Sakura Springs 2024 Foals

Welp, it was bound to happen eventually. Sad to lose the Quarren colt, but c’est la vie.

Born April 6

VICTOR HAS IT
NCh. Worthy Victor (G) x Darling Has It - Ch. Rumor Has It (G)
8.2h liver chestnut colt

Stillborn colt
ICh. Quarren (S) x Tooth and Nail - ICh. Stressed (S)

Born April 7

FIVEOCLOCKEXPRESS
WCh. Express Yourself (G) x Ch. Furious Five - NCh. Black Warrior
9.3h bay filly

Actually really excited about this filly. She’s the first baby for MSW/MSP Ch. Furious Five, who was one of my favorite racers during her career. She even landed a second place in the G1 Vessels Stallion Farm Distaff as a 5YO, so hoping for good things from this new filly.

20 Colts | 17 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

Quarren has got a LFG. Let me know if you’d like to use it (happy for you to use it next year/alternative mare if you prefer).

Oh, awesome! I’ve already got her booked to a different stallion for this year, but I would be happy to try Quarren again next year. I don’t think I was gonna send any of the remaining mares to him this year.

Three more on the ground!

ARTIFICER
NCh. Aptitude (B) x Ch. Busy Invention - ICh. Dark Continent (B)
9.0h mahogany bay filly

Inspired by the inventor-type class in Dungeons and Dragons, the new obsession I’ve picked up in the last year.

Busy Invention is headed to Thunder Snow next.

QUANTUM TWILIGHT
NCh. Fight The Twilight (B) x Ch. Higgs Boson - NCh. Void
9.0h bay filly

Higgs Boson is headed to Ablative Armor next.

AMETHYST ROAD
ICh. Calle de Oro (B) x Purple Haze - WCh. Nightfight (S)
8.3h black colt

Hoping for big things from this little guy. With Seattle Slew/A.P. Indy, Mr. Prospector, Cigar, What’s It Worth, and The Black/Nightfight in his pedigree, he’s definitely the heir of a lot of legacies.

Purple Haze was bred on a lease and has returned home.

21 Colts | 19 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

TENNESSEE TWISTER
NCh. Allinvain x A.P. Impala - A.P. Indy (S)
9.2h liver chestnut colt

Named in honor of the tornado that went right over us night before last. I haven’t been able to get on the computer since Sunday evening, and we could be out of electricity for up to 10 days. Thankfully, we have a friend who got completely missed by the whole mess, so I can still get my virtual horse fix from time to time. XD

As far as breeding goes, Twister’s 2YO half-brother won his first race out of the gate, but we have yet to see how well A.P. Impala produces overall.

A.P. Impala is headed to Gun Runner next.

22 Colts | 19 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

1 Like

First, love the name! However, I hate that it had to come from such an awful event. I’m glad you all are safe & hope you get everything back to normal soon. Or…at least as close to normal as anyone can get during a pandemic. Ugh.

Second, Allinvain’s first colt to run just won his race 1st time out of the gate, too - I hope that bodes well for Tennessee Twister, too!

1 Like

Yeah, first the pandemic, then this storm. It’s been a wild year to say the least, but I’m thankful my neighborhood got mostly spared. The surrounding areas were not so lucky.

Glad you like the name! I’m glad to hear about the Allinvain foal as well. My stable could use some younger talent. All my superstars are starting to slow down, and my 3 and 4YO runners are largely couch potatoes. Lol.

ASHCROFT MANOR
ICh. Unabridged (G) x Coronet (S) - Created
8.3h dark grey filly

1/2 sister to Ch. Lord of Misrule, Ch. Dark Crown, Ch. Song of Roland, Ch. The Trumpet Calls, Larkrise

Another foal named in honor of the adventures (or mis-adventures, as it were) of the D&D group I’m a part of. Lol.

Coronet was bred on a lease and has returned home.

22 Colts | 20 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

1 Like

Gorgeous filly! Congrats.

1 Like

THREE PHAROAHS
American Pharoah (B) x Three Chances - GCh. Steal Your Heart
8.0h liver chestnut filly

22 Colts | 21 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

SLAM VICTORY
NCh. Worthy Victor (G) x 'Bama Slamma - GCh. Dixie Time
8.3h black filly

22 Colts | 22 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

HEIR REDEMPTION
NCh. Devil’s Heir x Like A Prayer - WCh. Express Yourself
9.0h bay colt

Purely a placeholder name at the moment.

Like A Prayer is headed to Nobly Regal next.

23 Colts | 22 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

LAST LIGHT
NCh. Last For More (B) x Red Light District (S) - Citation (B)
8.0h light bay filly

This baby was born yesterday, but didn’t get around to posting till now.

1/2 sister to Ch. Ho’opa’i, Ch. Red Harted Queen

23 Colts | 23 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

1 Like

Surprised the name wasn’t taken!

1 Like

I was, too! I typed it in on a whim and it took. Didn’t actually think it would work.

Playing catch-up here.

Born May 4
GOLD SQUADRON
https://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=48926
NCh. Golden Text (G) x Ch. Fantastic Debate (G) - WCh. What’s Debatable (G)
8.3h bay filly

Having been born on Star Wars Day, I couldn’t very well NOT give this little girl a Star Wars inspired name. From the Fandom Wiki, “Gold Squadron, also reffered to as Gold Group, was a starfighter squadron in the Massassi Group rebel cell, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and eventually the New Republic.” Considering her sire has “gold” in his name and that sire, dam, and damsire all are gold ranked, I felt the name was fitting.

As far as the filly goes, I really have my fingers crossed for her. She’s bred to run on both dirt and turf but may lean stronger toward turf at the sprint level. She’s half to Ch. Dissenting Opinion, 3/4 to Ch. Moved By Words, and Sire/BM Sire to NCh. Damn U Autocorrect. Her dam has produced two multi-stakes winners, one staked placed, and 86% winners. So hoping she does her heritage proud!

Fantastic Debate is headed to Starling next.

Born May 5
MINNESINGER
NCh. Von Lichtenstein (S) x Born Lucky - GCh. Harvard Bound (B)
9.1h bay colt

Named such because Ulrich von Liechtenstein was a German minnesinger and poet in the Middle Ages.

Born Lucky is headed to Daredevil Dan next.

Born May 6
MYSTIC HEIR
NCh. Devil’s Heir x Mysteries - Ch. Moonopoly (B)
8.2h bay colt

Mysteries is headed to Glorious Victory next.

25 Colts | 24 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

:heart: Gold Squadron

1 Like

Well…it was bound to happen again eventually…

Stillborn filly
NCh. Last For More (B) x Fine Trick - GCh. Harvard Bound (B)

Fine Trick will be put up for lease for a while after this.

25 Colts | 24 Fillies | 2 Stillborn

@Firefly Im sorry to hear about your stillborn, if you wish to send Fine Trick back to Last for More let me know, ill adjust the fee. He does have a Jun1 slot open.

@Nicole11 I really appreciate the offer, but I’m gonna be up to my ears in foals next year anyway and I still have a few that I definitely do want to breed, so I’m gonna have to bow out on this one. Trying to behave myself over here. Lol. Thank you so much for the offer, though!

1 Like