Whee, horse shopping!

She’s up there now, wandering around and looking at stuff.  I’m trying to see if she can go look at Colony Times, since she was the other good possibility (though, obviously, yet another TB mare).

ok don’t hate me saying this but you might think about a well bred Appendix QH. :slight_smile: Mine is 6/8 TB and I LOVE her cause she’s got blood when I ask for it but she’s calmer than your average TB (I have a straight TB too and he goes haywire sometimes) and she doesn’t flip out over everything. :wink:

Oh, I’m looking at all sorts of TB crosses.  Rode a QH/draft cross yesterday, but he was pretty enh.  Tomorrow I’m looking at a Belgian/QH/TB and a full QH, though both sound semi-enh (the QH much less so, but he’s older/smaller than I’d like).

Still on my list are 3 4yo TB geldings, a 5yo Han/TB mare, a 5yo Paint gelding, a 6yo TB gelding, a 6yo TB mare, and a 9yo TB/WB gelding.

I’m hoping one of these 10 horses will work, though given my luck so far, who knows. :wink:

So my search may be over.  :smiley:

Didn’t look at the full QH today, because of the heat, but I think the Belgian/QH/TB may be a winner.  His ad was pretty crappily written, and I’d heard some sketchy things about him, but he was really awesome today.

Definitely green, but he’s got solid flatwork/dressage basics, and had no problems popping over little jumps out on the cross-country course.  Tomorrow I’m going back to try him out over regular jumps in the ring, and then we’ll see how he does on the vet exam.

Picture and video (he looks a lot nicer on the flat since he’s learned a bit of dressage).

The vet check went well today. :slight_smile:  Still waiting on x-ray results, and the owner’s agreed to a week-long trial period, but so far, so good.

Now to work on selling my mare, and resisting spend massive amounts of money on a truck and trailer. :wink:

He’s cute. Here’s hoping it works out. :slight_smile:

hes a great looking horse, hope everything goes well, i so cant wait to go riding again!!!

Don’t I remember you saying some about the color liver chestnut :wink:
I think he’s a nice looking fellow.

Yeah, liver chestnut is my least favorite chestnut color.  :wink:  But it’s a lot nicer with a lighter mane/tail/feet and dapples.

X-rays came back clean. :slight_smile:  And, as an extra bonus, I have a couple of leads on boarding options for my mare so that she’ll sell.

Weee… Sir Lancealot! Camelot is one of my favorite stories… hope it all goes good for you…

I like Camelot, too, but I think his name is going to change.  :wink:  “Lance” is a bit too pedestrian, and “Sir Lancelot” seems a bit too cliched.  (Not to mention that his current name is misspelled :wink:)

I think his show name will be Tempting Fate, and barn name will be Finn (Finnegan), but I’m not completely sure on that.  Other barn name choices include Brennen, Tristan, Aidan, and Flynn.

Well congrats on getting him!

And have you ever thought about looking to sell your mare back to the track as a lead pony? Cause if she’s done well under saddle and is mildly calm then she might like it.

They don’t use mares as pony horses, since that’s asking for trouble with the racing colts.  I wouldn’t want her to go back to the racetrack life, anyway, even as a pony.

I think she’s heading to an event trainer’s barn and we’ll see how she does there.  Hopefully the added exposure/training will help her sell quickly. :slight_smile:

congrats on getting him, i noticed the misspelling also, and thats not a hard name to spell.lol, i like fin or flyn for barn names they are cute. And tempting fate is a good one, id keep that !  at least be thankful  they didnt  name  him something really odd, i can see The Terminator used. :slight_smile:

So I think I’m sold.  :wink:  Officially the trial period doesn’t end until Thursday, but now I’m just in it for the free board. :stuck_out_tongue:

We did a dressage show on Saturday (with him not really having any clue about dressage, and only being asked to frame up in the last 2 weeks) and scored a 60%.  ALL 6s and 7s for the movements, except a 4 on the last halt b/c we overshot the center line (oops).  The other scores (is there a name for those?) were all 6s except a 5 for impulsion, because he’s a bit liable to go into “mack truck mode” and just go super fast rather than stretch into the bridle, so we were aiming for slow/steady/relaxed.

Then we popped around the cross-country course a bit, and he was awesome for that…only one green moment, and that was when he was nervous about being “left alone” by my mare (who was 50ft away).

My goal for the dressage was to get in the 40s (eventing scores), so getting a 40 is awesome…especially since if I’d ridden the halt better/slower, we would’ve been in the 30s. :smiley:  I don’t think he’ll ever be an amazing dressage horse or anything, but so far, so good.  (And we beat my mare, who knows a lot more dressage, but is way less willing to try and do it :stuck_out_tongue:).

Congrats.  :wink: Glad your happy with him he sounds cool :slight_smile:

Sounds like you have found your match. Hope you guys progress into being a really good team and I think you are off to a really good start already.

Post more pics when you can.

Tempting Fate is a cool name and I am partial to Aidan as a barn name.  It is not a common name and I like things to be different from everyone else.

He sounds fun. :slight_smile: Good luck with him, I’m sure it’s great to have a horse that you can work and compete with.

i hope he has as sweet disposition as his face looks, hes a sweet looking guy, hope you do great things with him!!! (and it sound like hes plenty willing to learn thats such a good trait )