2/15

A pretty good day overall! We sent out 4, came home with 5, and four of those 5 brought home checks.

[color=red]Irish Miss finally came home a winner in a Maiden against 5 others. She now has 4 starts under her belt with a 1-3-0 record.
[color=blue]Red Dog finished 4th/6 in a NW3; we’re still trying to figure him out. Might get better with age.
[color=red]As You See ran 4th/6 in an OA. She tends to run hot/cold, but that was a tough field in general, too.
[color=blue]Spirit of Autumn was in over his head and finished 8th/10 in the Ungr. Hollie Hughes Stakes. Back to the allowances for him!

Finally, we successfully claimed [color=blue]Glory of Love who won his claimer by a head against 6 others. We really, really liked him and he’s already made half his claim fee back. He’s by Point Given out of the created, silver-ranked mare Awesome Love who has produced three champions, including MSW Master & Commander, a SW, and two SP runners.

Well I sent out 8 and 4 came home with checks ,3 out of those were stakes money, finally! Just the highlights this week. The other 4 blah! And created two new champions!

[color=red]Graceful Flames-6.5f Gr. 3 Deputy Minister Handicap,3yo F,Turf - Good,[color=red]2nd so happy with this girl and her stablemate below taking first and second! And she made champion title! (Ring of Fire out of Graceful Exit)
[color=red]The Chance 2 Dance-6.5f Gr. 3 Deputy Minister Handicap,3yo F,Turf - Good,[color=red]1st came flying out of the 6th PP into first and won over her stablemate by 2 lengths! And she made Champion title! (by High Chances out of Danzinallnight(deceased))
[color=red]Supersonic-7.0f Gr. 3 Shirley Jones Handicap,3yo+ F,SC - Good,[color=red]5th big race and a short distance I’m happy she brought home a check and it’s not off to the sheds yet!

Sent 12 out, came home with 13. It was a pretty good day overall

Spirt Moon (Lasting Spirit) ran 3rd in her maiden. We tried some different equipment on her

Princess Pride (High on Love) ran 3rd in her NW1 allowance.

Gunnerside (Irish River) ran 3rd in a NW3 allowance. We claimed this boy a few weeks ago, experimenting with some equipment. This was only his second start

I’m Your Eskimo (I’m Your Angel) won his allowance, super proud of him!

Outer Bounds (Omaha) ran 2nd in a turf allowance. I’m very impressed with how this boy has been running

Avondale (Irish River) ran 4th in a NW3 allowance. I tried some different equipment on her too, she didn’t love it but didn’t hate it either

Careless Whisper (Alydar) ran 3rd in a SC allowance. Not bad but ever since the new year this girl just hasn’t been herself…

Maeve was a flop. She is coming off an injury in 2015, may need a longer break

Adena Brave (Boldness Shows) was our $10,000 claim of the day. He ran 4th. I picked him up because of his dam is gold rated. He is 1/2 to MSW EZ Robin, MSW Pretty Amazing and SP Valid Flag

Hishi Natalie (Boldness Shows) ran 3rd in an allowance. Happy with that, it was quite a large field

Run Jenny Run (What’s Your Point) was the highlight WINNING the Hollie Hughes Stakes. This makes him officially What’s Your Point’s first stake winning foal. Hopefully he can keep it up!

Anglesite (I’m Your Angel) ran a disappointing 6th in the Deputy Minister Handicap. I think it was a little too short for her liking.

Eloquently (Strider) ran 3rd against her stablemate in the Deputy Minister Handicap. I’m glad to see this girl run well on a sprint, excited for her year!

Mixed results today, so I will just post the highlights. [color=red]Ch. Melodramatic ran a good race, 1st/6 in an open allowance, and earned a Champion title. She has a very interesting pedigree, by Sadler’s Wells (S), out of Usedtobeaferrari (S). We also had [color=red]Bold Eclipse in this race and she finished 5th.
Our new 3yo filly [color=red]Lacune was a nice surprise, we switched her to steeplechasing and she finished 2nd/6. She was totally unsuccessful in her previous starts but we claimed her for her pedigree.
[color=red]Ch. The Woman In Black was 3rd/10 in La Canada Stakes, proving that she’s really great.
The NW2 allowance in Aqueduct was very crowded, [color=red]Your Chant was 4th/14 and [color=red]Jorghinia finished 5th. I really hope that they will become some of our best ponies this year.

Five horses out, but only two worth mentioning.

Chance of Rain won her ungraded stakes. Whoo!
Higher Agenda came in 2nd in her Gr. 3.

Sent out 5, came home with 6.  Normally my claims never go through, but some bargains are too good to not try for.  Looks like everyone had their own favorites of the group, so lots of us got to bring a new runner home.

5YO [color=green]O LORDY won his NW2 allowance, bringing home a $27,000 paycheck.  You all missed a real bargain when I had him up for sale at a mere $8,000, as this boy sure knows how to bring home the bacon!  I’m super glad I ended up keeping him.

5YO [color=red]TWIRLAWAY (x Whirlaway) won her NW3 out at Santa Anita.

New claim, 3YO [color=blue]CUCHULAIN (x Irish River), won his claiming race.

3YO [color=red]GIRLFIGHT (x Nightfight) was 4th in her NW1.  Maybe she’s still finding her stride, as this was only her second start ever.

4YO [color=blue]PRESTIGE (x Cross Roads) was 4th in his maiden.  We’re getting closer, but we haven’t quite gotten him there yet.

5YO [color=green]SECRET SURPRISE (x A.P. Indy) brought up the rear with a 5th/8 in his NW3.  Hey, it’s still a paycheck, right?  But it’s way off the mark from his 3- and 4YO seasons, so we’ll see if this was just a fluke race.

All in all, I’m happy with the results.  :slight_smile:

Pretty good day. :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Full of Promise (Secretary) was our worst of the day, and he finished 5th, so not bad.

[color=red]Evensong (War Chant) and [color=red]Celtic Magic (Must Be Magic) finished 1st/2nd in their allowance.

[color=blue]Buenos Aires (Nightfight) finally got back into the winner’s circle in an allowance. [color=blue]Highland Star (Starzen) was 3rd in the same race.

[color=blue]Hollywood Rival (Double Cross) was 3rd in his claimer, and is now owned by Mesa Sky. Best of luck with him!

Only one out but came home with two  ::)

[color=blue]Ganymede ran 4th in his NW3, first time back on dirt since last year.

Very pleased to claim [color=blue]Archeopteryx - love his name and had my eye on him for quite a while. He finished 2nd on his first career start.

A good day for us!

GCh. Accelorator made his first start for us today in a turf OA at Santa Anita, he finished 3rd/9.

Betrothed finished a good 2nd/6 in a dirt OA for fillies and mares.

Firsthand Account won again, after breaking her maiden last time out. Hopefully this girl will be stakes quality. 1st/14.

Highland Dreams approved of the step back into allowance company today with a win in a turf OA. 1st/9.

War Party came home under the line first in a turf NW1 today for four year olds and up. 1st/6.