW Princely Moment, who happens to be a full brother to Bonny Prince.  She also has a SW in Seducer and her other foals are winners so I think this should be a good prospect in a couple of years.  Besides, our weanling filly/colt ratio is insane so this little boy can help even the odds.

Now, we just have to resist buying anything left :wink:.

LOL… You learn something new everyday… ;D

Battle Hill is pleasantly suprized that we managed to pick up 2 broodmares & 2 weanlings… as the truck rolled into the yard this evening, we watched with delight as the first off the van was;

Cosmic Ruby She is a 2003 stakes placed daughter of the retired stallion Satin Romance (S) out of Deadly Secrets (B) making her 1/2 to SW Shattered Dreams. She is bred to Affirmed for her first foal due June 2011.

Next off the van was;
Carrie Candoit she is also a 2003 stakes placed mare with created lines. She is bred to Unbridled for her first foal due May 2011.

The next one off the van was:
Ramesses (formerly Haunted Spirit), a bright chestnut weanling son of Lonesome Glory (S) who has sired many MSW horses, and out of Pharaoh’s Spirit (S) who is 1/2 to MSW GCh. Akhetnaten, SW Ch. Anubis, Ramesses is also 1/2 to SW Pharaoh’s Pride. I have high hopes for this colt in 2012.

Last off the van was;
Madame Justice a bay weanling filly out of the last foal crop sired by Lit de Justice (B) and out of Lady Be Good (S) making her 1/2 to MSW Chief’s Lady.

All the horses are settled into stalls for the night. The mares will join the other broodmares in pasture tomorrow morning, and the weanlings will be turned out in their own pasture to grow & be horses for another year.

For some reason I always end up with the colts…going to have to change that one of these days.

[color=blue]Lord o’ the Dance is a three-year-old son by Danzig out of By Honor Bound. His dam hasn’t proven to be exceptional as a broodmare, but she has been consistent. Of all her foals that have race, 4 out of 5 are winners including MSW Mark My Word. His sire, Danzig has done very well in FF producing many MSW’s and a few SW’s and SP’s along with quite a few consistent allowance horses. I’m trying him at a medium distance on the turf otherwise I’ll try and keep him on what he likes, really short turf races. We’ll see, he’s a consistent runner and we can always geld him to keep his mind on the race if need be.

[color=blue]Home Free is a three-year-old son by Almost Home out of the Planet Hollywood mare Ch. Hollywood Hopes. His sire doesn’t have the most dazzling foals, but he is consistent, he has produced 2 MSW’s, 2 SW’s and 10 winners out of 17 foals that have raced to date. I also have another mare by Almost Home, she’s a pretty good runner, doesn’t seem to be anything flashy but she can run. It was his female side of his pedigree that hooked me, his dam Ch. Hollywood Hopes placed in multiple stakes during her time and boasted a pretty nice racing record. Of her three foal’s of racing age they are all winners, her oldest, a four year old gelding is an MSW, Home Free himself is a SW, and her youngest on the track, her two-year-old is already a winner. His second dam, Eternal Hope was quite a nice broodmare producing 2 MSW’s, 2 SW’s, 2 SP’s, and 4 Winner’s of 10 foals. Home Free has done decently on the track, he won the GII Up & Coming Stakes this year and was third in the GIII Holybull Stakes. He’s only run one time on the grass and that was as a two-year old in only his second start, he put in a good performance coming in 4th of 14.

[color=blue]Ch. Gold Fever is a four-year-old son by Strike The Gold and is out of Faith Hill. His sire was decent in the stud shed, he only sired 11 foals that have been raced and of those 2 are MSW’s, 2 are SW’s, 1 is SP, and 5 are winners. The dam, Faith Hill has produced 4 foals that have raced, one is the ever famous MSW King David, Gold Fever is a SW along with his half sister Out of Tune, the only unplaced runner is her two-year-old who is bound to get better with age. Ch. Gold Fever is a nice runner, he came in 2nd/9 in his two-year old debut the GII Remsen Stakes, at three he won the Ungraded Round Table Stakes, and came in third in both the GII Del Mar Breeder’s Cup and the GI Spectacular Bid Stakes. This year he came in third in the GI Sunshine Millions and last time out won an allowance. Hopefully he’ll continue to do well.

Enchanted Evening - Yearling - ICh. Highland Pride x ICh. Evening Twilight – Nice blood I’m hopeing for big thing from her on the track and beyound :wink:

Ch. Golden Text - 2007 - Racehorse - A.P. Indy x Gold Rush - A project horse. Has a decent record, and I believe some potential  :slight_smile:

Looks like everyones done bidding. Hope everyone had a good auction ;D

Whoops 2 left ::)

I’m increasing the limit to 6 in case people are being restrained by the 5 horse limit.  :wink:

Thank oh “Goddess of the Game” may your extreme benevolence be rewarded :-*. Can you tell I’m in a wierd mood today  ::) ;D

We managed to nab two, although I should sell some more because Clover Springs has a LOT of horses at the moment:

Ch. Filly From Chile was the first purchase of the auction. She is a 3yo filly by Gold rated Bold Ruler, and out of Platnium rated Fall From Grace. Her 1/2 siblings include SW Go Overboard, and SP Flawless. I mainly bought her as a broodmare prospect for when her racing days are over, but she’s still got a bit of racing left in her yet. Purchase price of $1,750,500.

Speeding Bullet was the second purchase and a VERY reasonable price for a Platnium rated broodmare. She is rated higher than my favorite mare Patriot Games who is also a Platnium mare. She has produced MSW Ready Set Go and SW Gunshot so far in her breeding career. Purchase price of $300,500.

Lindsay

Looks like we got shut out again this year, though we had a modest budget, and were at least in the running for some horses. Good luck to all the winners and bring on the next auction!  ;D