2/15 Updates

Trainer summary is done! :slight_smile: beta.finalfurlong.org/training_summary

You can sort the table (via multiple columns if you hold down shift, for example if want to search by age and then name), or filter the table by one or more factors (age/gender/race level/etc).

Finally, the new functionality is the ability to star horses. :slight_smile: On a racehorseā€™s page (that you own/lease) you can click ā€œAdd to Favouritesā€ and that horse will be starred on the trainer summary (which you can use as a sort or filter). Hopefully this will be handy for the larger stables to keep track of horses they want to manage carefully. (If you no longer want a horse starred, click ā€œRemove from Favouritesā€ on their page.)

Right now thereā€™s no limit on the number of horses you favourite, but Iā€™ll probably add a limit at some point.

It should be fairly quick to load, but I plan to add a few more performance tweaks down the line that should make it faster.

Few more planned tweaks: name sorting to ignore titles (right now it puts titled horses at the end if sorting by name), fix allowance filtering (ā€œAllowanceā€ includes all the other allowance types because they contain the word Allowance), fix race sorting (it sorts by string rather than actual date time, so 2/14 comes before 2/7).

(Still need to tweak the database transfer stuff as itā€™s taking way too much time/computer power to run.)

Turns out fixing these was quite simple, so thatā€™s taken care of. :slight_smile:

Nice! Looks really great.

One small thing I noticed though, when you filter, click on your horse then click ā€˜backā€™ to your training summary it doesnā€™t save your filter like the current set-up does. A pretty minor detail but definitely something I would notice going through and entering all my horses in races :slight_smile:

Hm, yeah, because itā€™s all javascript-based stuff wouldnā€™t be saved. I can probably tweak it to save it, but Iā€™ll need to figure out how to do that (so probably wonā€™t be super high priority compared to getting the rest of the existing features moved over).

Looks good.