The Perfect Sim Game? Please post your wish list.

Umm, except being the jockey was never the plan for the updated version of FF, there will still be simulated jockeys, that’s one of the big new things. And TUHOS is intended to go beyond FF and sort of be it’s own little horsie world with horses retiring and going on to careers in the show ring or whatever.

So, you’re basically asking for Gallop Racer (or G1 Jockey 3, or any other first-person jockey game) for harness racing. That’s not what this thread is about, nor is it anything I will be doing in the near future…there’s a reason companies that create those types of games have entire development/graphics staffs and such.

That isn’t what I’m asking for at all. You are right in that if I wanted a first person racer I would go and get one of these. My reference to you or I doing the jockeying/driving was in the context of being able to give direction like a trainer which I believe you are addressing. What you have in FF I believe is unlike any Sim that I’ve come across. I have had Hooves of Thunder and Quarterpole and FPS Racing Sims. The all inclusiveness of this game is unmatched. Please believe me when I say that I’m not trying to offend anyone or make more work etc. for you the people who do the work. that isn’t my intent. But I did read somewhere that there are no stupid questions and you’ve obviously thought about what I talked about alot before I got here. Sorry for the over enthusiasm. Consider this as my last post on this subject.

Myles

Well, this thread isn’t really about creating a stand-alone game of any sort, except (I suppose) a general horse-sim. This thread is about creating a sim that “has it all” regarding breeds/disciplines.

Maybe, once I’m done with that sim, I’ll consider creating a harness racing-only sim, but that’s waaaaaaaaaaaaaay far down the road. :wink: