10/29

Two out today.

[color=blue]Gallant Affair took 4th/6 in a 5.0f NW2 Allowance for 3yo. He doesn’t have that shabby of a record so far.

[color=red]Just A Dream ran 10th/11 in a 6.5f Allowance for 3yo. She won’t give me a clue as to what she likes, other than eating grass.

We didn’t take part in the Breeder’s Cup fun, but maybe next year we will. This year our mare Summer Morning was qualified but entering her would eat whole stable’s budget :wink:
As for the other results, they were totally unexpected - but with some nice surprises.

[color=red]Ch. The Woman In Black - 1st/10 in 9 furlongs Discovery Handicap for 3yo, in which [color=red]Ch. Charlotte was 8th and [color=red]Ch. Love Signal was 9th. Usually the last two fillies were our superstars (I hope that they are not overraced), but this time The Woman In Black stepped out of their shadow and became our fifth champion.
[color=red]Unseen Sky - 1st/6 in 15.5 furlongs NW3 Allowance for 3yo+ F/M, her third successful endurance race.
[color=red]Mimosa Lake - 4th/6 in 5 furlongs NW3 Allowance for 3yo F. Good to see her “improving”… which means that she can now run faster than some of Final Furlong owned horses :stuck_out_tongue:
[color=red]Luxury Of Time - 5th/11 in 6 furlongs Maiden for 2yo F. Apparently she needs even more time to win. And more rain (?).

Happy dances around the room jumping for joy!!! 2 fillies in BC races my nightfight filly came in second, my 3yo finished 4th!  And 3 in reg races only one bombed.

[color=red]Graceful Flames-(ring of fire)5.0f NW3 Allow,2yo,Turf - Fast, [color=red]2nd
[color=green]Fortunate Son-6.5f Allow,3yo,Dirt - Fast,[color=green]5th
[color=blue]Lohan-(my lucky day)6.5f Maid,2yo,Dirt - Fast, [color=blue]9th
[color=red]Nightlit Haze-(NIGHTFIGHT)8.5f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies for 2yo F, $2,000,000,Dirt - Good, 1:56.115, [color=red]2nd
[color=red]Mi Amore-10.0f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff for 3yo+ F, $2,000,000,SC - Good,2:20.570 ,B F8 , [color=red]4th she was third the whole way and fell back between 8-10f right at the finish, still proud of her as she’s a created mare who hasn’t run well until this 3yo season!
[color=red]5(2)-0-2(1)-0-1(1) $547,950

CDS had a milestone BC day today and are really still in shock.  Some of Nightfights progeny really ran their heart out today.

BC Juvi Fillies (Dirt)
[color=red]Black Heartbreak and [color=red]Black Star finished 1st and 3rd with Nightfight sibling [color=red]Nightlit Haze finishing between them.  Greatest finish I could ever have expected.

BC Juvi Colts (Dirt)
Nightfight siblings [color=blue]Sponsored and [color=blue]Jett Black finished 1st and 2nd with stablemate [color=blue]Bold Causeway finishing 3rd.

With these 2yo finishes Nightfight now has a 9.7 Gold ranking.  Almost unheard of with only a 2yo crop.

Irish Gold finished 4th in the BC Turf.

[color=red]Daily Special and [color=red]Hollywood Cigar finished 1st and 2nd in the BC Classic.

[color=red]Winning Secret won the BC Filly Mare sprint.

[color=red]I Can Only Imagine and [color=red]While I Skip finished 1st and 3rd in the Juvi Fillies Turf.

[color=red]I’m A Golden Girl finished 2nd in the BC Turf Sprint.

17(17)-5(5)-3(3)-3(3)-2(2) $9,040,000

The only thing that would have made this great day better is if Nightfights colts would have done better in the Juvi Turf.  But it also goes to show that he really does create dirt lovers.  We’ll see come next year. :slight_smile:

Wow congrats Holly!  We really needed a new guy to fill the void left behind by Worth and Rogue…looks like we may be able to crown Nightfight, very exciting.

I’m still plugging away at the allowances…

Blue Note continues to show she’s quality with a 2nd in a 13.5f NW3 Allowance for 3yo F with a pretty high SF.
Hideyourloveaway won his 7.5f NW3 Allowance for 4yo+, $15,000 Turf
Highland Ballad is showing some real promise, second win in a row in the 9.0f NW3 Allowance for 2yo
Kettle Lake was good in her 8.0f Allowance for 3yo+, $65,000 finishing 2nd with a decent SF.

Altogether:
4-2-2-0-0 $54,000 - keeps things moving.

Could be worse I suppose. I should have followed my gut and not entered 2 of my BC kids, but oh well, thought it worth a shot!

2yo’s
[color=red]Ordinarily Yours (King David) ran 4th/14 in her Maiden. This is her best placing since June @.@.
[color=red]Daytona Weekend (A.P. Indy) flunked epically and ran 14th/14 in the BC Juvenile. She’s heading home for some well deserved rest!
[color=red]Crack the Bell (Dark Continent) ran 7th/9 in the BC Juvenile Turf Fillies. Disappointing, but not the end of the world.

[color=red]Dark Twilight ran 3rd/6 in her NW3.
[color=red]Sheza Swan was 3rd/6 in her NW3.
[color=green]Rite of Passage ran 4th/6 in his OA.
[color=blue]Glorioso and [color=green]To Alaska ran 3rd-4th/7 in their OA.
[color=red]Artistic Tendancie ran 5th/5 in the BC SC Distaff.

I want to send lotsa mares to Nightflight next year  ;D

[color=red]Coldenoughforsnow ran third in her NW3 for 3yo F, touched off by two noses. Her best run in a while with quite a nice SF.

[color=blue]Caledonian finished 4th in the October Cup. Looks like the stakes win he needs for stud qualification might be out of reach. Not sure if I should send him over fences.

Another good day here, 2 out in the Breeder’s Cup, one ran great, the other not so bueno. :wink:

Alabama Tea finished 1st/6 in a Dirt NW3 for fillies.

Highland Dreams was a next out winner today after breaking his maiden last out, today he won a turf NW2. 1st/6. Maybe if we can find one we’ll try a small stake next out.

Romantic Memory threw in a clunker in the BC F/M Turf, finishing 8th/10. I didn’t like the way she trained up to this so we’ll give her that excuse! :stuck_out_tongue:

DontCallMeSue ran a very nice race in the G3 Discovery, finishing 3rd/10. He’s really perked up since we removed a few parts of his. :wink:

Exclamation Point capped off the day by putting in a very good performance in the BC F/M Sprint. I really love this filly, she was easily the least experienced in the field with only 5 starts to her name but she ran a great race. Granted it was a small field and 2 of the other entrants seem a little past their best days they still were very nice horses to beat! See if we can go on to bigger and better things with this girl!

That is just crazy to ever think about or consider.  We just need to see how they do as 3yo’s and on now.  I’m hoping he is able to pass on his sustainability as well.  Only time will tell. :slight_smile:

Wow just wow! What a fan-freakin-tastic day! I sent 4 out, 2 were in BC races, everyone made me super proud

Careless Whisper (Alydar) won the Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff which, i’ll be honest… Was a shocker for me! She has been running well but this was only her 2nd stakes race and she doesn’t have as much running experience as the others. Woohoo!

Fruitloop (Easy Goer) ran 2nd in the Breeders’ Cup SC Sprint, also a shocker, I wasn’t even going to enter him. He had been running really well but this was his first ever stakes race… Glad he didn’t get stage fright against the big guys!

Bamboo Diva ran 2nd in the Knickerbocker Stakes. I contemplated entering her in a BC race, but i’m glad I entered her in this one :slight_smile:

Angelius (I’m Your Angel) won his 2yo maiden, very pleased with this, hopefully I found some equipment he likes and he keeps on winning

Edited to add that Fruitloop is my first homebred to run in a BC, so i’m extra proud :smiley:

Two out here with decent results. No BC for us though.

Kitten Heels (Created) Was 2nd/6 in her 15.5F Turf NW3 Allowance race.  Hopefully she still has another year or two in her, she’s finally found her niche. :slight_smile:

Naturally Tizzed (Tiznow) Debuted 6th/11 in a 6F Turf 2yo Maiden race. She still needs more time  so she’ll be off till next year but a promising start.

Pretty awesome day here for Meteor Farms

I had a great day. Had four second place finishes in Breeders’ Cup races which was a tad frustrating, but took home over $4 million so not complaining.

[color=blue]I’M NO FOOL was the highlight of the day winning the Breeders’ Cup Mile. This win gave him Final Furlong Champion status - one of only six horses to achieve this in the history of the game.
[color=red]NEFERTARI was our other winner of the day winning her second classic race, the Australian Oaks.
[color=red]BAY OF BISCAY was a strong second in the Breeders’ Cup Classic. Phenomenal effort for a 3-Y-O filly.
[color=red]ILSAHERI was also second in her race, the Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf.
[color=red]MADAM PRESIDENT was second in the Breeders’ Cup Distaff.
[color=blue]PROMISING was second in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf.
[color=red]PATH FINDER achieved National Champion status with a nice third in the Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint. The sprint was probably a tad short for her.
[color=red]GAL FROM SEATTLE was fourth in her race, the Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf.
[color=red]HIGHLAND WISH was fifth in probably the best race of the day, the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies.

Oh, wow! That’s awesome with I’m No Fool! Can’t wait to see his babies hit the track! Congrats on  racing a FFCh. Jase!

Thanks!
And he’s a home bred!!!

Will you keep him going next year - he doesn’t seem to be slowing down at all :slight_smile:

I want your breeding secret! Lol I want to raise a Ch colt, I’m great with fillies! But can’t seem to get a homebred that goes past his second year as a big winner.

Somewhat disappointing BC day for us, but given that we sent out all stakes horses, not too surprising. :stuck_out_tongue:

[color=red]Darkest Secret and [color=red]Bright Belles were our best two, both finishing 2nd. Sadly, they were both in 2-horse fields. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty much everyone fought for last place, or if we had more than one entry, second-last. :wink:

Congrats! I hope he does as well as his sire and produces another FFCh. one day

This reminds me of the only dog show where our westie ranked 2nd… when there were only two dogs in her class :wink: