2010 Annual Select Auction - 9/9 - 9/23

Remember the Select Auctin is this September!  All horses are stakes-quality (themselves, their foals, their dam, and/or their siblings).

No spending limit
Purchasing limit of 5 horses

Enjoy!

Final Furlong horses have been consigned.  :slight_smile:  Enjoy!

I wish I could afford those horses!  With being stakes quality they MUST have a stakes Quality price! lol

Yeah, they sure are nice. I’m looking to pick up a pony at the Stillwater Farms auction but I’m not sure if I can. :wink:

Does anyone know what the average price for a horse was in last years select auction?

Roughly $700,000.

Are you serious? Wow. Thats $400,000 less than I’ve made in an entire year -falls- Maybe next year’s auction… haha wow…

As has been mentioned many times, the point of the Select Auction is to offer the “cream of the crop”, as well as to allow the big stables to “play” and spend some of their money.

Last year I sat and watched as the prices of horses in the select auction went into the millions! My poor bank account was less than a quarter of that.
This year, I Plan on bidding, but alas, i’ll probably watch the prices skyrocket past what i can spend.

Someday, i’ll be able to afford the horses in the select auction!

LOL

There’s a 100+ horses Rhi you’ll come out with something :wink: ;D

Oh, Shanthi, trust me I know! Stakes quality horses means stakes quality prices. I was just thinking that perhaps I’d be able to come away with something small, you know? I wasn’t trying to be dumb and not know anything about the auction while posting that. Just… posting my awe.

I imagine the racers all have lower reserves than the breeding stock, especially if you’re willing to not get a filly. :wink:  I just looked and there are 20 or so horses with reserves of 50k or lower.  That’s not to say they’ll sell for 50k, but there are ones that people can meet the reserves on and the bigger stables will presumably be more interested in the horses on the high end of the reserve lists.

I just took a look at there are some EXCELLENT prospects in there to which I could spend a lot of money :wink: I’ve but one of my broodmares in (finally) and should be adding a couple of more horses today once I make up my mind.

The racehorses with good bloodlines that haven’t won a TON of races likely won’t be too bad on the pocketbook, I mostly look for racehorses with even an average stakes record of a couple of wins as long as their dams are great broodmares.

Should be a fun and competitive auction, and I can’t wait!  ;D

Lindsay

I have my eye on some of the better racehorses and some of the nicely bred yearlings since I have only two yearlings that will be racing next year.

Should be very fun auction.

Just a reminder that bidding starts tonight at midnight pacific time.

Good luck!

Ok so reading this you may not have to hist the reserve to get the horse?

No, you’ll notice that horses whose reserves haven’t been met don’t have the 24 hour countdown.

If you didn’t have to meet the reserve, then the reserve would be pretty pointless. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok just wanted to make sure before trying to find other horses that I like.