2009 Handicapping Competition

at the end of the month (after last race)… someone starts a thread… and we post how we did for that month… something like this…

Name: Dawn

Stable Name: Battle Hill Farm

Total Days Handicapped: 6
Win: 21 x 250 = $5250
Place: 20 x 100 = $2000
Show: 17 x 50 = $850
Quinella: 9 x 500 = $4500
Trifecta: 2 x 1000 = $2000

Total Winnings for November: $14,600

and sometime during the month… Shanthi then gcredits our account… hope that helps…

Thanks Dawn It helps.
Mat

Hi Shanthi,

I was just wondering if you were going to have any end-of-year prizes for handicapping?

I looked into it, but no one handicapped at lesat 50% of the races, so I figured the money from handicapping is enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks. I know I definately didn’t handicap 50% of the races. And, yes, the money from handicapping is enough. :slight_smile:

Hi,
Was the handicapping money from Dec. paid out yet?
Mat

No, I always post when money is handed out. I generally wait about 2 weeks so that I only have to go through once rather than half a dozen times for people who don’t bother to post their totals early.

Matt
from what I can tell you only get money if the horse come in the spot you put the horse down for coming in.

Shanthi,

When does the money get posted to our accounts?  Other than posting our records on the forum, do we need to do anything to “collect” the money ?

(not to be greedy, but I need the money to offset the horses I bought at the auction  ;D)

at the end of each month a thread is created that you put your monthly totals on and then Shanthi when she gets to it will transfer the funds.

Shanthi,

I am thoroughly enjoying this competition and am just sad that I didn’t find out about it earlier.  Thanks for coming up with it.  I’ve only been doing it for 10 days, but am averaging more than $6,500 each day.

It is proving very frustrating, however, as I have had 53 races in which my three picks finished 1-2-3, however, not in the correct order. This does not include 19 races in which I actually did hit the Trifecta. In many of them, because of the order in which the horses finished, I ended up getting nothing at all.

How about adding a little something for getting 1-2-3 but in the wrong order, say $250??? Also say $100 for having your first two picks finish 1-2 but in the wrong order? I seem to recall a PM from you in which you said that you might consider paying something out if, say, the horse we picked to Show finished 1st or 2nd. This would be kind of like an extension to that idea.

Maybe you could start those in the New Year?!?!  Anyhow, this is just an idea/wishful thinking on my part/venting my frustration (pick one).

Thanks for listening.

Lewis

Now that odds are generated I’m planning on setting up actual betting.  So once that’s set up, you will get a (smaller) payout for picking the correct horses in the incorrect order.

Wow Shanthi, we just can’t keep up with you, can we? We come up with a suggestion and find out that you’re already working on it. There’s just no holding you back, is there!!!

I’m looking forward to this. Thanks.