2/25

5 out:

Cat In The Hat… didn’t leave the gate. Second start, second, well, not really start.

Behemoth took a 1st in his claiming! I really didn’t want anyone to claim him and thankfully he came back home with us.

[color=blue]Dylansdream took a 2nd in his stakes making him MSP. Great buy I think. I can’t wait to see how his half sister runs.
[color=blue]
Distinct Point
took a 7th in his stakes… Allowances it is.

Beyond The Galaxy took a 5th in his stakes… time for a rest.

We haven’t had noteworthy weeks for a long time, so we pretty much haven’t made note of them here. 

However, this week went rather well, I must say.

War Bonds was a disappointing 5/6 in his NW2.  Maybe it’s time to chuck him in a claimer and see if someone else might have better luck with him.

Broken-Down Nag continues to do well, despite her name.  1st win of the year in an NW2.  SF was nothing to sniff at.  Very pleased with her.

Magic’s Promise showed some promise, winning his allowance.  Maybe we’ll try the stakes with him again.  He does have the blood-lines, despite being another grandson of Worth.

Premiere ran a disappointing 10th.  Hasn’t run well since her first start of the year.  She is a Lonesome Glory daughter and well under her predicted size.  Maybe put her out to pasture or lease her out until she grows a little more?

Drowning is…well…drowning.  Gelding didn’t seem to help much, and he showed so much promise as a 3yo. Ran 5th in an almost full allowance.  Maybe some equipment changes.

Forgotten Road ran 4th in her maiden.  Dynamite lines.  I’m hoping she’s just immature.

Sultry Woman and Buy an Angel out in the same Gr. 2.  Ran 1st and 3rd respectively.  Very pleased.  Poor Buy usually seems to be thrown into races with a running mate that outshines her.  The girl has guts, though. 

Molly is a Mule ran a solid 3rd in her GR. 3.  Probably not Oaks material, but we’ll take what she can get.

Very satisfying week.  Here’s hoping there are some more in our future.  :slight_smile:

We had one runner today …

[color=green]Meadow Trick  leased from Triple M Racing

6.5f Allowance for 4yo+, $45,000  Dirt - Good  1:40.420  Meadow Trick  B SR  1st  131

The ‘Trick’ likes a longer distance  but he looked ready to go and he performed well    :slight_smile: ;D

EXCELLENT day for my stable.

[color=red]Double Vision, who did nothing impressive as a 2 y/o, put in an excellent effort, stalking the leaders to finish 2nd in a maiden race for 3 y/os.

[color=blue]Favored, a 6 y/o former star whom I recently tried to auction because I felt that I could do nothing more with him, earned the best SF of his relatively long career in a SC allowance. To think I was giving up on him!

[color=blue]Scary Bob put forth a fair effort but finished a mediocre 4th in a NW3.

Vixen went out against the boys in a NW3 Allowance over the fences. She ran mid-pack for most of the race then steadily progressed until she passed everyone. 1st/13.

Silent Miracle ran a very nice race in the GIII Palm Beach Stakes for 3yo’s. He finished 2nd/10.

Yes It’s Paddy went out in the GI Donn Handicap. He broke like a shot and dueled for the lead for 2 furlongs but then pulled away and never gave up his lead, extending it to 3 lengths at the wire. 1st/13. This win also studified him! ;D

Congrats on Yes It’s Paddy!

[color=red]Ch. Gonewiththeindians went out today in the Gr. 1 Donn Handicap, her first start against the boys. She broke 5th, and had some trouble getting up there (I suspect she wasn’t too fond of the track, either) and ended up 4th. Not too bad for an old girl  ;D