Racing Revamp Features

I’ve posted my detailed weight breakdown in the original post. Feel free to comment. :slight_smile:

Looks pretty cool Shanthi! Can’t wait to see what happens once weights are in place actually, should be real interesting…

Everything looks great but I have one small input. The weights seem to be overly large for each category. For example, many a maiden racer simply could not carry and impost of 122lbs. It’s a huge amount. If my memory is correct, the largest weight a horse ever carried was in the area of 136lbs. That was in a stakes handicap, I believe. The point is, if these are the base weights that will be used for the new system and they haven’t been modified, I would suggest to lower them.

Maidens carry exactly around that weight, at Philly park today in the first race, a maiden claimer for three-years olds, all the horses were carrying 119-121 lbs.

140lbs is a bit on the high side, but it is also the limit so I imagine only the ‘greats’ would be running with this weight.

The weight for handicap races ranges from 108-150lbs.  Only horses who are odds-on favorites would carry anything close to 150lbs, however.

The weight that horses can carry and still run at 100% is 115-140lbs.