1/16

Sent out 2 for Diamond Dale

I sent out my boy,[color=blue]Velocity, who has been a bit finicky as to when he wants to turn the speed on.  I had him leased out to RC Bee, who did a lovely job of figuring him out better than I would have ever, but he still was inconsistent.  I had to make a tough decision and threw him into a claiming at 12f on the turf.  He made that decision even tougher and heart wrenching, as he finished 2nd in that race.  Congrats on Sunshine Coast on the claim on a colt that may improve as a 4 yr old!

I also sent out my new filly, [color=red]Grace Victoria, in a 6f sprint on the dirt and she managed to impress with a third.  I like her just for her name, so pretty sounding, so hopefully I lucked out and got a good one.

–Kayte
Diamond Dale Farm

[color=red]Visage surprised with a 3rd/13 in her 9.5f NW3 Allowance after a rather disappointing finish last time out.

[color=green]Mister Devious was disappointing in a 10th/14 finish in the G3 Aqueduct Handicap, but then again, perhaps it wasn’t a smart maneuver to make his first start in over a year a stakes race. Hopefully he hasn’t deteriorated too much from his 5-year-old season, although it’s a likely possibility.

Didn’t send out any runners today but managed to claim [color=red]Just Like Ice who finished second in her race which we’re pretty pleased about. Hopefully she can do well this season before heading to the breeding shed  :slight_smile:

Three out, four back.

[color=red]Allouette finally broke her maiden in a 8.0f Turf Maiden.

[color=green]Liberty Scale came second in a 12.0f NW1 SC. [color=red]Me and Mr Jones came sixth in the same race. She needs a rest, so she’s heading home.

We claimed [color=blue]Darq Challenge who came fourth in his 7.0f SC claiming race. I was waiting for him to be in a claimer :slight_smile:

Somewhat disappointing day for Stillwater…

Evensong was 3rd in her race, with Sun Spot right behind in 4th.

Midas was a nice 2nd in his allowance. Stream of Stars was 5th.

Eleanor Rigby was 6th in her allowance.

Gifted was a nice 3rd in her race, while Eyes Wide Shut was 10th. :frowning:

Early Valentine won her allowance. :slight_smile:

Beautiful Dancer was 3rd in her race.

Etched In Gold was 5th in her race.

Majestic and Houdini finished 11th/13th in their race. :frowning:

Voldemort and Outlander were 2nd and 9th in their race.

Fantastic Debate was 2nd in her race.

Overall: 15(5)-1-4(2)-2-1 $107,250

Four out, five back.

[color=blue]Intensity and [color=blue]Remembrance continue to disappoint in their respective races. Intensity’s only 3, so we’re going to try him on the turf next. Maybe we shouldn’t have switched Remembrance to the hurdles, as he’s finished at the back of the pack in his two starts this year. If he doesn’t show up in his next start he’s retiring.

[color=red]Sonatina finished a disappointing 5 of 8 in a sprint allowance. Maybe she doesn’t like the wet track; will have to take that into consideration next time out.

[color=green]Temujin had been very good to us last year, and this year he’s starting off on the right foot with a third in a dirt route. He’s never run on the main track before, so his future on it looks pretty promising.

Our claim today is a huge black daughter of The Black. [color=red]Fade to Black has won twice over the hurdles now, including the race we claimed her in. With victories at 7f and 10f, she’s already proving to be versatile. One or two more wins like that at the allowance level, then it’s off to the stakes races.